June 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: Man, It's a.....Lukewarm One

Comments

• WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    Makes sense, two popular songs that people would buy.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    We need all the An Endless Sporadic songs asap.
    They could release them as an extra song each week :p
  • We need "Discord" and "I Can Swing My Sword" together in a "We Can't Legally Say the Names of the Properties These Are Based Off Of" week.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    Guys... What do you think are the chances for one of Psychosticks rbn songs to appear as dlc? I love them, but they do have some controversial lyrics that may make hmx not want them.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    IMO i think it depends if it sold well, i don't think lyrics are stoping hmx to get a song if they chose to get it, they'd just cut some parts, we have had some songs we never thought we'd get because of the lyrics
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    Considering how strict RBN/Creators was with lyrics (having to censor "Windows Vista" and "boob" for example) I think they would already be clean enough to appear as official DLC.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

A bit off topic but GHTV is shutting down on December 1st so all that streamed content is going to disappear. Look through the content list on Wikipedia and request anything you want in RB if you haven't already done that.

I'm surprised GHTV wasn't shut down six months ago. I remember when Guitar Hero Live was announced, people were worried it would overshadow RB4. I'm still convinced Activision paid for all those positive reviews. The fact Polygon gave a game riddled with microtransactions, where you play along to music videos (what is this, Karaoke Revolution?!) a NINE out of ten, while giving RB4 a 7.5 is insane.

GHTV didn't even have that great of a selection of music, and there's really not much I'd be dying to have in RB4. The only things that pop out to me personally are the songs from Sum 41, My Chemical Romance, and Motley Crue; and even then, that's just three songs.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    I predict Veil Of Illumination, all as one track, and I will continue to predict it until it comes out.
  • While I still hope week 8 is RBVR (my main prediction is still Maps, Church Bells and Grand Canyon), here's a separate RBN prediction:
    Five Finger Death Punch - "Hard to See"
    Attack Attack! - "Stick Stickly"
  • While I still hope week 8 is RBVR (my main prediction is still Maps, Church Bells and Grand Canyon), here's a separate RBN prediction:
    Five Finger Death Punch - "Hard to See"
    Attack Attack! - "Stick Stickly"

Im waiting for those vr songs too, including Birds by Coldplay.
  • Considering how strict RBN/Creators was with lyrics (having to censor "Windows Vista" and "boob" for example) I think they would already be clean enough to appear as official DLC.

Which songs were these words censored on? Now I’m curious.

• Considering how strict RBN/Creators was with lyrics (having to censor "Windows Vista" and "boob" for example) I think they would already be clean enough to appear as official DLC.

Which songs were these words censored on? Now I’m curious.

"Windows Vista" wasn't in a song, it was in a sandwich.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    tdc002 said:

I remember when Guitar Hero Live was announced, people were worried it would overshadow RB4. I'm still convinced Activision paid for all those positive reviews.

This is an odd point to make, in that it ignores HMX gave away a bunch of RB4 bundles for the Road Crew (which would skew their reviews because everyone loves free stuff) and was discovered to have had employees leave positive reviews on Amazon without disclosing they were employees.

Not saying Activision didn't pay for reviews, because clearly I wouldn't know that...but if we're remarking on potentially poor business practices to compare products we have to provide all the info, man.
  • yoann007yoann007 Unsigned
    edited June 21
    As the first worldwide video game publisher, Activision obviously has a firepower that self-owned indie Harmonix hasn't. You don't have to "buy" reviews (that's not really a thing, sorry to say), if your marketing campaign is strong enough and if you disguise yourself as the "innovative" way to go (with the 3x2 buttons guitar and GHTV). The truth is that most people will simply believe what they're told. And what they were told was, to put it simply: "GHL is the next big thing, RB4 is a small thing of the past that will be left in the dust quickly".

Of course, we all know here that GHL and new guitars were all a cheap attempt at forcing you to buy new hardware, while making the old charts obsolete, to dodge the backward DLC compatibility matter entirely. But most people, who are not-so interested in musical games, just weren't aware of that.

Also, I don't know what's the status of Rock Band in the US, but here in Europe, RB4 was very hard to find in stores to begin with. But Guitar Hero Live was EVERY-WHERE, complete with TV ads, billboards... so you have to consider the international too.
  • @yoann007 The entitlements situation didn't help either, one of HMX's big messages for RB4 was about the big increasing library where you could play your last gen content with your last gen instruments on current gen.

Even the back of the boxart had this:
    RB4 said:

The Most Music, the Most Choice
    Build your library with over 1500 additional tunes available from the ever-growing in-game Music Store. Internet connection required to download songs.

But when it came to launch, entitlements were a giant mess (including the case of buying content on current gen). You even had sites like Eurogamer have articles on the SIEE issue where not even the new DLC was coming at the right time.

That mess is nearly over for everyone but I imagine the issue taking so long to resolve would've been damaging to some extent.
  • Witticus said:

#musicsharkmonday

After these songs cheated death, the reaper shark aims to find them. Never cheat a man who gets paid on commissions!

RIP Vinnie Paul
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Witticus said:

#musicsharkmonday

After these songs cheated death, the reaper shark aims to find them. Never cheat a man who gets paid on commissions!

RIP Vinnie Paul
    Believe it or not, I drew this last week.
  • Witticus said:

Witticus said:

#musicsharkmonday

RIP Vinnie Paul
    Believe it or not, I drew this last week.
    Creepy :/
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Ok i'll make 2 predictions for this week, one i would want and one maybe more realistic

Rbvr songs :
    Carrie Underwood - Church Bells
    The Wind and the Waves - Grand Canyon
    Maroon 5 - Maps

With the challenge being songs and artists that are in rbvr (challenge repeat from a few seasons back)

Or more rbn (what i'd want)
    Five Finger Death Punch - Hard To See
    All That Remains - Hold On

But with the same challenge as it seems to be the only challenge possible if you follow the history of rb as a theme since it's the last game that came out
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited June 26
    I think whatever the DLC is the challenge will be everything eligible. HMX has given crews with not much DLC some good opportunities to promote this season (challenge 1 had everything eligible, challenge 2 had 2 free spotlights, challenge 7 had 2 free spotlights and over 100 eligible free songs) so finishing with everything eligible would give more data about Rivals activity.
  • WoodenGloryWoodenGlory Unsigned
    edited June 26

I think way too much about RBVR DLC , but the challenge will be everything eligible.

finishing with everything eligible would give more data about Rivals activity, eh? how about coming up with some more unique challenge themes that we haven't seen before?
This discussion has been closed.