DLC Discussion Thread: Yacht Rock Pack 01!

Comments

• Is this real life?
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    @Lawdog1521 where are you when a damn Yacht Rock pack comes out!?
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    I will most likely be sailing the seas of smoothitude.

Would be nice to have a preview video though just to make sure there aren't any nope charts.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    Very nice to see a pack again.
    With that said these are sort of "decent" for me.
    Will grab the pack though to support the bringing back of packs.
  • After listening to the 3 songs, I recognized Baby Come Back but not the other 2. All 3 are rather good though.

@Graffin is probably relieved due to this week being more vocals focused than most of the RBN weeks.
  • After listening to the 3 songs, I recognized Baby Come Back but not the other 2. All 3 are rather good though.

@Graffin is probably relieved due to this week being more vocals focused than most of the RBN weeks.

Depends if the tracks have any talkies or not.

Seriously though, a various artists pack? In 2018?! Reminiscing looks like it'll be a pretty fun and varied guitar part, though the "multiple solos" descriptor does have me a bit worried about the possibility for a lot of alt-charting... Brandy is probably one of the last songs from Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 that I'd wanted, but I don't think there's a single song I wouldn't want on there (at least if we had the RB3 five-instrument set-up) so I'm not going to complain about it! Baby Come Back has a nice bassline that will be fun to play through.
  • WingsOfSteelWingsOfSteel Headliner

LoopyChew said:

Never heard about any of these so hoping for a preview video soon

You didn't watch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2?
    I am not really into superhero movies that doesn't involve visual POW! sound effects, a woman literally acting like a cat because of an ancient prophecy or Tobey Maguire dancing
    It does have motion captured Vin Diesel dancing.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    edited July 2
    I've missed packs and this is quite an awesome one to come back with. This'll be the first DLC I buy since the "Bodies"/"Higher" week. Great songs to add to the library.

EDIT: Wish I could see a chart preview! But if we're getting them early anyway it's not too big a deal
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star

LoopyChew said:

I am not really into superhero movies that doesn't involve visual POW! sound effects, a woman literally acting like a cat because of an ancient prophecy or Tobey Maguire dancing
    Vin Diesel is already kind of a meme beforehand though, also motion capture just isn't the same IMO

Oh yeah, super hero movies were Shaq O'Neil becomes Iron Man are also my jam
  • LoopyChew said:

Vin Diesel is already kind of a meme beforehand though, also motion capture just isn't the same IMO

Oh yeah, super hero movies were Shaq O'Neil becomes Iron Man are also my jam
    it's fine, I'm pretty sure mocap Vin Diesel dancing was only for a few seconds at the end of the first one anyway.
  • RaccoonaticRaccoonatic Unsigned
    edited July 2

LoopyChew said:

James Gunn did the dancing for Groot for that opening sequence of v2, I believe.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    I can't say I heard of any of those songs by name but all 3 songs for me had a "oh, that song" moment. My dad would like all 3 of these as it'd remind him of pirate radio days. Going to buy depending on the separation of the audio.

Can I just say, thank you to Harmonix to bring out a 3 pack out of the blue, and 70s tracks too. Can't wait to see next week's dlc, but I hope it's 80s :)
  • Got notice at my job today -- that's bad :(
    Yacht Rock pack tho? -- that's good! :)

As a matter of fact, I just requested Baby Come Back about a month ago...fast work HMX! :p

(I'm getting this pack, if it wasn't clear :) )
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

And yes HMX, I actually own one and will proudly wear it when I play these songs. Don't judge me.

I'm not HMX, but I'll judge you for doing that: with a a grade of AWESOME!

• V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    KidSleez said:

As a matter of fact, I just requested Baby Come Back about a month ago...fast work HMX! :p

I requested a song called Baby Come Back a couple of months go, same title, different song entirely!
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    This pack is like an epic burrito, with a side of guacamole, extra awesome sauce, stuffed inside a sea captain's hat.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    The thing that’d make this pack better is if I had my own captain.. but baby didn’t come back.
  • V8VANTAGE said:

KidSleez said:

I requested a song called Baby Come Back a couple of months go, same title, different song entirely!

That? If so, not the UB40 song I'd have gone with but fairs. XD
  • V8VANTAGE said:

KidSleez said:

Let's request Baby Got Back next! :p
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    It's a 3-pack!
    It's Yacht Rock!
    I am absolutely buying this pack. Fingers crossed that the mixing is done well.
  • KidSleez said:

V8VANTAGE said:

KidSleez said:

Let's request Baby Got Back next! :p
    Thread derailment and a move to USL in 3... 2... 1...
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Need a Kurt Russell skin for Brandy however...
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 2
    Vexus said:

After listening to the 3 songs, I recognized Baby Come Back but not the other 2. All 3 are rather good though.

Depends if the tracks have any talkies or not.
    Yacht Rock instrumental with Metalcore growling would be interesting. :p
  • DrvOvrItDrvOvrIt Unsigned
    yawn, may pick them up for others to choose in multiplayer, but not going to make me want to reach for rock band these songs. Still not bad great for those that really dig them