Will A Guitar Hero Guitar Work in Rock Band?

RickenrockerRickenrocker Unsigned
edited February 2008 in Less Rokk More Talk
I have a Kramer guitar that I got with Guitar Hero for PS2 and I was hoping I could use it as a bass in a band situation along with the drums, mic and lead guitar that I got with Rock Band. The Kramer does not have the new button (round with a "+" or "X" on it) that you use to enter yourself in group play (band). I'm hoping not to have to buy another guitar.

Thanks,

RR

Comments

• DaesaniaDaesania Serious Poster
    edited February 2008
    I use my PS2 guitar just fine in RB.
  • viciousknidviciousknid Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    We use GH guitar for bass in Rockband. Works fine just like any other controller for the console.
  • LZ_69LZ_69 Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Rickenrocker;308111 said:
    I have a Kramer guitar that I got with Guitar Hero for PS2 and I was hoping I could use it as a bass in a band situation along with the drums, mic and lead guitar that I got with Rock Band. The Kramer does not have the new button (round with a "+" or "X" on it) that you use to enter yourself in group play (band). I'm hoping not to have to buy another guitar.

Thanks,

RR
    Yeap it works!! it's the GH3 les paul controller that's the problem, but let's not get into that.
  • castrocastro Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Which console are planning on trying to play the ps2 guitar with rock band?

I was under the impression that none of the old playstation 2 guitars would work with ps3 rock band because they don't have the 'P' button that makes the ps3 'see' the controller. I'm also pretty sure they didn't make a ps2 version of the game.

Is that wrong?
  • FultonPubFultonPub Road Warrior
    edited February 2008
    Thread # 3, 149 on this topic.......:rolleyes:
  • castrocastro Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Well, since you've read 3,000+ other threads on the subject, and felt the need to post about it, did you have any relevant information to add? If not, thanks for nothing.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited February 2008
    castro;308617 said:
    Which console are planning on trying to play the ps2 guitar with rock band?

I was under the impression that none of the old playstation 2 guitars would work with ps3 rock band because they don't have the 'P' button that makes the ps3 'see' the controller. I'm also pretty sure they didn't make a ps2 version of the game.

Is that wrong?
    Yes that's wrong. There's a PS2 version of Rock Band.
  • castrocastro Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    davidshek;308666 said:
    Yes that's wrong. There's a PS2 version of Rock Band.
    Oh, I see. Thank you, although hoping that someone had figured out how get a ps2 guitar to work on the ps3. Maybe that's something I should tinker with.
  • cdoe001cdoe001 Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    I thought they had a universal atachment for your guitar to work in any of the three... Maybe wrong...
  • castrocastro Unsigned
    edited February 2008
    Well, I think they make PS2 port -> USB port adapters that can be used to connect the wired PS2 guitar to the PS3. The problem that I read about was that when the game starts, there is no "PS" button on the old ps2 guitars to signal the PS3 that it is hooked up. I don't know... I'm not sure about it all, as I've never experimented with it, but I think this will make an interesting project for me to work on. I'm sure there's got to be a way to make them work together.
  • DaesaniaDaesania Serious Poster
    edited February 2008
    It might have helped to say you were looking to play the ps2 guitar on your ps3, as far as i know, no that wont work. PS2 guitar does work on PS2 rockband however.
  • edited February 2008
    Well why don't you plug it in and see , did anybody think of that?
  • Super_SonicSuper_Sonic Opening Act
    edited February 2008
    mercuryshadow09;311263 said:
    Well why don't you plug it in and see , did anybody think of that?
    Maybe the OP hasn't bought RB yet. :P