E3 2018 Discussion Thread

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    Smash done and won E3 again.
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    today Namco announced the release date for soul calibur 6. October 19th 2018. unfortunately that's the same day as my wedding anniversary so I guess ill be playing it on the 20th lol
  • Overcooked 2 and Hitman 2 top my wish list.
  • So what is everyone's top five of the event? Mine is
    1. Battlefield 5
    2. Wolfenstein Young Blood
    3. Doom Eternal
    4. Gears of War 5
    5. Skyrim on my refrigerator Rage 2

Bonus (because it's not new): Wolf Metal Chaos.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 13
    1. Battlefield 5
    2. Fallout 76
    3. Wolfenstein Young Blood
    4. Dying Light 2
    5. The Last Of Us 2 or AC Odyssey (Both look epic but hard to choose between the two)

If it was top 6 :P :
    6. Kingdom Hearts 3
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    1. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    2. Wolfenstein Young Blood
    3. Trials Rising
    4. AC Odyssey
    5. Battlefield 5

Honorable mentions to KH3, Elder Scrolls 6, Last of Us 2, Control, RE2 remake, Tunic, and hoping the new Tomb Raider and Life is Strange spinoff turns out better than the trailers would imply
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Metal Wolf Chaos XD, TES6. Everything else is gravy.
    I'm interested in seeing how BF5 handles the Norwegian setting. I don't know of any other game (at least mainstream anyways) that mentions Norway in WWII, but it'll be interesting to see how they portray how it was occupied by the Nazis, and the efforts made to free Norway from them. I also wonder if there will be any missions or scenes taking place in the town I'm in (it had to be rebuilt after it got bombed, for example).
  • Norway in BF5 is going to be the battle of Narvik. They also have Rotterdam and North Africa confirmed.
    Wildcat15 said:

Norway in BF5 is going to be the battle of Narvik. They also have Rotterdam and North Africa confirmed.

I guess that is kinda close to where I am (a few hours drive, though at least it isn't the other side of the country or anything). Also cool to see other varied locations confirmed.
    there are only 2 for me

shadow of the tomb raider
    soul calibur 6

the rest of it was very meh
  • edited June 14
    Devil May Cry 5 is official and new Dante looks like a hobo.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    The only thing I was hoping for out of E3 was more info and footage on Spelunky 2. It did not deliver.

Elder Scrolls 6 is of course on my radar. But that's some far-off radar. I would have hoped when they announced it it would have at least come with a subtitle or a location. All that announcement really told me is that... something I knew was happening but far off is in fact happening but likely even farther off than I thought? The only real information is that there is no actual information? Yay.
  • bclewisbclewis Road Warrior
    I'll definitely be watching for Cyberpunk 2077 now.
    there is one thing I will say that I thought I would see. about a year ago Microsoft was hinting at a change to their achievement system and calling it xbox career. was hoping to see some info on this at e3, but I guess it wasn't ready in time.
  • bclewis said:

I'll definitely be watching for Cyberpunk 2077 now.

Looks very cool! I had no interest before this last trailer. But stoked now!
  • Most of my top 5 are DLC for 2017 Switch games. Was hoping for a more busy lineup for Switch between Octopath Traveler and Smash but maybe even Nintendo is avoiding Red Dead Redemption 2 despite it not being on Switch.