New Rivals Update Next Week!

Comments

• jkald said:

I wonder why they have taken all the previous streams and this one down? There's only a five minute video on Twitch with the Harmonix logo.

In my timezone, this stream is at 6 am and I can't watch it live usually.

The RB streams being removed shortly after airing is rather normal, something to do with the nature of audio copyright on Twitch streams I think. What's more surprising is the fact the stream wasn't announced via the normal ways (e.g. RB twitter).
    Sure but they have usually stayed up for a week or so with some parts muted. This one did not even appear I believe.

Well, recently there were some issues with other streamers using copyrighted music or something on Twitch so maybe that's the reason.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Five Minutes Of Steven Tyler Screaming His Lungs Out
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    I figured the days of Rock Band getting a pack from major [R&R HOF] acts in a major size [4-8 songs] were behind us. So hints from the stream suggests that this is still able to happen at least once a year? That's pretty cool. Getting 2 songs a week for at least some of 2019 would be even better news, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. And I fully accept that the DLC options are likely to be heavily weighted toward songs that are best for karaoke, and that they won't have fully separated charts at least half of the time, but such is the world we live in now.
  • tnevaker said:

i could care less about Rivals math changes.

So...you do care at least a little, then.

But seriously, I couldn't agree more with your first bullet point. It'd be pretty great if song length could be included. I'm a huge proponent of album headers, too.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited July 10

tnevaker said:

i could care less about Rivals math changes.

So...you do care at least a little, then.

EDIT: Dangit, do deep links not work when embedding? (Skip to 1:05.)

• - Venue select including low-visual-intensity venue, to make game more accessible to people with photosensitivity stemming from things like head trauma or epilepsy or chronic migraines.

Remind BYOB?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Wildcat15 said:

- Venue select including low-visual-intensity venue, to make game more accessible to people with photosensitivity stemming from things like head trauma or epilepsy or chronic migraines.

Remind BYOB?
    I have no idea what you're saying / asking.

• Wildcat15 said:

- Venue select including low-visual-intensity venue, to make game more accessible to people with photosensitivity stemming from things like head trauma or epilepsy or chronic migraines.

Remind BYOB?
    I have no idea what you're saying / asking.

The intro to BYOB by System of a Down was absolutely seizure inducing.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    Something something Alaska

(Also yes please give the option to turn off strobing and flashing, even as somebody who isn't in the risk zone of getting a seizure as far as I know it can be quite the eyesore at times)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited July 10
    Big changes have been made to the note highway since RB4 first came out, as I remember it following along could be a real challenge. The highway was much more transparent than it is now, and you could lose your place easily when objects behind it would shine through. And it would shake every time you missed a note, right? Like in GH? And yes, the flashing lights, they are a distraction to everyone, and literally a threat to others.

It's all part of the challenge, right? Yeah, I was never 100% sure how much was to make the presentation active and exciting and how much was put there explicitly to make the game more challenging.

I'd like to think that trying to trigger a headache (or a seizure!) was never an intentional part of the challenge.

If they ever added it, I would fully expect that people choosing to play on Clean Boring Display Mode would be banned from the leaderboards. Because that's how super-competitive gamers think, right?
    edited July 10
    I would give zero ****s if the low-visual-intensity mode disabled leaderboard posting. Zero. Give it to me anyway. This is an accessibility issue, not a competitive advantage issue. They don't post autokick scores to leaderboard either, and that's also an accessibility issue they saw fit to address.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited July 10
    I better get my album headers in the Fall update or I predict a riot. :p
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    @thatmarkguy , you already see your leaderboard high score on the results screen if you do not set a high score. I check it to see how close I was when I fall short. Or are you asking for something else?
    edited July 10
    djb5f1 said:

@thatmarkguy , you already see your leaderboard high score on the results screen if you do not set a high score. I check it to see how close I was when I fall short. Or are you asking for something else?

Is that the leaderboard high or your local high?

I suppose this bleeds into my longshot quality of life wish that they actually sync up local everything from leaderboard everything - that we have these mismatches where things stores locally and things stored at servers don't match is maddening.

Wait, where does RB4 show this? Rb3 did. But i just watched some recent youtube videos of results screens that don't flag as personal bests but I don't see an indication of the personal best either.

Oh, right "Friends high scores". Because you are your own friend.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Yes, in friends high score. Not sure on the local high score or leaderboards high score. Hopefully, they should be the same 99.9% of the time.
  • It's out.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    And it's huge! 6gb on ps4
  • 12.3 GB update on XB1, it's becoming increasingly clear that between RB4 and MCC updates there's not going to be much room for other stuff on the internal hard drive.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 11
    Found a big bug. In Rockudrama part 3 setlist 1 (the dog birthday party one), selecting next song after playing the first song freezes the game.

EDIT: It may be something to do with restarting.

EDIT 2: Managed to complete the setlist but loading up the next setlist of Rockudrama leads to freezing on a black screen (no cutscene plays)
  • I strongly disapprove of the small text. The Crew Achievements box even changes its content, attracting my eyes to it. But when they get there I have to squint and struggle to decipher what is displayed. The Crew Activity Feed isn't as bad at attracting attention. I can't decide if the contrast difference makes it any easier or harder to read. Neither are pleasant.