Comments

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Nickleback DLC incoming?
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    I'd rather have steel panther :wink: we have more nickelback than anyone can handle lol
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    but does everyone like big butts?
  • patl175 said:

I'd rather have steel panther :wink: we have more nickelback than anyone can handle lol

Good luck finding a song that wouldn't be censored to the point that it's an instrumental with the odd word blurted out!
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Oooo it's their new Butt Band game they've been hyping up for years! I wonder if they're going to finally show off some gameplay at B3?
  • Vexus said:

patl175 said:

Good luck finding a song that wouldn't be censored to the point that it's an instrumental with the odd word blurted out!
    RS got Eyes of a Panther and GHL got Party Like Tomorrow is the End of the World.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited May 16
    tnevaker said:

but does everyone like big butts?

I may not be speaking for everyone, butt I like big butts. And I can only tell the truth. (jeez that last part seemed a little wordy for some reason :/ )
  • Vexus said:

patl175 said:

RS got Eyes of a Panther and GHL got Party Like Tomorrow is the End of the World.
    ...fair point
  • To be fair, I do think 'boob rock' sounds weirder.
  • Oh my god we’re gonna get Baby Got Back

Not that I’m complaining...

• braves22braves22 Opening Act
    Outside of vocals which will be real shoddy because of censoring, what is appealing about having this song in the game?
  • Oh my god we’re gonna get Baby Got Back

I thought it was butt ROCK Band!
  • braves22 said:

Outside of vocals which will be real shoddy because of censoring, what is appealing about having this song in the game?

Having skim-read the lyrics, I don't see that much that would get removed. There's a lot of euphemisms and double-entendres for a song whose most famous line is "I like big butts and I cannot lie". Maybe some of the Bechdel-passing spoken word intro?

As for why... gits and shiggles.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited May 16
    braves22 said:

If they chart the record-scratching to guitar, I at least would find that fun (I understand the Alt-Charting Hate Brigade(TM) is ever so present, but I like being able to play fun stuff if keys isn't available).

EDIT: Also I doubt there'd be much they'd have to censor, especially considering one can easily hear the song uncensored on classic pop stations (hell, even in "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip" they have Theodore sing the song's intro verse, up to and including the phrase "and you get SPRUNG!")
  • braves22 said:

If they chart the record-scratching to guitar, I at least would find that fun (I understand the Alt-Charting Hate Brigade(TM) is ever so present, but I like being able to play fun stuff if keys isn't available).
    I feel shades of the Bulls On Parade solo, except that actually is a guitar.

• Vexus said:

braves22 said:

I feel shades of the Bulls On Parade solo, except that actually is a guitar.

Saw Morello play that live. The man is hella talented.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star

Oh my god we’re gonna get Baby Got Back

Baby Got Back's a fun song... though we may also get Anaconda by Nicki Minaj to go with it since it samples the song.

I really really want Ylvis' "The Fox" to make it onto Rock Band some day!
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    Steel Panthers songs would have to be censored so bad that they’d be unenjoyable imo lol

But I really could see Baby Got Back, especially since we have Ice Ice Baby lol
  • ...did this thread end up so focused on Baby Got Back that we ended up transcending into USL? That's wild~
  • edited May 17
    Vexus said:

...did this thread end up so focused on Baby Got Back that we ended up transcending into USL? That's wild~

Achievement unlocked: Mention one song, derail the thread enough to get it moved to another subforum entirely.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

The solution to having that song and good instrumentation; also bringing back an old dlc and rbn artist!

I really miss the old days of folk covers of rap songs.

• (hell, even in "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip" they have Theodore sing the song's intro verse, up to and including the phrase "and you get SPRUNG!")

Off-topic, but there’s a FOURTH one???

Baby Got Back's a fun song... though we may also get Anaconda by Nicki Minaj to go with it since it samples the song.

I mean, we already have “Ice Ice Baby” which samples “Under Pressure”, so why not.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard

(hell, even in "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip" they have Theodore sing the song's intro verse, up to and including the phrase "and you get SPRUNG!")

Off-topic, but there’s a FOURTH one???
    What if I were to tell you it's the best in the series? I mean, it's kinda decent I guess, though still not the greatest film by a long shot. But it actually has it's moments, weirdly enough. Also doesn't help 2 and 3 are deeply disturbing in their own ways.
  • I'm a little surprised that the people who care about such things haven't said anything along the lines of "My anaconda don't want none unless you got stems hun!"