DLC Discussion Thread: The Strokes and The Warning!

edited May 15 in Rock Band
HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 5/17: The Strokes and The Warning!

This week, we’re bringing a Rewind from the first Rock Band and a new DLC release from The Warning, which is free for Rivals owners!

The Strokes first appeared in Rock Band with their single “Reptilia”. A hit on the Modern Rock Tracks in America and the UK Singles Chart, the song has become one of the band’s best known tracks thanks to a strong guitar line and pop culture appearances throughout the 2000s. This week, we’re releasing the track for anyone to purchase, not just those who already had the Rock Band 1 export prior to Rock Band 4’s release. The drums are fast and dense, as you’d expect from the garage punk sound. There’s a ton of kicks all over, including when the song comes down in the prechorus, so don’t think your feet will get a break.

The Warning are a special band to us here at Harmonix. Originally sisters that played Rock Band together, they’re now sisters that play in a real band together. That’s super cool! We included a song from their first EP on the Rock Band 4 disc (“Free Falling”, go check it out again) and now we’ve got a song from The Warning’s debut album last year just for Rivals owners. “Survive” features some good harmonies from the members of the band and a fun drum part, changing up a few times. The guitar’s got a chugging chord pattern throughout, and plays a quick repeating riff through the outro. Be sure to pick it up and check out the rest of XXI Century Blood.

"Reptilia" can be purchased individually for $1.99. "Survive" is a free track accessible to owners of Rock Band Rivals.

• The Strokes - "Reptilia" (Rewind)
  • The Warning - "Survive"

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, May 17th.

Comments

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    Yep.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I wondered what happened to "The Warning"! I see posts from "Baby Metal" all the time, so I was hoping those talented youngsters from Monterrey were also staying active. Cool!

Oh, so that means there are no new songs to buy. And thus no Spotlight Pass. And thus people will be freaking out for at least another week, wondering if something has gone Terribly Wrong. Not cool!
  • A Rewind from an export I already own and a free track. Thanks for saving me more money Harmonix.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Oh come on, I actuallly thought we were finally getting Last Nite! Like I’ve said before I’d buy Reptilia if I didn’t already own it for a decade.

No interest in The Warning

• Well, hopefully next week is going to be better...
  • TehRoachTehRoach Unsigned
    When I saw "The Warning" my mind immediately went to the Queensryche album. I completely forgot that it was a band name.
  • =Week 2: Retrospective: Rock Band 1=
    - 3's & 7's (Queens of the Stone Age)
    - Say It Ain't So (Weezer)
    - Somebody Told Me (The Killers)

Nice to see another Free Song this week, along with another Rewind that isn't from Rock Band 3. I'm looking forward to the first returning RBN track. :)
  • More free Rivals songs, that's surprising. Hopefully later in the season there's RBVR progress but from the preview Survive sounds good.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    3 weeks in a row i can't give you my money... What is happening?? I'm happy with the free songs but i put money in my psn wallet to give it to you and i can't, oh well, at least i can keep enjoying the game with the songs i have. Can't wait to see what rbn songs are coming soon!
  • blink182punkblink182punk Unsigned
    I’m over free songs from unknown bands. I’m sure some people enjoy them though.
  • As for the challenge, my predictions are RB1 disc and RB1 era DLC with these spotlights:
    GLaDOS - "Still Alive"
    Queens of the Stone Age - "3's and 7's"
    All That Remains - "Two Weeks"
  • Yikes
  • It's a bit hard to say "shut up and take my money" when for three weeks now it's been freebies and rewinds.

My bank account isn't complaining tho.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited May 15
    Reading wikipedia lists are hard when they don't sort the way I'm used to. :p
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I blame myself for being so picky about always having songs be properly mixed. Oh to be offered a Spotlight Pass of songs again ... even if some of them weren't fully featured ... and even if I was more interested in the non-Spotlight Pass songs at least half of the time [but not every time]. Offer the Spotlight Pass option again, HMX, and I promise to buy it, each and every one of them, forever and ever. Amen.

** goes to request Randy Travis **
  • Foos036Foos036 Unsigned
    There are so, so many great Strokes songs, but I didn't even let myself get excited when I saw their name in the title because I knew it was just going to be Reptilia.

It's pretty bad when you expect nothing and somehow still end up disappointed. Free is good, but three weeks in a row where people who exported have no options to buy new content is not a good look.

I typically stay on the optimistic side, but with the complete lack of hardware options available, and the current state of DLC, it sure feels like the end is nearing.