DLC Discussion Thread: The Strokes and The Warning!

Comments

• kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Foos036 said:

There are so, so many great Strokes songs, but I didn't even let myself get excited when I saw their name in the title because I knew it was just going to be Reptilia.

It's pretty bad when you expect nothing and somehow still end up disappointed. Free is good, but three weeks in a row where people who exported have no options to buy new content is not a good look.

I typically stay on the optimistic side, but with the complete lack of hardware options available, and the current state of DLC, it sure feels like the end is nearing.

Harmonix just really needs to clue us in. Seems only fair to us long time fans.

Oh hey, more free stuff, and from the second best band on RB4 disc no less!

Neither band appeared on the RB4 disc. ;)
    The Warning has the song "Free Falling" on the RB4 disc.
    Oops... @NightmareLyre so who's the best band on the RB4 disc then? ;)
  • Judging by the intro video, the new Warning song is much more fun than Free Falling, and Reptilia is another one of those rewinds I wouldn't have requested but don't mind picking up.

As much as I'm hype about the prospect of possible rewinds from RB2/LRB (Aqualung/Panic Attack/Life Is A Highway/Ghostbusters? Yes please!), I hope Harmonix doesn't go down memory lane deep enough to forget the excitement new songs from internationally popular bands bring to the series and us players.

Oh hey, more free stuff, and from the second best band on RB4 disc no less!

Neither band appeared on the RB4 disc. ;)
    The Warning has the song "Free Falling" on the RB4 disc.
    Oops... @NightmareLyre so who's the best band on the RB4 disc then? ;)
    What else can I say? What else can I say? What else can I say? What else can I say?
    Good pick. Those are my top two bands as well. One of which I thought was on the RB3 disc until just minutes ago. :p
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    I just hope this makes it more likely we'll get more from The Strokes in the future.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    Patiently waiting to rebuy RBN songs. Come on next week!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Reptilia has been especially top of mind for me lately because a CanCon track making the Canadian alt-and-indie radio rounds ... has always sounded to me like a blatant lift of Reptilia. Don't tell their fans though. They get testy.

This week? Eh. Last season lowered my expectations enough that even if this is a disappointing week that only puts it slightly worse than the new par.
  • I love The Warning but what is going on this season?

If I were to predict:
    Week 1: Play anything
    Week 2: RB1 and RB1-era DLC (Survive isn't relevant to the challenge)
    Week 3: RB2 +DLC up to the launch of Lego RB
    Week 4: LRB +DLC up to the launch of RBN1.0
    Week 5: Green Day RB, +DLC from then on plus the first RBN releases
    Week 6: RB3 +DLC up to the release of Blitz, first RBN2.0 releases
    Week 7: RB4 +DLC up to the Rivals release
    Week 8: Rivals, +DLC up to then-present
  • Can't help but wonder if there would be less complaining if they'd released the last 3 weeks dlc as 2 new free tracks and 1 rewind per week even though it makes no difference at the end of the day.
  • HMXOwl said:

Wouldn't we be asking for money if we needed it? I assume you don't tell your boss, "Hey, I need to pay rent still this month, so feel free to keep my paycheck." ; )

Well, you (not you specifically, pretty much John Drake) did ask for money for Amplitude. And there's that whole Fig campaign ...
  • GameStopSuxxGameStopSuxx Unsigned
    Jesus H
  • I suppose I should stop being excited for Tuesdays :(
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Well I uh... am glad I've been too busy to actually play Rock Band the last couple weeks. Not gonna lie finally getting The Strokes again having it be a rewind hurts. "Reptilia" is one of the best songs from RB1 so I get it but we seriously need some more from them. I'm starting to think Is This It may have been recorded without proper stems or with some sort of issue because I can't fathom why we would go so long without a single track from one of the most important rock albums of the 2000s. DLC has just been weird lately.

In many ways I'll miss the good old days... Someday,

Someday.

2) RBN songs won't interfere with regular DLC plans. Though "regular DLC plans" don't seem so regular lately, so ... yeah, the situation IS a bit confusing. But I guess that's just unavoidable right now. A bit awkward for everyone.

Haha when RBN songs are finally being released there won't be any regular DLC to interfere with. :D
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Rewinds, RBN obscure songs, and RB VR leftovers.

That is my worst fear as it comes to future DLC.
  • djb5f1 said:

Rewinds, RBN obscure songs, and RB VR leftovers.

That would be my favourite outcome of season 6 especially if all 10 RBVR songs came during the season. Extra bonus points if there's lots of SIEE and SIEA entitlement fixes during it too.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal

Reptilia has been especially top of mind for me lately because a CanCon track making the Canadian alt-and-indie radio rounds ... has always sounded to me like a blatant lift of Reptilia. Don't tell their fans though. They get testy.

This week? Eh. Last season lowered my expectations enough that even if this is a disappointing week that only puts it slightly worse than the new par.

The band is made up of my cousin's friends, I've met them and they're really nice guys, and I'm genuinely a fan...but listen to "Cigarette Buzz" by Jane's Party and tell me what band that sounds like.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    TehRoach said:

When I saw "The Warning" my mind immediately went to the Queensryche album. I completely forgot that it was a band name.

Take Hold Of The Flame confirmed!

Seriously, though, make it happen.
    TheStuddz said:

but listen to "Cigarette Buzz" by Jane's Party and tell me what band that sounds like.

LOL. And now I know what would happen if The Strokes' "Last Night" and Janis Ian's "At Seventeen" had a baby.
  • Right now if you just look at songs, the Rivals expansion is $0.77 per song.
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    "Survive" is pretty decent. Plus it's free, so thanks Harmonix. Also, I have no idea what is going on this season. Hopefully it has a good payoff at the end.
    edited May 15
    This is Rivals-users track number... 39? 24 from the first three waves of baked-in rivals songs, then 4 singles matching RBVR songs, then two packs of 5 (KROQ and ReverbNation/Firefly), and now this?

Math checks out.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited May 15

You don't want our money? Because you're flush with cash? That's great, it means Harmonix is healthy. That's a good thing. Free songs + rewinds for people that don't have the exports: also a good thing.

Can't share more information, not at this point, maybe not until closer to the end of this Season? That happens a lot in business, I get it. I don't want to speculate further what the range of options is from here, because the range seems quite wide indeed. But I don't believe that the path is going to be, "Total Doom", at least not any time soon, because we were just told that:

1) RBN songs are being reissued (at some point, surely in 2018, maybe as soon as next week)
    2) RBN songs won't interfere with regular DLC plans. Though "regular DLC plans" don't seem so regular lately, so ... yeah, the situation IS a bit confusing. But I guess that's just unavoidable right now. A bit awkward for everyone.

like mike tyson said, everyone's got a plan til they get punched in the mouth or go bankrupt.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    I’m happy for as many rewinds as possible. Rock Band 1 and 2 have some of the best set lists and I am willingly to instantly purchase many of them.
  • I said this in last week's DLC discussion thread, but there are hundreds of songs I still want to purchase from pre-RB4 DLC. There's basically no such thing as a week without songs for me to purchase.

I purchased 50 songs last week and am now just 4 songs away from owning 1500 songs! Only 3 after the free song by The Warning this week!