May 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: The Aforementioned May Flowers Are Now In Bloom

Comments

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited April 26
    I would eat a lot more than a hat if we got a Marillion song. Though I guess that's not all THAT more far-out than Status Quo - like Marillion, a UK band that had one moderate hit stateside but decades of bubbling-under success in the UK.

I have to imagine the only Marillion song that's even on any degree of a watchlist is Kayleigh (or possibly the whole Kayleigh/Lavender medley).

"This Strange Engine" is a dream I've never really entertained, though it is on my shortlist of genie-wish unrealistic-for-actual-consideration songs.
  • BaronRob said:

sny said:

I'll try not to repeat predictions made last month, but I still predict prog making a comeback, adding to that a fresh infusion of '80s and '00s songs:

Week of May 10th - A cat and mouse game

• Seventh Wonder - Alley Cat (Spotlight Pass)
    • Marillion - Sugar Mice
    If we got a Seventh Wonder song, I would eat my hat. I figure there is a tiny chance of one day getting a song from that lesser band that Tommy also sings for, but that is about it.

Another Nightwish song would be nice too (And more in the realm of possibility - I have never seen the place I saw them at last week as packed as it was).
    I vaguely recall when Amaranth came out that it was mentioned that Nightwish was a highly requested band. I can see that still being the case, especially since there are plenty of their songs that be more fun than Amaranth in the four instrument setup.

Plus they've brought out two proper albums and a sort of best of since then. So yeah, I can see more Nightwish turning up.
  • Status Quo and Breaking Benjamin during season 5 does appear to open up more possibilities. To be honest I was considering predicting Arctic Monkeys for May because of the new album (having a similar DLC approach to Torn in Two).
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    Time for my patented "reads the Wikipedia entries for the dates" style 'predictions':

05/03

Interpol - "Obstacle 1" (Paul Banks' birthday)
    Cage The Elephant - "Ain't No Rest For the Wicked" (anniversary of the Kentucky Derby first being televised in 1952, and CTE are from Kentucky)

05/10

U2 - "Beautiful Day" (Bono's birthday)
    U2 - "With or Without You" (" ")

05/17

Them Crooked Vultures - "Mind Eraser, No Chaser" (Josh Homme's birthday)
    Queens of the Stone Age - "Make It Wit Chu" (" ")

05/24

Bob Dylan - "The Times Are A-Changin' " (Bob Dylan's birthday)
    The Eagles - "Hotel California" (The Judgment of Paris in 1976 acknowledged California can indeed make wine)

05/31

Run-DMC - "It's Like That" (Darryl "D.M.C" McDaniels' birthday)
    Corey Hart - "Sunglasses at Night" (Corey Hart's birthday)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited April 27
    Alright, I haven't participated in one of these threads for months, so I'll bite. I'll just throw out some educated guesses based on the sort of stuff we've been getting, some VR songs, some Dropmix songs, and things that are doing well on the charts, and who knows, I might get lucky enough to get one right.

May 3rd - ’10’s singles
    Bruno Mars ft. Cardi B - “Finesse”
    Maroon 5 - “Maps”

May 10th - Rock the Charts 02
    Ghost - “Rats”
    Greta Van Fleet - “Safari Song” (Spotlight Song)
    Queens of the Stone Age - “Head Like a Haunted House”

May 17th - Country singles
    Carrie Underwood - “Church Bells”
    Dolly Parton - “Jolene” (Spotlight Pass)

May 24th - ’90’s singles
    OMC - “How Bizarre”
    Tal Bachman - “She’s So High” (Spotlight Pass)

May 31st - Mixed singles
    Redbone - “Come and Get Your Love”
    Sum 41 - “The Hell Song” (Spotlight Pass)
  • 5/3: Break Week
    -Maps- Maroon 5
    -In Bloom- Nirvana (Rewind)

5/10: 00's Week
    -I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor- Arctic Monkeys (Spotlight)
    -1985- Bowling For Soup

5/17: Mixed Week
    -Why Bother?- Weezer (Spotlight)
    -New Rules- Dua Lipa

5/24: Moar 90's Metal
    -Sweating Bullets- Megadeth (Spotlight)
    -Unsung- Helmet

5/31: Mixed Week
    -Fly Away- Lenny Kravitz (Spotlight)
    -Chelsea Dagger- The Fratellis

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    @razor63 , for the Josh Homme week, I would like to see "Make it Wit Chu" paired with an Eagles of Death Metal song.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Make It Wit Chu (live from Over the Years and Through the Woods) and Miss Alissa would be my ultimate Josh Homme week of dlc. :)
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    djb5f1 said:

@razor63 , for the Josh Homme week, I would like to see "Make it Wit Chu" paired with an Eagles of Death Metal song.

I guess "Wannabe in L.A." would be the most obvious pick there? I'd rather get another Them Crooked Vultures track, for several reasons, but the only relevant one is I like TCV far more than I do EODM, to be honest.
  • I'd pick Lady Gaga's Perfect Illusion for the 1st song, I miss the early Rivals era for a few reasons. More than 2 songs a week being the most obvious one but I did like some of the modern pop DLC releases back then like the Lady Gaga pack.
  • I'd pick Lady Gaga's Perfect Illusion for the 1st song, I miss the early Rivals era for a few reasons. More than 2 songs a week being the most obvious one but I did like some of the modern pop DLC releases back then like the Lady Gaga pack.

