Bring back Delisted DLC?

Now that all the dlc that is delisted is done for those you purchased them, do you think HMX will try and see if it’s possible to bring any of delisted dlc back to purchase? There’s a few tracks I’d love to buy that I missed out on :/

Comments

• No. There's a reason why those songs were delisted to begin with.
  • To be fair, I do think the reason most songs are delisted in the first place is due to money as opposed to actual licensing. Looking at the history of delistings, it seems that they started after EA pulled out of Rock Band, so I take it that the reason Metallica/RHCP/etc. were pulled was more due to how costly they were to renew as opposed to them wanting out (NOTE: THIS IS JUST MY GUESS AND MIGHT NOT BE TRUE, TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!). The only two songs off of the top of my head that I believe, based on existing data, were pulled due to licensing alone were "Runnin' Wild" by Airbourne (wasn't cleared for release) and "Snoop's Upside Ya Head" by Snoop Dogg (if I remember correctly, due to a sample in the song).

However, I have to concur with Brookfield that the chances of delisting songs coming back lean towards nil. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get back Metallica and Styx and all of the other things I missed, but in the current state of Rock Band, combined with the fun that is licensing, I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • edited July 4
    coolkat said:

Looking at the history of delistings, it seems that they started after EA pulled out of Rock Band

Wouldn't it be tough for anything else to be true when the prevailing theory is that contracts are five years and EA was around for four years?
  • HMXOwl said:

coolkat said:

Looking at the history of delistings, it seems that they started after EA pulled out of Rock Band

Wouldn't it be a bit difficult for anything else to be true when you believe contracts are five years and EA is around for four years?
    Perhaps I worded some things awkwardly; my point is that in the years after Harmonix stopped receiving support from MTV Games and Electronic Arts (first event), and the popularity of rhythm games went down (2012-2013 in particular, second event), only after both did we start seeing content get pulled. During the entire duration of DLC from 2007- March 2013, barring some goofs (*cough* Party in the USA *cough*), there were no DLC pullings, at least as far as I can note from the Delisting Update Thread.

I'm not denying that licensing plays no part in any of it at all - in all honesty it probably does - but I also think money forms an important part of the equation. Again, I'm going off of conjecture here and what limited data there is on what goes on behind the scenes when songs are licensed for Rock Band, but knowing the histories of bands like, say, Metallica, it seems likely that a main source of dispute would be over finances. From what I know of, and what I can deduce, this seems reasonable.

Feel free to debunk any of it, if you're permitted to - it's just my evaluation of the situation - but I set forth my point. It may very well have flaws, in fact, I'm sure it does - my own mental state at the moment might be playing into that - and, thus, I would be more than happy to hear claims from the opposing party!
  • It would be great (I personally missed Scars on Broadway and some Fleetwood Mac) and USL is all about wild dream requests. I'm not expecting any relistings, but it's a nice thought.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Technically, we've already gotten some delisted songs back. That's what Rewinds are.