New Rivals Update Now Has a Hotfix Out!

Comments

• grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    Ive fc'd the same song, twice now, on harmonies. Both times it told me full combo, gave me the little leaf things, and also 99%. So summins buggered. Still.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    I'm gonna hafta check out these TinyFonts on my 70".
  • MaxRenn82MaxRenn82 Opening Act

Ive fc'd the same song, twice now, on harmonies. Both times it told me full combo, gave me the little leaf things, and also 99%. So summins buggered. Still.

Are you talking about in the results screen or on the leaderboard? Just asking because it will say 99% still if you didn't beat the score you got with that 99% as well.
  • jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
    siee said:

razor63 said:

My biggest takeaway (so far) from this update: why are all the fonts smaller? Oh gods, why are all the fonts smaller?

I don't mind that, I mind the scores and solo percentile being off centered now.
    Man, everything is offcentered and it's driving me crazy!
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    I really feel most developers these days lose sight of the fact that not everyone has 42"+ tvs.

If you can't see it on a 20" tv (mine is 32" but not everyone has a screen even that big) make the **** **** bigger.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited July 12
    I have a 22" TV and the size is mostly fine, the note highway could do with being bigger though. XB1 has this weird situation where the right side of the screen slightly cuts off (all games) but if you fix that in the TV settings the note highway is too small.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    I play on a 62” tv, have 20/20 vision, and often find the fonts/subtitles on games much too small.
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act
    I play on a 47" T.V., and don't have great eyesight, but never have any trouble reading fonts. I typically sit about 2-3 feet away though, so...
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Surely I will have trouble using my 24" Sony Playstation monitor, but I can get really close in between songs. What am I reading while I'm playing a song? Oh, text for lyrics. And the note highway, is that smaller now too? I guess I'll see for myself tonight.

Font size and uncentered text doesn't seem like something they can hot-fix in a few days. Argh.

I owned a Blu-Ray player [a PS3, of course] before I bought an HDTV. I had a really hard time navigating the menu / reading the credits with that setup, no matter how close I sat. I guess I just have to buy an 80" TV now, as soon as I find one that isn't riddled with spyware or ads running on the guide screen.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

I play on a 47" T.V., and don't have great eyesight, but never have any trouble reading fonts. I typically sit about 2-3 feet away though, so...

Ha, oh yeah, I am 10-12 feet away when I play

• bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited July 12

There are games where I HAVE to sit that far away to read things, and I have better than 20/20 vision.

One of the worst offenders was a poker game I had where the cards were so small it was hard to tell what they were, and that's THE main point of the game.

Games where the size doesn't matter during play don't irk me as much as I can move closer to read and then scoot back to play, but the ones that are hard to play from 6-8 ft. away because you can't see what is going on during play are inexcusable.

There are times in RB where if the words are coming fast it's very hard to make them out with how small they are. Hopefully the smaller text you guys are mentioning doesn't apply to vocals.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star

There are times in RB where if the words are coming fast it's very hard to make them out with how small they are. Hopefully the smaller text you guys are mentioning doesn't apply to vocals.

It's not so much smaller that it's microscopic or anything, but it's enough of a change to notice. Combine that with font also being noticeably thinner and it just makes you wonder why it was even made. Maybe change for the sake of change?

I can't speak to whether or not it changed for vocals, but if so...another case for a static vocal display option.
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    I have a 24" monitor, and sit 2 feet or so away, but I have terrible eyesight, hence why the font was my biggest takeaway from the update. At least this isn't the 15" TV that I play on when my 24" is in use elsewhere, or I probably wouldn't be able to play at all!
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Any word on the app being updated to account for the changes in scoring, namely LP?
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    In-game PlayStation store is down. Just shows the 3 dots for every song and then errors when clicking purchase to connect to store.
  • Well the app is useless for me now.
    It's nice to see the Spotlight song percentages added to in-game.
    Haven't been using the app the last couple of weeks anyway after hitting bloodstone but now I may just delete it LOL
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited July 12
    I mean the app is still the most convenient way to see your leaderboard posted scores (which is a nuisance even when you're at your console) and star values (which can be impossible from your console if they differ from your local) and current song library (when you're away from your console). And still has a chat room for your crew.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Hmm, let me see what songs I own in this challenge... 0. Yeah, app needs some love.
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    I think the new update is a little buggy for me. On PS4 i took this pictures
    In the first, it's not showing the points obtained nor the current friends leaderbord position. Plus my level didn't increase at all.
    In the second one the buttons on the upper left side are incorrect (there's 2 X) and I can't choose between Friends and All anymore.
    I like the new effects, but I prefer to see my position and my points after I play a song.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Taunts are really broken.

You can taunt yourself if you beat your old score, lol.

But if you get a lower score than you have previously gotten, you can still taunt everyone that is under you which is not how it was before (nor how it should be).

I miss being able to see my high score and friends’ scores from the results screen. No idea why that was removed.

I don’t like how the LP pops up over every stars rating as you browse through songs but oh well. LP could be a good feature, we will see how it plays out, but I like seeing my percentage and stars without having to hide it every time.

I swear the centering of the countdown clock has changed as well. It looks bottom justified now instead of centered but that could be in my head, have not confirmed through YouTube videos.

• Yeah, the countdown numbers are misaligned. The in-game store is still messed up on the PS4 but you can still use the PSN store. My issue seems to be a disparage between the amount of xp showing in the breakdown and what it actually grants me. That number is smaller; is there a logical reason for this, I'm terrible at math?
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    SmashMan said:

Maybe change for the sake of change?
    This update in a nutshell
  • I'm also having leaderboard issues but I can't tell if the update is to blame or just a side result of the general XBL issues.
  • nystargatenystargate Unsigned
    I love the addition of the LP points.

I like the addition of seeing percentages on the spotlight songs, but wish it showed total points out of first instead.

Don't like that you can't see the regular leaderboard and toggle to friends scores.

Don't like that you can't rate songs

Don't like that the numbers are off centered.

Don't like that some fonts were made smaller and/or thinner
  • edited July 13

I'm also having leaderboard issues but I can't tell if the update is to blame or just a side result of the general XBL issues.

My profile picture doesn't load on the results screen after a song. It shows a stock art from the game.
  • jblackhartjblackhart Unsigned
    To those that are missing the post-song high scores/friends' scores, they're still there, you just have to scroll down one page.

And if you keep scrolling, you'll also get to a new breakdown of the XP you got for that song, which is way better than the old "# play/full combo bonus" messages that used to flash on and off screen which I would often miss.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    edited July 13
    So now I am #1 on Arabella (tie) with a 99% FC. Seeing my string of 100%s down the RB4 setlist broken by that is highly vexing.

Also vexing are the no longer vertically centered countdown numbers and score during the song.

I am not getting xp totals or notification of posting a new spotlight score when I finish. No friends scores either. More irksome than vexing.

LP is a great idea, though. Please fix the rest.