May 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: The Aforementioned May Flowers Are Now In Bloom

You know the drill.

C'mon KC and the Sunshine Band! (personal opinion)

Comments

• GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Week 1 - RBVR
    "Casual Party" - Band of Horses
    "Birds" - Coldplay

Week 2 - Modern Dance Rock
    "The Less I Know The Better" - Tame Impala
    "Leave It In My Dreams" - The Voidz

Week 3 - 90s Alt Rock
    "Lump" - The Presidents of the United States of America (Rewind)
    "The Man Who Sold The World (Live From MTV Unplugged)" - Nirvana

Week 4 - 90s Pop-Rock
    "Lovefool" - The Cardigans
    "Someday" - Sugar Ray

Week 5 - Mixed Singles
    "Creatures (For a While)" - 311
    "Can't Stand Me Now" - The Libertines
    "This Must Be The Place" - Talking Heads

I feel like this is my most realistic set of predictions yet going off of trends and even still I have no confidence any of these songs will show up in May just because of how wrong I always am. If we get any 3 song weeks though I'll be ecstatic regardless of content.
  • TheMuralsTheMurals Unsigned
    No point in guessing which weeks will have which songs, but I’m predicting these batches are probable thanks to trends:

Free Your Mind / En Vogue
    That’s the Way (I Like It) / KC & the Sunshine Band

Rock the Charts 02
    Gone Away / Five Finger Death Punch
    I Only Lie When I Love You / Royal Blood
    The Sky is a Neighborhood / Foo Fighters

Highway Tune / Greta Van Fleet
    No Roots / Alice Merton

Black Hole Sun / Soundgarden (Rewind)
    Girls Girls Girls / Motley Crue
  • Maps

Just a month of maps
  • Taking inspiration from @EliBell1's idea of theming his guess on the April DLC Prediction Thread. Here's mine based on the phrase "May Flowers" (So taking stuff related to plants (Flowers, Trees, Grass, etc)

Week 1 - Maroon 5 Pack (Reason: Maroon 5 was once called Kara's Flowers)
    - Maps (Carryover from VR)
    - She'll Be Loved
    - Sugar

Week 2 - Singles (Season 6 Starts here)
    - Rusted Root - Send Me On The Way (Spotlight Pass Song)
    - The Statler Brothers - Flowers On The Wall

Week 3 - Singles
    - Rush - The Trees (Vault Edition) (Rock Band 2 Rewind)
    - The Wallflowers - One Headlight (Spotlight Pass Song)

Week 4 - Singles
    - The Killers - The Man (Spotlight Pass Song (Reason: Brandon Flowers)
    - Supergrass - Grace (Lego Rock Band Rewind)

Week 5 - Singles
    - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Where The Wild Roses Grow (Feat. Kylie Minogue)
    - Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers) (Spotlight Pass Song)
  • edited April 24

Here's my predictions, 1st week is a season break and the rest of May is part of season 6:

5/3 - Pearl Jam 01
    Alive (rewind)
    Daughter
    Yellow Ledbetter

5/10
    Veruca Salt - "Volcano Girls"
    New Radicals - "You Get What You Give" (spotlight pass)

5/17
    Soul Asylum - "Runaway Train"
    Candlebox - "Far Behind" (spotlight pass)

5/24
    Live - "Selling the Drama" (spotlight pass)
    Matchbox Twenty - "Push"

5/31
    The Cardigans - "Lovefool" (spotlight pass)
    Supergrass - "Alright"

Make that 5/10 week Seether instead of Volcano Girls and The Freshmen and that's close to a perfect month for me.
  • MistressDeviantMistressDeviant Unsigned
    edited April 24
    I definitely agree it's time for the VR songs and maybe some more Drop Mix crossovers, "Bust A Move" and "No Scrubs" come to mind. I love the suggestion of "Selling the Drama" and would add "Iris" as a Live pack week.

Korn's front man Jonathan Davis' solo album is released in May, so perhaps a Korn song could be possible; "Got the Life" or "Here to Stay" would be my choice, with "Blind" being the unicorn. And while on the metal genre, wishful thinking, but it's been a while since we've seen Slipknot dlc either new or in the Rivals challenges*, so I'm going to say "Killpop" to go along with Korn, or of course Disturbed's "Ten Thousand Fists"/"Remember".

