September 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: Season 8, Weak or Great?

Comments

• I think we either get some top 40 artists or a pack of 5 free songs from either local bands or rbn.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    LeCH24 said:

Week 1: (No Rivals)

Creative, fun pack that is presented in a way that bypasses how D-list the artists are but is still generally appreciated

Week 2: (New Season)

RBN songs I kinda don't want

Week 3: (New Season, Week 2)

Two songs for a 1.49 from third-tier pop acts with one track that's catchy enough that I buy it

Week 4: (New Season, Week 3)

An RBN song I REALLY wanted to have again and buy a second time, one I was on the fence with during the RB3 era that I take the plunge on, and one I want to KILL WITH FIRE.

Not a pack, but I feel like I'm 1 for 1 so far!
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    TheStuddz said:

The "September will be bad" predictions are, to me at least, currently shaping up to be bad predictions.

But wait... It gets worse. ;)
  • TheStuddz said:

The "September will be bad" predictions are, to me at least, currently shaping up to be bad predictions.

I politely disagree. This week's DLC is awful, but it's the kind of awful that you can't help but love.
  • Vexus said:

TheStuddz said:

I politely disagree. This week's DLC is awful, but it's the kind of awful that you can't help but love.
    I politely disagree with that again. This week's DLC is really boring and not cheesy-bad ENOUGH if anything
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited September 4
    The nearest major city to me doesn't get very many concerts -- I'd guess maybe three major concerts a year -- but I just found out that Stone Temple Pilots and Seether will be playing there in November. Not a big Seether fan, but I love STP, so I think I'll brave the 7 hours of driving that it'll take me to get there and back.

Anyways, my point is: I hope "Remedy" comes to RB in September so I can start learning the songs by playing them pre-concert. I'd rather get more STP, but I know "Remedy" is coming any time now.
  • razor63 said:

I'll just do what I did last month, and "predict" 4 songs from the Hot 100 top 40, and 4 from the alternative charts:

Hot 100

Zedd, Maren Morris, & Grey - "The Middle"
    Post Malone - "Better Now"
    Benny Blanco, Halsey, & Khalid - "Eastside"
    Imagine Dragons - "Natural"

Alt. top 40

twenty one pilots - "Jumpsuit"
    Panic! at the Disco - "Say Amen (Saturday Night)"
    Chvrches - "Miracle" (out of all these songs, this is the one I actually want to happen)
    The Knocks - "Ride or Die (Feat. Foster the People)"
    bonus: Marshmello - "Happier (Feat. Bastille)"

That first set scares me lol
  • edited September 4
    I mean I'd rather have the A Day To Remember version of Since U Been Gone but the Kelly Clarkson one's fine too!

EDIT: In fact, calling it now. The RBN + new is A Day To Remember: Since U Been Gone and All Signs Point to Lauderdale.
  • Back to Rocksmith DLC I'd really like to see in RB, this week's DLC is by far my favourite DLC of the year for that game:

Even though she has a bunch more great tunes, this is essentially the perfect Kelly Clarkson pack for RB for me. Hint hint HMX.
  • Kelly Clarkson's version is much better, also the best outcome with ADTR would be to only get RBN songs until all the RBN songs have been released.
  • September is weak sauce. Already confirmed. Hopefully October is better.

Well so far you aren't wrong..
  • Witticus said:

September is weak sauce. Already confirmed. Hopefully October is better.

This week had the first song taken off my wishlist in 3 months, so I respectfully refute this entirely...
    I think the last wishlist song for me was Karma Chameleon, so 5 months here.
    :(
    I do like that we aren't getting RBN every single week though, at least this broke that up.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP

Witticus said:

September is weak sauce. Already confirmed. Hopefully October is better.

This week had the first song taken off my wishlist in 3 months, so I respectfully refute this entirely...
    I think the last wishlist song for me was Karma Chameleon, so 5 months here.
    :(
    I do like that we aren't getting RBN every single week though, at least this broke that up.
    Yeah that was one before We Are Family, then it was an insane dry spell that was broken up by the awesome Yacht Rock material. Wasn’t on my list, but they were great tunes.
  • Definitely hoping that I will enjoy S8's DLC more than S7... S7 is definitely the weakest by far for me. I think I bought more back catalog tracks than I did new songs last season... which is sad because at this point the number of songs I actually want to buy that I don't already own is fairly low.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

The nearest major city to me doesn't get very many concerts -- I'd guess maybe three major concerts a year -- but I just found out that Stone Temple Pilots and Seether will be playing there in November. Not a big Seether fan, but I love STP, so I think I'll brave the 7 hours of driving that it'll take me to get there and back.

Anyways, my point is: I hope "Remedy" comes to RB in September so I can start learning the songs by playing them pre-concert. I'd rather get more STP, but I know "Remedy" is coming any time now.

I didn't realize STP was touring again. Between what happened to Chester Bennington and Scott Weiland, I'm surprised they were able to get a new singer. That job sounds cursed.
  • tdc002 said:

TheStuddz said:

I didn't realize STP was touring again. Between what happened to Chester Bennington and Scott Weiland, I'm surprised they were able to get a new singer. That job sounds cursed.
    I really dig the new album. Love the new singer, too.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

tdc002 said:

TheStuddz said:

There's a new ALBUM too? Where the hell have I been.

I'm not even sure if I've listened to Bennington era Stone Temple Pilots, tbh.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    tdc002 said:

tdc002 said:

TheStuddz said:

I saw them in concert back in June, and I can report that the new singer does a great job live. The band sounds better than they have in a decade. The new album is pretty damn good too. Really looking forward to seeing them again.
  • edited September 9
    tdc002 said:

tdc002 said:

TheStuddz said:

They only released an EP with Bennington. Aside from the first single (Out of Time), I didn't really care for it. They're back in fine form with the new album, though.
  • New album is good... albeit unfortunate that they decided to release a second self-titled album.

I'd gladly welcome Meadow or Roll Me Under to my library though.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    A third, kinda. Purple also only says “STONE TEMPLE PILOTS” on the spine, no actual album name.
  • Witticus said:

#musicsharkmonday

Last week we got two songs involving alcoholic drinks. What better to enjoy pina coladas and red wine than passed out on a hammock?

Nudist colony? lol!
  • Wow.
    Had no idea RS got that pack. Behind these hazel eyes is a DREAM rock band song
  • Any animated critters wearing just pants or just a shirt looks way creepier than have a "nude" animal.
    Real-life dogs in sweaters: not creepy, just sad [even if they actually need the sweater, that might even be sadder]

Yeah agree. I was just messing around.
    :)
This discussion has been closed.