June 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: Man, It's a.....Lukewarm One

Comments

• Vexus said:

The most interesting release so far has got to be If It Means a Lot to You, simply because it is far below the other three in the all-time top seller list - Bodies was #1, Higher #2, Going Under #7 and If It Means a Lot to You #51. This is particularly intriguing to me since I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of? was #3. My best guess is that they picked If It Means a Lot to You in order to give a bit of variety, or to test the waters to see how well a slightly lesser-selling song by a still relatively big band would do (Bodies being the opposite - an effective one-hit wonder both in RB terms and real-world terms).

It might've been less popular on RBN, but it is the most popular song the band has on Spotify, at 84 million plays. I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of? has 29 million in comparison.

• sny said:

Vexus said:

The most interesting release so far has got to be If It Means a Lot to You, simply because it is far below the other three in the all-time top seller list - Bodies was #1, Higher #2, Going Under #7 and If It Means a Lot to You #51. This is particularly intriguing to me since I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of? was #3. My best guess is that they picked If It Means a Lot to You in order to give a bit of variety, or to test the waters to see how well a slightly lesser-selling song by a still relatively big band would do (Bodies being the opposite - an effective one-hit wonder both in RB terms and real-world terms).

It might've been less popular on RBN, but it is the most popular song the band has on Spotify, at 84 million plays. I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of? has 29 million in comparison.

Makes total sense then. I'm Made Of Wax was released earlier which might have helped with the sales as well.
  • TheStuddz said:

June 28th
    Celebrating Canada Day

Bryan Adams - "Summer of '69"
    Finger Eleven - "Paralyzer"
    The Tragically Hip - "Blow at High Dough"

Keeps with the whole "rewinds and RBN" theme of the season, lines up with our biggest national holiday, and features some of our biggest acts (and Finger Eleven).

Fun fact: I'll be attending a Bryan Adams concert on Canada Day this year.

This would be a terrific week!
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

You live in Canada's capital, but you're going to ****ing TIMMINS for Canada Day?! :pensive:

Can't jusst wait the four days for his show in Ottawa July 5?
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited June 1

TheStuddz said:

You live in Canada's capital, but you're going to ****ing TIMMINS for Canada Day?! :pensive:

Can't jusst wait the four days for his show in Ottawa July 5?
    @thatmarkguy I don't live in Canada's capital, I just went to school there. Timmins is just a short drive away from where I live...well, an hour and a half, but that's close for us. I make the drive every week or two since we no longer have a movie theatre, haha. I could only get three days off work, so I'm driving down Tuesday morning, seeing Foo Fighters and Dave Matthews Band, and driving home Thursday. If I could fit Bryan Adams into my Bluesfest plans, I would.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Ooooh. I thought you were a lifer here. My bad.
  • A bit off topic but GHTV is shutting down on December 1st so all that streamed content is going to disappear. Look through the content list on Wikipedia and request anything you want in RB if you haven't already done that.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned

A bit off topic but GHTV is shutting down on December 1st so all that streamed content is going to disappear. Look through the content list on Wikipedia and request anything you want in RB if you haven't already done that.

They got some really good songs that have grown on me from that service.

Crazy to think GH forcing RB’s hand to put out RB4 early would’ve backfired so spectacularly for Activision. Whodathunkit? Everyone, that’s who.
  • A bit off topic but GHTV is shutting down on December 1st so all that streamed content is going to disappear. Look through the content list on Wikipedia and request anything you want in RB if you haven't already done that.

They got some really good songs that have grown on me from that service.

Crazy to think GH forcing RB’s hand to put out RB4 early would’ve backfired so spectacularly for Activision. Whodathunkit? Everyone, that’s who.
    Given the state Madcatz was in at the time, I think GHL not existing wouldn't have changed the release date or if it did that Madcatz's position would've led to RB4 entering development hell.
    So RB4 + Rivals would’ve been potentially RB4 proper but delayed a year or more?

Makes sense
  • Who knows, at least RB4 is still alive.

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited June 5

So RB4 + Rivals would’ve been potentially RB4 proper but delayed a year or more?

Makes sense

I don't think that's the case. Mad Catz was already on its last legs (as Grumble already said), and I'm pretty sure Harmonix also needed something to make up for Microsoft's throwing Kinect (and by extension, Dance Central and Fantasia) under the bus. RB4 was a return to their biggest franchise/revenue stream, and the sooner it was out for both parties involved, the better. There was no way it was ever not going to release Holiday 2015.
    Okay.

At least it did have some things not entirely dependent on live services at launch.
  • Vexus said:

Asking Alexandria

I mean it was the wrong song and wrong week but--
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 5
    My prediction was wrong but the concept behind the prediction was right, we did end up with 2 songs that were released as DLC in 2011. While A Prophecy was released in 2010, a RB3 version was released in 2011 which added keys, harmonies (if there were any) and fixed pro drums so I'm pretty sure the RB3 version will be the one released for RB4.
  • My prediction was wrong but the concept behind the prediction was right, we did end up with 2 songs that were released as DLC in 2011. While A Prophecy was released in 2010, a RB3 version was released in 2011 which added keys, harmonies (if there were any) and fixed pro drums so I'm pretty sure the RB3 version will be the one released for RB4.

