June 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: Man, It's a.....Lukewarm One

More RBN/Rewind picks.

With (perhaps FINALLY) the leaked VR songs at the end of the season (so the last week or two of this month).

Comments

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    yikes, if those leftover VR songs are going to take the spots of some weeks,this month goes from lukewarm to much worse.
  • Given week 3 was RBN 1.0 and week 4 is a mixture of RBN 1.0 and RBN 2.0 (If It Means a Lot to You was a RBN 2.0 song released as DLC in 2011), here's my predictions for June:

6/7 - RBN 2.0 (challenge being 2011)
    Mastodon - "Megalodon"
    Arch Enemy - "Nemesis"

6/14 - More RBN 2.0 (challenge being 2012-2013)
    John Parr - "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)"
    Jerry Lee Lewis - "Great Balls of Fire" (keys chart moved to guitar like what happened for Imagine)

6/21 - RBVR (challenge being 2015-2016)
    Pearl Jam - "Alive" (rewind)
    Twin Atlantic - "I Am Alive"

6/28 - RBVR (challenge being 2017-2018)
    Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells"
    The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"
    Maroon 5 - "Maps"
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

Given week 3 was RBN 1.0 and week 4 is a mixture of RBN 1.0 and RBN 2.0 (If It Means a Lot to You was a RBN 2.0 song released as DLC in 2011), here's my predictions for June:

Mastodon - "Megalodon"
    Arch Enemy - "Nemesis"

Jerry Lee Lewis - "Great Balls of Fire" (keys chart moved to guitar like what happened for Imagine)

Maroon 5 - "Maps"

If that is it, wake me up when July comes!
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    So I'll make my prediction based on the last 2 weeks

June 7th
    Five Finger Death Punch - Hard to See
    Finger Eleven - Paralyzer

June 14th
    Seether - Remedy
    Seether - Fake It

June 21st
    Attack Attack! - Stick Stickly (highly doubt that one)
    Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life

June 28th
    Asking Alexandria - The Final Episode
    Asking Alexandria - A Prophecy (these 2 too i highly doubt they are coming back but i really hope they do cuz it's one of my favorite bands)

And i'll just say a few more in case some of them don't come back

Eiffel 65 - Blue (da ba dee)
    Third Eye Blind - Never Let You Go
    Demon Hunter - Collapsing
    Stan Bush - The Touch

An all rbn "rewinds"month, that would be an awesome one as i want these all back
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I PREDICT:
    RBN tracks for the rest of the season, 2 per week.

No more RBVR songs ever, not even the leaked ones. [my reasoning: a leak isn't a promise, and the original statement from over a year ago, "we hope to bring them all over" wasn't a promise either]

2 more big (="not lesser-known songs that we get for free") songs per week for the rest of 2018, on average (maybe a few somewhat bigger weeks, maybe a few weeks with zero songs that they charge money for).

>50% chance we get more free song packs and / or 1-3 packs of RBN songs at a discount, over the rest of 2018

<50% chance that we get regular DLC in 2019
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited May 29
    Yeah, so far we've been getting tracks from the "harder" side of the RBN (okay, not like death metal or anything, but comparatively speaking, "Bodies" is harder than "Blue (Da Ba Dee)"). And I get that, for a lot of people, the harder stuff was what made RBN so great. But I can't wait 'til we get our first tastes of the indie, like The Shins and Band of Horses.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited May 29

Given week 3 was RBN 1.0 and week 4 is a mixture of RBN 1.0 and RBN 2.0 (If It Means a Lot to You was a RBN 2.0 song released as DLC in 2011), here's my predictions for June:

Mastodon - "Megalodon"
    Arch Enemy - "Nemesis"

Maroon 5 - "Maps"

Just like last time (when they released RBN songs during the 2009 challenge), they aren't necessarily going in a particular order with these songs. I suspect we'll continue to get a mix of RBN 1.0 and 2.0, not just two weeks of 2.0.

The dlc does not NEED to fit that week's theme, and being there is no pass that is now true for all songs in a week instead of 1 exception from the pass.

I am curious being that we got Broken and now Going Under, will we get a Seether pack of RBN songs, or are we destined for only one or two of them (which would be a big shame imo).

I have to think that we'll get at least one Seether song this month (as well as some 3EB).
    edited May 29
    My prediction in no particular order:

Seether pack week

2 3EB song week (Semi-charmed and Never Let You Go)

2 big RBN songs week (perhaps songs like Blue, Great Balls of Fire, Paralyzer, St. Elmo's, The Touch, etc.)

