Interesting Maps Thread

Comments

• edited December 2018

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited December 2018
    For you, personally? You live in southern WV? I am just one state over, but my county has the lowest likelihood of friendship.

... was it something I said?
  • im not sure this graph is accurate, I used to live in Arizona when I was younger and managed to make friends there. it looks like it's centered in Washington dc as the friendliest city and there is no way that can be.
  • Looks like it's taken from a study done by economists at FB. Pick a county and see how people there are linked to other people. Distance is the biggest determinant, and state lines seem to form a tangible boundary.

Hoping to find a link that will let me pick my county so I can see what that map looks like.
  • That map has got to be made by people who live in those states or have relatives in the states that have dots. Because i've ran into mostly rude people in Alabama and Georgia to be honest.
  • im not sure this graph is accurate, I used to live in Arizona when I was younger and managed to make friends there. it looks like it's centered in Washington dc as the friendliest city and there is no way that can be.

While I think we can all agree that it's impossible for Washington DC to be the friendliest city, the map looks like the friend epicenter is in West Virginia.

Which, judging from everything I've read about in Fallout 76, seems pretty unlikely.
  • Yeah, that map is made for one specific county in WV. I looked around to see if I could find a way to have it show the same type of map centered on my county in Virginia but didn't have any luck.

"Washington DC: the efficiency of the south, the friendliness of the north"
    (rude stereotypes all around but it's not hard to see why this little witticism caught on)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The Twitter doesn't show up in my Rock Band feed automatically so I had to look up the title of this map
    "areas where more than one in 20 commuters use the train as their main mode of getting to work"