What Is The Future For Dance Central? Dance Central 5?

When I first got my Xbox 360 Kinect back in 2013 I bought Dance Central 3. And I few months later I got DC 1 & 2 and I have been playing them ever since. When I saw the Dance Central Spotlight trailer in late 2014 I got excited so I clicked on it. But something seemed odd with it. The routines weren't any different, (meaning there was no new choreography) the moves seem forced, (meaning they didn't even go together) There were very limited characters and their outfits were "meh," and worst of all the game basically lived off of DLC songs. Ever since then I unplugged my kinect and stop playing. I've recently returned back to DC after finding my kinect in a box in my closet and replaying all the songs. Then I realized: Why hasn't there been anymore Dance Central games since 2014? I don't want this series to end because in my opinion it is way much better than Just Dance's kid friendly routines and songs. Harmonix shouldn't give up on the Dance Central series and give up on it, instead they should look at their mistakes, rework them, get more choreographers, add more characters, (and outfits) and hopefully they add some cooler venues than the ones in DC2.

Hopefully this message will get through to Harmonix.

Sincerely,
Lil Pasta

Comments

• There is no more Dance Central. Microsoft is no longer supporting Kinect-based games. Sorry.
  • There is no more Dance Central. Microsoft is no longer supporting Kinect-based games. Sorry.

Just Dance 2019 is coming to both the Xbox One and 360 though?
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited July 14
    LilPasta said:

Just Dance allows for smartphone use to track your moves - no Kinect is required.
  • LilPasta said:

Just Dance allows for smartphone use to track your moves - no Kinect is required.
    Then does it say it's being released for Xbox One, and Xbox 360 on the gamepage
  • LilPasta said:

Then does it say it's being released for Xbox One, and Xbox 360 on the gamepage

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-ca/game/just-dance-2019/

Just wanted to let you know that Microsoft does NOT own Harmonix OR DC. This is per Harmonix themselves.

They could cross platform, it's ultimately up to them at this point. They could also just use VR. After all, they have been working on Rockband for it anyway.
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited October 9

Just wanted to let you know that Microsoft does NOT own Harmonix OR DC. This is per Harmonix themselves.

They could cross platform, it's ultimately up to them at this point. They could also just use VR. After all, they have been working on Rockband for it anyway.

But Microsoft DOES manufacture the hardware needed to play Dance Central and is no longer doing that.

Maybe they do a VR version at some point -- heavy emphasis on maybe. Cross-platform play is highly unlikely -- the series does not have Fortnite levels of interest.