1 RB2/3 rewind with another big RBN song week

Being they already touched on some rbn "metal", I don't see them going back to metal again this month.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

Being they already touched on some rbn "metal", I don't see them going back to metal again this month.

I could see them going to a cult-loved prog metal entry. Ship With No Sails or Dawn of a Million Souls. It's a pretty substantially different target demographic from the likes of Bodies and Going Under.

I could see them going to a cult-loved prog metal entry. Ship With No Sails or Dawn of a Million Souls. It's a pretty substantially different target demographic from the likes of Bodies and Going Under.
    I think they are sticking near the top of the list with these releases (with timeframe released taken into account; for instance St Elmo's and Great Balls are both out of the top 100, but both were released as dlc was winding down and sales dwindled; despite that they both made top 150/200).

You may get some lower stuff down the line, but I think they'll stick with what they know will sell for now.

That said I don't know where the songs you mentioned rank. So maybe we'll see them, maybe not.
    Won't let me edit.

Looking them up, Ship ranks at 744 and Dawn at 411. I'm not really expecting anything outside of the top 200 (really more likely top 100 with a few exceptions for later released songs) for a while.

I only have the faintest hope for Goth Girls (186), mostly because Hmx worked with MC Frontalot before.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    I'm all for metal and prog metal from RBN.
    I need Gemini too.

My RBN Wants (no particular order):
    Blue- Eiffel 65
    The Complexity of Light- Children of Nova
    Semi-Charmed Life- Third Eye Blind
    Never Let You Go- Third Eye Blind
    St Elmo's Fire- John Parr
    The Touch- Stan Bush
    Gemini- Brian Kanaheck
    Curse of the Werewolf- Timeless Miracle (unlikely but still want it)
    Drunken Lullabies (live or studio) - Flogging Molly
    All the Steve Vai songs (seems unlikely as well?)
    All The Jonathon Coulton (might be likely? I mean he can't cost that much and could be priced at 99 cents I'm sure)
    Both Five Finger Death Punch Songs
    The Rest of the Bang Camaro songs (really want "Bang Camaro" in particular. Love the guitar work)
    Seether- Rise Above This (I'd buy all their songs but this is my biggest want)
    [&] Delinquents- Woe Is Me (unlikely I'm sure)
    Caraphernelia- Pierce The Veil (likely? We have two dlc songs by them as of right now)
    All the Alien Ant Farm songs (unlikely because of the delisted smooth criminal?)
    All The Between The Buried and Me Songs (big want)

okay i'll stop there before this list turns into an entire forum page LOL
  • According to that RBN thread, Sticks & Bricks is the only ADTR RBN song not in the top 100 according to the RBN thread (it's in the top 150 and released in September 2012) so that's rather promising for more ADTR if that thread is accurate.

• 6/7 - RBN 2.0 (challenge being 2011)
    Mastodon - "Megalodon"
    Arch Enemy - "Nemesis"

Beautiful week!
  • Given week 3 was RBN 1.0 and week 4 is a mixture of RBN 1.0 and RBN 2.0 (If It Means a Lot to You was a RBN 2.0 song released as DLC in 2011), here's my predictions for June:

Mastodon - "Megalodon"
    Arch Enemy - "Nemesis"

Maroon 5 - "Maps"

Just like last time (when they released RBN songs during the 2009 challenge), they aren't necessarily going in a particular order with these songs. I suspect we'll continue to get a mix of RBN 1.0 and 2.0, not just two weeks of 2.0.

The dlc does not NEED to fit that week's theme, and being there is no pass that is now true for all songs in a week instead of 1 exception from the pass.

I am curious being that we got Broken and now Going Under, will we get a Seether pack of RBN songs, or are we destined for only one or two of them (which would be a big shame imo).

I have to think that we'll get at least one Seether song this month (as well as some 3EB).
    While it doesn't have to fit the current challenge, every paid DLC song this season so far has either fitted the current challenge or the following challenge. Adding a free song and delving into RBN a week early would go down better than 3 consecutive rewind only weeks.

So my predictions were a mixture of some songs that would be eligible in the current challenge (6/7, 6/14 and 6/28) and some songs that would be eligible in the following challenge (6/21). RBN songs are also not limited to season 6 so we'll get more after June.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    Four weeks of nothing but Parry Gripp, which leads to me giving up Rock Band forever because I like my novelty songs to actually have at least one percent wit.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    LeCH24 said:

Four weeks of nothing but Parry Gripp, which leads to me giving up Rock Band forever because I like my novelty songs to actually have at least one percent wit.

