September 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: Season 8, Weak or Great?

TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
edited August 28 in Rock Band
August brought us four new paid tracks, seven returning RBN favourites, and a free song for Rivals owners.

What do you foresee coming to Rock Band in September? A continued focus on popular RBN songs? Some more up-and-coming pop tracks? A whole new direction altogether?

On the RBN front, after getting "Knifeman" (ranked at #927 on the RBN best-sellers list), all bets are off...could this be the month we get The Tragically Hip's "Blow at High Dough"? Maybe not, but I will continue to try to will it into existence...

Comments

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

9/6 - Reverbnation Free Rivals pack
    The 4 songs which won the Reverbnation competition to get songs into RB

The deadline for that ReverbNation contest was only like two weeks ago. There's no way they'd have those songs selected, charted, and ready for release that quickly.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited August 29
    @grumblevolcano Replace "Heart of Glass" or even "Atomic" with "Dreaming", and it's an absolutely perfect month for me.
  • Weak...oh, am I supposed to predict actual songs? Pass! :p
  • @TheStuddz DropMix is honestly the only reason I'm predicting Heart of Glass. RB so far has been good with getting DropMix songs by artists who appeared in RB before DropMix. It's the same reason I think we'll get a Maroon 5 pack with Maps, Animals and a song from the latest album someday.
  • NightmareLyreNightmareLyre Rising Star
    Just hoping for more "out there" RBN stuff, as well as some new songs that are more on the Rock side of things with any new songs they have licensed.
  • As much as I enjoy the RBN re-releases I wish we'd see more new stuff that's not pop.
    I'd call most of the "indie/alternative" that we've gotten is pop. There's a couple that are more alternative than others but for the most part meh... I probably won't play them much.

I'd love to see a Bowie or Queen pack in the near future but that's just my wishlist set of mind LOL. The Smiths and The Cure too.
  • MannyG14MannyG14 Unsigned
    edited August 29
    I predict the following RBN.

Sleeping with Sirens - If You’re James Dean Then I’m Audrey Hepburn
    Pierce the Veil - Caraphernelia
    Emarosa - Heads or Tails, Real or Not?
    Attack Attack! - Stick Stickly
    Band of Horses - The Funeral
    All Time Low - Walls
    Dance Gavin Dance - Tree Village
    Mayday Parade - Jamie All Over

At least one of those. Please.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Please show me some kindness and let there be at least one song by an Unkindness... Fragments or Foundation would be awesome!
    Graffin said:

Please show me some kindness and let there be at least one song by an Unkindness... Fragments or Foundation would be awesome!

With all the Blondie talk up there, funny that "Fragments" comes up, as they covered it on their last album. I always find that to be a rather weird fun fact, with Blondie being a classic band and an Unkindness being somewhat of an unknown quantity.
    Fun fact re: this thread. It was originally subtitled Season 7, Hell or Heaven? but then I did some fact-checking.
  • My niece is good friends with Gerardo's son. I should ask her to take Rock Band to their house and play it with them. After they have fun ask if we could get the rights to "Rico Suave" so we could finally get it put in the game. :p
  • RBN
    Kill the alarm - Fire away
    Kill the alarm - no more excuses
    Jerry Naylor (all previous songs)
  • Rooster Teeth posted they would be releasing more songs of them, so maybe that.
  • Wildcat15 said:

Rooster Teeth posted they would be releasing more songs of them, so maybe that.

if it is more RWBY stuff, that might wait until October when the next season starts
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Two more seasons to go, and then 2018 ends. And then RB4 DLC ends?

I'm hoping we get at least song from The Tragically Hip before then. Dare I hope for two? OK, fine, I'm officially predicting that we get two. And also 2+ hits from the Alternative chart. And up to 2 hits from the Hot 100. And up to 3 well-known songs from before 2000.
  • We don't know how HMX will handle season 9 because of timing. Will they really put some of the toughest promotion challenges of season 9 during the last 2 weeks of the year? Or will they instead have a 2 week break during the season to allow people to properly enjoy those 2 weeks? Or will season 9 in fact start in 2019 with there being an extended Rivals break?

The break after season 2 was cut in half for the sole purpose of finishing the season before those last 2 weeks of December.

Two more seasons to go, and then 2018 ends. And then RB4 DLC ends?

I'm hoping we get at least song from The Tragically Hip before then. Dare I hope for two? OK, fine, I'm officially predicting that we get two. And also 2+ hits from the Alternative chart. And up to 2 hits from the Hot 100. And up to 3 well-known songs from before 2000.

Why would you assume that RB4 DLC ends there? Between RBN re-releases, modern songs and dropmix songs at about 2 a week I’d say they have a lot of stulff to throw out for a while. But what do I know people have been preaching the end for over a year now.
    edited August 29
    I wouldn't be shocked if RB DLC came to an end in 2019, but I'd be very surprised if it ended in the first few months of the year. I'd expect it in the latter half at the earliest, but I personally think it has a shot at making it through the entire calendar year, and then some. The RBN tracks have given HMX a way of releasing "new" DLC for years to come (especially at 2-3 tracks a week) without the need to chart anything new (including harmonies...sigh).
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 29
    I can understand that people may be concerned with RB's future with well over half the new DLC being last gen re-releases (RBN).

I think RB4 will stay alive throughout 2019 with RBN playing a big role outside the holiday season. After that? I don't have a clue, didn't exactly expect RB4 to overtake RB1 as the longest supported RB game anyway especially with only 1 expansion.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

I wouldn't be shocked if RB DLC came to an end in 2019, but I'd be very surprised if it ended in the first few months of the year. I'd expect it in the latter half at the earliest, but I personally think it has a shot at making it through the entire calendar year, and then some. The RBN tracks have given HMX a way of releasing "new" DLC for years to come (especially at 2-3 tracks a week) without the need to chart anything new (including harmonies...sigh).

Yeah, between re-releasing RBN songs, and the occasional Rewind (which we haven't gotten in a while) it's kind of reminding me of 2012-2013 when we were only getting new DLC every two weeks, and every other week was slowly releasing songs from Blitz.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The most recent roadmap from HMX included the detail that we would continue to get DLC "through the end of 2018". Will it continue beyond that? I sure hope it actually works out that way. I keep hoping to see a later date listed in an updated roadmap, but so far that hasn't happened.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    What has me curious is if they made that forecast before deciding to reissue RBN songs (I believe the survey where they asked about RBN reissue appetite came later), and if the decision to start filling weeks with reissues bought them more 'timeline' to be able to prolong the charting and issuing of negotiated major-label content into 2019.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    MAJOR PREDICTION: a new source of instruments will be found in time for the holidays in support of a Prince Mega-pack release.
    I honestly think we’ll keep on getting dlc until the next generation of consoles are released. Then we may get a rock band 5 eventually.
  • What else would Harmonix be doing if not releasing DLC?

What else would Harmonix be doing if not releasing DLC?

Dropmix stuff
This discussion has been closed.