The video shows two vocals playing, so there are harmonies - at least in the sense that there are at least two vocal lines charted.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Vexus said:

My prediction was wrong but the concept behind the prediction was right, we did end up with 2 songs that were released as DLC in 2011. While A Prophecy was released in 2010, a RB3 version was released in 2011 which added keys, harmonies (if there were any) and fixed pro drums so I'm pretty sure the RB3 version will be the one released for RB4.

The video shows two vocals playing, so there are harmonies - at least in the sense that there are at least two vocal lines charted.
    I would call that harmonies, yes. Even with the clean singing there's another vocal line as well, and that is a type of harmonizing.
  • Vexus said:

I would call that harmonies, yes. Even with the clean singing there's another vocal line as well, and that is a type of harmonizing.
    Having gone back and rewatched, you're right. Must have forgotten when I wrote that.
  • So yeah, from this we know they're using the RB3 version which means this week we got 2 2011 DLC releases. It continues to give me hope that weeks 7 and 8 are RBVR.
  • I would have thought it would have been obvious. If there's an RB3 version that already has harmonies and pro-drums, they'd be a bit foolish to use the RB2 version and have to add pro-drums and hope the RB Harmonies Project had charted A Prophecy!
  • Vexus said:

I would have thought it would have been obvious. If there's an RB3 version that already has harmonies and pro-drums, they'd be a bit foolish to use the RB2 version and have to add pro-drums and hope the RB Harmonies Project had charted A Prophecy!

It's more that I wasn't sure whether the song actually had harmonies (haven't played RB3 in awhile), the video confirms that there is harmonies.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    patl175 said:

So I'll make my prediction based on the last 2 weeks

June 7th
    Five Finger Death Punch - Hard to See
    Finger Eleven - Paralyzer

June 14th
    Seether - Remedy
    Seether - Fake It

June 21st
    Attack Attack! - Stick Stickly (highly doubt that one)
    Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life

June 28th
    Asking Alexandria - The Final Episode
    Asking Alexandria - A Prophecy (these 2 too i highly doubt they are coming back but i really hope they do cuz it's one of my favorite bands)

And i'll just say a few more in case some of them don't come back

Eiffel 65 - Blue (da ba dee)
    Third Eye Blind - Never Let You Go
    Demon Hunter - Collapsing
    Stan Bush - The Touch

An all rbn "rewinds"month, that would be an awesome one as i want these all back

Well i got the 2 artists of this week and 1 is the right song in my prediction (just not the right week) i hope we'll get more of it :smiley:
  • If you're wondering about the RBN thread, here's the 2012 and 2013 RBN songs in the top 200 according to that:
    81. A Day to Remember - "The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle"
    102. Psychostick - "BEER!!"
    121. An Endless Sporadic - "Impulse"
    133. John Parr - "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)"
    136. A Day to Remember - "Sticks & Bricks"
    144. Asking Alexandria - "Dear Insanity"
    157. Jerry Lee Lewis - "Great Balls of Fire"
    166. Asking Alexandria - "Reckless & Relentless"
    169. Weebl's Stuff - "Amazing Horse"
    172. Toby Turner - "I Can Swing My Sword (ft. Terabrite)"
    180. Asking Alexandria - "To the Stage"
    189. Eurobeat Brony - "Discord (The Living Tombstone Remix)"
    razor63 said:

If you're wondering about the RBN thread, here's the 2012 and 2013 RBN songs in the top 200 according to that:

Here's to hoping it's "St. Elmo's Fire" and "Great Balls of Fire" then.
    Not only are they my two favourite songs there, but they can use fire-themed art for the announcement!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 6
    Variety is the main reason I predicted those 2, even with the focus of 80s classic rock in season 2 or 90s alternative in season 5 there was still variety in those seasons.

Then if the final 2 weeks were RBVR songs, the 3 weeks combined would make the season even more varied.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I really hope we get "Amazing Horse" and other songs that originally sold for .99 in some sort of Super Pack. 30 songs for $20? $15? 10 more songs for free to all Rivals owners?

There aren't many (any?) of those songs that I'd pay $1.99 for just to be able to play them in RB4 too.
    razor63 said:

If you're wondering about the RBN thread, here's the 2012 and 2013 RBN songs in the top 200 according to that:

Here's to hoping it's "St. Elmo's Fire" and "Great Balls of Fire" then.
    Not only are they my two favourite songs there, but they can use fire-themed art for the announcement!

I really hope we get "Amazing Horse" and other songs that originally sold for .99 in some sort of Super Pack. 30 songs for $20? $15? 10 more songs for free to all Rivals owners?

There aren't many (any?) of those songs that I'd pay $1.99 for just to be able to play them in RB4 too.

I'd gladly pay $15-20 for 30 more "smaller" RBN songs. There's still more from HMX bands like Honest Bob and Bang Camaro that I'd love to get, and other more obscure stuff that wouldn't be released in anything but a "super pack". But that said, like you, I wouldn't pay $2 for most of it.
This discussion has been closed.