For Mother's Day, I would love "Mother" and "Stacy's Mom", I really hope that prediction comes true! :)

*Yes, I know "Snuff" and "Duality" have appeared this season.
  • edited April 24

I definitely agree it's time for the VR songs and maybe some more Drop Mix crossovers, "Bust A Move" and "No Scrubs" come to mind. I love the suggestion of "Selling the Drama" and would add "Iris" as a Live pack week.

Korn's front man Jonathan Davis' solo album is released in May, so perhaps a Korn song could be possible; "Got the Life" or "Here to Stay" would be my choice, with "Blind" being the unicorn. And while on the metal genre, wishful thinking, but it's been a while since we've seen Slipknot dlc either new or in the Rivals challenges, so I'm going to say "Killpop" to go along with Korn, or of course Disturbed's "Ten Thousand Fists"/"Remember".

For Mother's Day, I would love "Mother" and "Stacy's Mom", I really hope that prediction comes true! :)

We are severely lacking more Korn tunes in RB. I would even take What It Is, if we're talking about Jonathan Davis solo tracks.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    I'm going guess we'll see some artists that got singles in 2016 or 2017, a continuation of 90s tunes, an artists we're missing a huge hit from, new singles from former Rock Band artists, and random forgotten songs from the 60s or 70s... Which is the most sense I can make out of Rock Band trends.

5/3 90s Love
    Monster Magnet - Space Lord
    Powerman 5000 – When World’s Collide

5/10 Redemption Singles
    KT Tunstall - Black Horse and a Cherry Tree
    The Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane

5/17 You Ever Heard of Me?
    Aphrodite's Child - The Four Horsemen
    Cactus - Evil

5/24 The New Thing
    Beck - Up All Night
    Modest Mouse - Lampshades on Fire

5/31 We're Back Again
    Kenny Loggins - I'm Free
    Queens of the Stone Age - Feet Don't Fail Me Now
  • Witticus said:

I'm going guess we'll see some artists that got singles in 2016 or 2017, a continuation of 90s tunes, an artists we're missing a huge hit from, new singles from former Rock Band artists, and random forgotten songs from the 60s or 70s... Which is the most sense I can make out of Rock Band trends.

5/3 90s Love
    Monster Magnet - Space Lord
    Powerman 5000 – When World’s Collide

5/10 Redemption Singles
    KT Tunstall - Black Horse and a Cherry Tree
    The Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane

5/17 You Ever Heard of Me?
    Aphrodite's Child - The Four Horsemen
    Cactus - Evil

5/24 The New Thing
    Beck - Up All Night
    Modest Mouse - Lampshades on Fire

5/31 We're Back Again
    Kenny Loggins - I'm Free
    Queens of the Stone Age - Feet Don't Fail Me Now

Hell yeah to those 5/3 & 5/10 weeks. I'm surprised we've never gotten any Monster Magnet.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    patl175 said:

Looking at the songs we got lately, it might not be too far out that we get Tal Bachman's she's so high (would be great) and i hope really hard we get The Animals house of the rising sun!

I would also like to see John Mayer's No Such Thing. Granted I would just like to see anything by John Mayer at this point.
  • A lot of mentions of Free Your Mind...been wanting that for a while. That's not in DropMix, is it?

Also predicting Painless by Fozzy. Last I checked, it was approaching the top 10 of the Mainstream Rock chart. You know what, how about Rock The Charts 02:

Painless - Fozzy
    Bulletproof - Godsmack
    The Mountain - Three Days Grace
  • I had forgotten that Free Your Mind existed, but as soon as it was mentioned the chorus got stuck in my head and now I'm adding it to my wishlist spreadsheet. DANG IT.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    The part of Free Your Mind that's supposed to get stuck in your head isn't the chorus, it's the riff.
  • edited April 26

Taking inspiration from @EliBell1's idea of theming his guess on the April DLC Prediction Thread.

I sorta guessed "Steal My Sunshine" correctly for April, so maybe you'll have similar luck with May!

I'm gonna keep my predictions simple for May since I was so far off in April:

Nelson - "After the Rain"
    • Follow up to the last week of March/first week of April's Rivals Theme of April showers.
    Vitamin C - "Graduation (Friends Forever)"
    • High school and college graduations usually happen in May.
    Weird Al - "The Saga Begins"
    • May the 4th.

