Official End to Controller Manufacturing

Comments

• I picked up two new-in-box strats for ps4 on ebay for $57 each. I have about 10 guitars now, but IMO you can never have too many. I remember the hardware panic between RB3 and the RB4 release.
  • Here are some stats for y'all:

Total Number of Players With Ratings per Instrument as of 12:30 PM PDT on 5/12/2018:

• Guitar: 368,221
    • Vox: 229,357
    • Bass: 212,690
    • Drums: 196,141
    • Harms: 58,405
    • Pro Drums: 41,226
    So there you have it. It's a good assumption that all the bass players are also guitar players because this is just "has a rating" not "what they play most".

I wonder how many of those 41k pro drummers were covered by the 2 runs of wired legacy adapters? Doubtful there's a business case to ever make those things again.
    Are these numbers just for the Xbox1? (You mentioned the Wired Legacy Adapter)

Thought there would be more Ex-Pro Drummers than that??
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    i wouldn't assume all bass players also play guitar. there are a significant number of people who like to play bass but don't like guitar because of chords.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    tnevaker said:

i wouldn't assume all bass players also play guitar. there are a significant number of people who like to play bass but don't like guitar because of chords.

Hey! That's me!
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    I play bass because I enjoy the rhythm of it and yes, much easier to play without the three-note chords and fewer crazy HOPO patterns.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    tnevaker said:

But if the tally is "People who have ever played at least one guitar song", even the people who prefer bass and main bass... have still at least played one guitar song, if only to find out they don't especially like ti and prefer to stick with Bass for most normal play.

I'd say far more than people who have never played bass at all because all they ever wanted to do with this game is be a guitar god and not explore anything outside that at all.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited May 15
    I’d say over 99% of players who have played either have played both (at least for one song).

Edit - actually, nevermind the stats above do not back up my claim.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

tnevaker said:

But if the tally is "People who have ever played at least one guitar song", even the people who prefer bass and main bass... have still at least played one guitar song, if only to find out they don't especially like ti and prefer to stick with Bass for most normal play.

I'd say far more than people who have never played bass at all because all they ever wanted to do with this game is be a guitar god and not explore anything outside that at all.
    i think that's less true for RB4. people have had 3 previous versions of the game (plus Lego, Beatles, Green Day) to figure out if they prefer to just play bass.
  • tnevaker said:

Bas[s]ed on my own experience, this is more likely. I've joked about the "bawwww bass is boring" mentality among guitar mains a few times in my USL thread because really, it is a lot more prevalent than the "I don't like guitar because chords/HOPOs" mentality - hell, this thread is the first time I've seen the latter. It's a mentality that applies to the real life instruments as well - more people want to be guitarists than want to be bassists, after all.

Incidentally, this is why I quite like funk/disco, some reggae and specific songs like Longview and Caravan - they're the exceptions to the "bass is boring" idea, and great for trolling people who won't let other people play the guitar parts in multiplayer.