Note: "Last Train To Awesometown" contains two percent wit, a record high.
  • edited May 30
    6/7:
    -Paralyser - Finger Eleven
    -Bohemian Like You- The Dandy Wharhols

6/14:
    -The Funeral- Band of Horses
    -I Know What I Am- Band of Skulls

6/21:
    -Australia- The Shins
    -Buisness Time- Flight of The Conchords

6/28:
    -Maps- Maroon 5
    -Church Bells- Carrie Underwood
    -Grand Canyon- The Wind and the Wave
    edited May 30
    Wildcat15 said:

Mastodon - "Megalodon"
    Arch Enemy - "Nemesis"

Beautiful week!
    Ah i forgot about Nemesis. Add that to the definite want list.
    LeCH24 said:

I love The Girl at the Video Game Store (even though I don't actually love her because I told her I'm not into her.. I'm into her boyfriend LOL)
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    If we end up with the '09 versions of the remaining 3EB tracks instead of the original like Jumper imma be upset. Like everyone else I predict we'll get RBVR tracks sometime this season for a RBVR week, but otherwise I guess I'm setting my expectations for more RBN songs and Rewinds, mostly.
    GLaDOS said:

If we end up with the '09 versions of the remaining 3EB tracks instead of the original like Jumper imma be upset. Like everyone else I predict we'll get RBVR tracks sometime this season for a RBVR week, but otherwise I guess I'm setting my expectations for more RBN songs and Rewinds, mostly.

I severely doubt we get the '09 versions. They'll just use stemless studio versions if they aren't available.
  • The '09 version of Never Let You Go was good though
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    KKFan5 said:

The '09 version of Never Let You Go was good though

Good, sure. But was it as good as the original? Not even close in my books.
  • They got the original of Jumper in 2016, going for the 2009 re-records over the originals for the other 2 seem like a waste now that RBN is treated as new DLC rather than legacy entitlements.
  • edited May 31
    I'm not sure what to make of the RBN songs that have come out so far. I mean sure, I bought three of them so I'm not saying any of this as a criticism but it feels a bit like Harmonix have been picking songs that are kinda heavy but still accessible to the pop fans. All four songs were more than capable of being straight-up DLC back in the day (we even got two Evanescence packs including two other songs from Fallen, and another ADtR song as DLC) but are by and large heavier than most of what's been added this year. Again, this isn't me complaining since Bodies and Going Under were on my RBN wishlist and If It Means a Lot to You has grown on me to the point I got that too.

So, what does this actually mean? Well, we know that season 6 is an experimental season. If you start to get into the nitty-gritty of the four RBN songs so far, there's actually a bit of variety. Bodies is (despite the reclassification) fairly straight-up nu-metal, Going Under is (arguably) also nu-metal but with more of a gothic and symphonic vibe, If It Means a Lot to You is kind of a pseudo-acoustic ballad and Higher is post-grunge. Not a huge amount of deviation for the casual listener/player, but enough that some of them will be more inclined towards some songs rather than others.

The most interesting release so far has got to be If It Means a Lot to You, simply because it is far below the other three in the all-time top seller list - Bodies was #1, Higher #2, Going Under #7 and If It Means a Lot to You #51. This is particularly intriguing to me since I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of? was #3. My best guess is that they picked If It Means a Lot to You in order to give a bit of variety, or to test the waters to see how well a slightly lesser-selling song by a still relatively big band would do (Bodies being the opposite - an effective one-hit wonder both in RB terms and real-world terms).

I don't see there being much deviation from the genres used - it'll mostly be rock from here on out, occasionally dipping into other genres and subgenres. Bodies and Going Under pretty much cover nu-metal, so I can imagine them picking other genres such as alternative, metal and punk to try out. With that in mind the eight songs for June I can see being along the lines of:

7th June: 2011 songs
    - "If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn" - Sleeping with Sirens (Emo)
    - "Abigail" - Motionless in White (Metal)

14th June: 2012/13 songs
    - "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion) - John Parr (Classic rock)
    - "Dear Insanity" - Asking Alexandria (Metal)

21st June: 2015/16 songs
    - "Anything Goes" - Cole Porter (Not really, but unless they start adding songs that won't be in any challenge for this season I think that's your lot for RBN tracks for this season.)

28th June: 2017/18 songs
    - "I Have Nothing" - Eucereon (a song I haven't even written yet. Seriously though, I've got nothing in terms of predictions for the last two weeks apart from how I reckon the years are going to be divided up for the rest of the season)