Edit: Corrected the time period in which the April showers rivals theme took place.
  • EliBell1 said:

Taking inspiration from @EliBell1's idea of theming his guess on the April DLC Prediction Thread.

I sorta guessed "Steal My Sunshine" correctly for April, so maybe you'll have similar luck with May!

I'm gonna keep my predictions simple for May since I was so far off in April:

Nelson - "After the Rain"
    • Follow up to the last week of March/first week of April's Rivals Theme of April showers.
    Vitamin C - "Graduation (Friends Forever)"
    • High school and college graduations usually happen in May.
    Weird Al - "The Saga Begins"
    • May the 4th.

Edit: Corrected the time period in which the April showers rivals theme took place.
    I would buy the crap out of all three of those. Especially After the Rain and The Saga Begins, although I don't think the latter's very likely because of the fact we already have "American Pie."
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited April 26
    I would buy the crap out of Vitamin C - Graduation (Friends Forever)
    MAKE IT HAPPEN HARMONIX! I DARE YOU! ;)

Edit: I just requested it! thanks for the reminder!
  • coolkat said:

I would buy the crap out of all three of those. Especially After the Rain and The Saga Begins, although I don't think the latter's very likely because of the fact we already have "American Pie."

Wouldn't already having the song Weird Al is parodying on the RB platform make the licensing easier since the artist of the parodied song is apparently okay with their work being used in RB? Or are you thinking more along the lines of Harmonix not wanting to go after parody songs since they wouldn't bring much new to the RB platform instrumentally?
  • EliBell1 said:

coolkat said:

Wouldn't already having the song Weird Al is parodying on the RB platform make the licensing easier since the artist of the parodied song is apparently okay with their work being used in RB? Or are you thinking more along the lines of Harmonix not wanting to go after parody songs since they wouldn't bring much new to the RB platform instrumentally?
    No song on the platform means anything for a different song, actually! Every single song is a different and unique process.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    HMXOwl said:

EliBell1 said:

coolkat said:

No song on the platform means anything for a different song, actually! Every single song is a different and unique process.
    But is it harder to license a cover or a parody of a popular song or is it the same as any other song? People on here always expected it to be harder but HMX never confirmed it and it's something i've always ask myself if it is true or not because we do have originals and covers and some songs only covers.
  • patl175 said:

HMXOwl said:

EliBell1 said:

coolkat said:

But is it harder to license a cover or a parody of a popular song or is it the same as any other song? People on here always expected it to be harder but HMX never confirmed it and it's something i've always ask myself if it is true or not because we do have originals and covers and some songs only covers.
    Every song is a different and unique process. There are no blanket statements whatsoever. You're asking a question without an answer, which is half the reason you've never heard one. The other half being the usual 'no one gets details on the process' part.
  • snysny
    edited April 26
    I'll try not to repeat predictions made last month, but I still predict prog making a comeback, adding to that a fresh infusion of '80s and '00s songs:

Week of May 3rd - I'm the what now?
    • John Farnham - You're the Voice
    • The Cardigans - You're the Storm

Week of May 10th - A cat and mouse game
    • Seventh Wonder - Alley Cat (Spotlight Pass)
    • Marillion - Sugar Mice

Week of May 17th - You'll need these to get around
    • Maroon 5 - Maps (Spotlight Pass)
    • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps (Rewind)

Week of May 24th - The showers did bring them after all!
    • Ace of Base - Life is a Flower
    • Greta Van Fleet - Flower Power (Spotlight Pass)

Week of May 31st - Where there's smoke, there's fire
    • Amorphis - The Smoke
    • Rammstein - Feuer Frei! (Spotlight Pass)
  • You forgot a song, @sny.

The Hagrids - "You're the Wizard, Harry"
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    sny said:

I'll try not to repeat predictions made last month, but I still predict prog making a comeback, adding to that a fresh infusion of '80s and '00s songs:

Week of May 10th - A cat and mouse game

• Seventh Wonder - Alley Cat (Spotlight Pass)
    • Marillion - Sugar Mice
    If we got a Seventh Wonder song, I would eat my hat. I figure there is a tiny chance of one day getting a song from that lesser band that Tommy also sings for, but that is about it.

Another Nightwish song would be nice too (And more in the realm of possibility - I have never seen the place I saw them at last week as packed as it was).