DLC Discussion Thread: FFDP

Comments

• dinoman said:

Damn, 3 song week was just an odd one out and still no RBVR progress. Nice to see more RBN songs that I got on last gen though.

I think we should just let those RBVR songs go, they'll never show up
    Nope and if anything, this week improves my hopes for RBVR songs. The Funeral is the only Band of Horses song in the top 100 according to the RBN thread so that could go perfectly with the RBVR song Casual Party, also there's no spotlight pass.
  • I’ll get both. Not a huge fan of them though.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    Hard to See yay.
    Burn it Down nope.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Not my cuppa, thanks.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited July 10
    If all we're gonna get is the top 100 from the RBN, then I guess I won't be getting a good 97-98% of the 341 RBN songs I had on the PS3.

Whatever their reasoning for pushing out more hard and heavy stuff, yay... more screaming and no love for vocalists apparently. How about showing us a bit of kindness, or more to the point, giving us an Unkindness next week to make up for it (a 3 pack of A Death, Foundation and Fragments) would do nicely. :wink:
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Graffin said:

If all we're gonna get is the top 100 from the RBN, then I guess I won't be getting a good 97-98% of the 341 RBN songs I had on the PS3.

I don’t know if it’s ALL we’re gonna get, but it can’t hurt to go to rockband.com/request and submit stuff!

Unless you already have, in which case don’t resubmit.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    Just wanted to point out that Hard To See is mostly pitched as well, it's only in the breakdown and outro there is any growling, and you could just sing those parts anyways and make up some pitches to improve the song
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The only instrument still being manufactured is the microphone, so the game is all about the vocalists now! Well, "mostly" about the vocalists. Growly metal songs still exist. Regular rock songs also are still offered, sometimes! Alas, as was always true, there are literally no songs that will please everyone.

Pet peeve: when people tell me that there's something wrong with me because I don't want to sing monster voice songs. Fortunately, there exist other options: don't buy the song, or play it on every instrument except vocals. No, I don't want to scream the lyrics, not ever. No, I don't want to sing it without monster voice, making a joke of it all. Well, fine, maybe a few times a year, to be goofy.

But I guess there are plenty of people that DO feel "forced" to play every single song that comes out. Maybe nobody is telling me I "have to" find a way to sing songs that I have no interest in singing, maybe instead they are actually trying to offer helpful advice for those that are flummoxed because they are compelled to try and sing these songs that might initially appear to be impossible to sing.

In which case... "never mind!"
  • and another hard pass for me. If the song has growly singing, it's pretty much a hard pass.
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    tnevaker said:

i had a very vivid dream last night that they announced an Elvis Presley 5-pack as DLC. but when i opened the announcement, it turned out to be all covers of obscure Elvis songs by bands i'd never heard of. that was disappointing.

this is more disappointing.

I know they aren't obscure, but I'd be down with some Elvis covers

Fine Young Cannibals - Suspicious Minds
    Rusted Root - Suspicious Minds
    UB40 - Can't Help Falling In Love

I'd prefer getting Elvis originals, but there are some great covers out there.
  • and another hard pass for me. If the song has growly singing, it's pretty much a hard pass.

As mentioned before "Hard to See" only has it for three lines in the whole song, and one of those is pretty much at the very end.
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited July 10
    Scratch that. Didn't realize they were both RBN tracks.
  • As for challenge prediction, song titles to do with senses:
    Five Finger Death Punch - "Hard to See"
    Benjamin Booker - "Violent Shiver"
    Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act
    Eh, nothing for me.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    JLynn943 said:

tnevaker said:

i had a very vivid dream last night that they announced an Elvis Presley 5-pack as DLC. but when i opened the announcement, it turned out to be all covers of obscure Elvis songs by bands i'd never heard of. that was disappointing.

i don't remember which Elvis songs were in the pack or the names of the bands covering, but i hadn't heard of them before, so they were probably non-existent Elvis songs, by non-existent bands.
  • No spank you.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    JLynn943 said:

tnevaker said:

Isn't basically all Elvis songs cover versions to begin with anyways?
  • Personally, I've been pretty underwhelmed by recent DLC overall. I'm happy for people who have enjoyed the last several months but I might stop buying every song and become much more selective. I really want to keep supporting Harmonix but there's just been nothing big and shiny for me to go, "Oh, hell yes!" to. Without that feeling of occasional exhilaration, it's hard to want to buy the extra stuff that I'm just medium on.
  • JLynn943 said:

tnevaker said:

Isn't basically all Elvis songs cover versions to begin with anyways?
    Depends on how you define "cover". A lot of elvis songs were originally recorded and released by elvis so technically they aren't really considered "covers" even though he didn't write them.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Suspicious Minds was not only written by Mark James, but he originally recorded it too.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    I didn't realize both of these were RBN (though I should've assumed given that the album these songs are from is nearly 10 years old).

Anyways, not my thing. If this is a sign that the challenge is metal themed, at least it's week 1.
  • SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    I didn't buy these on RBN, and won't be buying these now. But I am glad for more RBN. If it winds up being RBN every other week, I wouldn't be mad.
  • I love that nobody has nitpicked the fact that only one of last week's pack is actually impossible-tier on vocals.

Not that it affects my overall point in any meaningful way (those harmonies <3) but yeah. XD
  • firedoom666firedoom666 Headliner
    This week is pretty great!