Random Music Recommendations Thread

NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
edited June 2 in History of Rock
Since the other threads that are active on this forum are dedicated to recent music, I thought I would open a thread for general recommendations of cool songs and albums one might have found out about that one would want to share.

Gonna start with an album I randomly picked up in 2015 after a concert in Oslo when checking out their local record stores, Unearth's "Watchers of Rule":

Picked it up excepting some light catchy Metalcore along the lines of the song on RBN "We're Not Anonymous" but to my pleasant surprise found out they had gone much heavier, infusing a lot of Groove Metal elements into their sound, and it's a really good album that I sometimes just feel like listening all the way through from time to time.

Comments

• I'll share a pair of things I have:

Have you ever wondered how would it sound to mix Bolt Thrower's Reign of Chaos and Carcass' Reek of Putrefaction? Then you need to check THE MEN'S TOILET. Laugh at the name but it's actually quite solid, also free to download.

Now there's this album I found looking for something similar to Kentucky by Panopticon. Blood and Banjos which is bluegrass/folk + metalcore. Free download too.
    "...that is quite a length of rope for a friendly discussion!"