We could easily fill another Gaga pack:
    Perfect Illusion
    You & I
    Telephone (or Marry The Night since I see it requested here quite a bit ;))

We could easily fill another Gaga pack:
    Perfect Illusion
    You & I
    Telephone (or Marry The Night since I see it requested here quite a bit ;))
    Everybody forgets Alejandro, that immediately comes to mind when I hear "let's have another Lady Gaga pack!"
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited April 28
    RS is getting a KT Tunstall 3 pack next week so @Witticus is along the right lines for RS DLC predictions. The confirmed song for the pack was Suddenly I See but I'd be very surprised if Black Horse and the Cherry Tree isn't included.
  • Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
    Probably some other late ‘00s rock or alternative song
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    Huh, so I accidentally predicted Rocksmith!?
  • razor63 said:

djb5f1 said:

I guess "Wannabe in L.A." would be the most obvious pick there? I'd rather get another Them Crooked Vultures track, for several reasons, but the only relevant one is I like TCV far more than I do EODM, to be honest.
    If we got enough Them Crooked Vultures we could have a full discography.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    Vexus said:

BaronRob said:

sny said:

I'll try not to repeat predictions made last month, but I still predict prog making a comeback, adding to that a fresh infusion of '80s and '00s songs:

Week of May 10th - A cat and mouse game

• Seventh Wonder - Alley Cat (Spotlight Pass)
    • Marillion - Sugar Mice
    If we got a Seventh Wonder song, I would eat my hat. I figure there is a tiny chance of one day getting a song from that lesser band that Tommy also sings for, but that is about it.

Another Nightwish song would be nice too (And more in the realm of possibility - I have never seen the place I saw them at last week as packed as it was).
    I vaguely recall when Amaranth came out that it was mentioned that Nightwish was a highly requested band. I can see that still being the case, especially since there are plenty of their songs that be more fun than Amaranth in the four instrument setup.

Plus they've brought out two proper albums and a sort of best of since then. So yeah, I can see more Nightwish turning up.
    I will take a two pack of Over The Hills and the live Dark Chest Of Wonders from the Wacken DVD with Floor. Something from Century Child (End Of All Hope my pick) or Wishmaster to make a three pack.
  • DesvergerDesverger Opening Act
    edited April 29
    Deleted.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I had some fun with "Awareness Days" last month.

May 3: World Press Freedom Day
    Joe Jackson - Sunday Papers
    Public Enemy - A Letter to the New York Post

May 10: International Migratory Bird Day
    Coldplay - Birds
    Wilco - One Wing

May 17: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
    Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side
    The Kinks - Lola
    Janelle Monae feat. Grimes - Pynk

May 25 (I found no May 24 awareness day): Geek Pride Day
    Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
    Weird Al Yankovic - Yoda (licensing negotiated in tandem with The Kinks from preceding week)

May 31: World No-Tobacco Day
    Tom Petty - Last Dance with Mary Jane (Studio version)
    Bob Dylan - Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again *

* "He just smoked my eyelids and punched my cigarette"

• May 10 could some a Space Age Love Song from some Seagulls if you know what I mean ;)
  • Sweet Leaf (OV) or After Forever, even the song Black Sabbath?

Don’t expect a 6-pack again for a LOOOOONG time
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    hiimSMAP said:

Remember when May used to be the metal month?
    2010: Judas Priest and Pantera albums
    2011: Pantera and Ozzy Osbourne packs
    2012: Iron Maiden and Bullet For My Valentine packs

Gonna go out on a limb here:

Black Sabbath 6 pack, which will be announced on the upcoming livestream:

Paranoid
    Iron Man
    Children of the Grave
    Into the Void
    Snowblind
    Supernaut
    Would love for you to be right but...

Also, Electric Funeral needs to be in that 6-Pack!

• BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    Six pack is void without Heaven And Hell
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    If we're to go as unrealistic as larger packs, there'd need to be a pack for Ozzy era and a separate pack for Dio era. Also the Ozzy era pack would need to have original versions of the 4 songs that came to RB in 2007 (Paranoid and the 3 pack) because most AMFB covers are bad.

Given that we only really get newer metal nowadays, I could see something like this happening at some point:
    Bring Me the Horizon - "Shadow Moses"
    Of Mice & Men - "Bones Exposed"
  • I kind of like the covers.
  • edited May 1
    Really, Paranoid's the only cover that needs the original version in my opinion.

Obviously, Epica's my main hope for a metal band, but I reckon we might get a Ghost pack since they seem to be building up to a new album at the moment. Any three of:

- Rats
    - Monstrance Clock
    - Year Zero
    - Square Hammer
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited May 1
    hiimSMAP said:

Remember when May used to be the metal month?
    2010: Judas Priest and Pantera albums
    2011: Pantera and Ozzy Osbourne packs
    2012: Iron Maiden and Bullet For My Valentine packs

Gonna go out on a limb here:

Black Sabbath 6 pack, which will be announced on the upcoming livestream:

Paranoid
    Iron Man
    Children of the Grave
    Into the Void
    Snowblind
    Supernaut
    But I also want Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. And The Wizard. And Black Sabbath. And God is Dead? And the original War Pigs (though the cover isn't that bad, I'll admit).
This discussion has been closed.