A Quick Look Into Future Rock Band Updates (The Good Kind of News)

Comments

• Thanks!! Love good news!!
  • edited August 30
    <3 @Harmonix and Thank You all! :) Great to hear/read!!
  • Crashing for months is no fun for anyone...
    I like good news but this to me is not good in terms of enjoyable gameplay...
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Glad things are progressing. Nothing on fixing the Companion App though. I miss being able to use it.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    djb5f1 said:

Glad things are progressing. Nothing on fixing the Companion App though. I miss being able to use it.

AGREE!
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Really awesome to see positive updates like this
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    It's great that you're addressing the various vocal glitches. Thanks for that.

Any chance of adding the vocal/audio controls back to the controller so they can be adjusted on the fly, as they were in previous Rock Band games?
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    If we get the black pedal toggle I'll finally be able to use my e-Kit as God intended in the game again.
  • yoann007yoann007 Unsigned
    djb5f1 said:

It needs a full redesign tbh.
    I play Rivals way less since I'm not able to check my crew status at a glance and speak with them anymore.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    bug fixes are always a good thing. wonder if there are any new game modes coming? (just wondering to myself)
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    "We are working on an update that will release later this fall" - I'm very curious to see what this will be. I have no guesses that are both realistic and exciting, but I probably just lack imagination. In any case, I'm glad to see that a Fall Update is still part of the roadmap. I hadn't read anything about it in a while and was curious if it was still happening, or if I totally imagined it in the first place.

But in the meantime: fixes for many of the things that have been driving people crazy lately. Cool.
  • yoann007 said:

djb5f1 said:

I play Rivals way less since I'm not able to check my crew status at a glance and speak with them anymore.
    I know the companion app needs to be updated, as it doesn't show LP and such, but how is it no longer working as a communication tool? My crew is still able to talk to each other.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited August 31

"We are working on an update that will release later this fall" - I'm very curious to see what this will be. I have no guesses that are both realistic and exciting, but I probably just lack imagination. In any case, I'm glad to see that a Fall Update is still part of the roadmap. I hadn't read anything about it in a while and was curious if it was still happening, or if I totally imagined it in the first place.

But in the meantime: fixes for many of the things that have been driving people crazy lately. Cool.

It's not necessarily the same fall update teased before season 7 started, a lot of these fixes so far are fixing problems caused by the July update.
  • I'm thankful and grateful to see the vocals glitch being addressed. Looking forward to it!
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

yoann007 said:

djb5f1 said:

I know the companion app needs to be updated, as it doesn't show LP and such, but how is it no longer working as a communication tool? My crew is still able to talk to each other.
    I'd settle for it showing the songs I own and my scores and stars again at this point.

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    djb5f1 said:

yoann007 said:

djb5f1 said:

I'd settle for it showing the songs I own and my scores and stars again at this point.

Mine still does all of this. Is this an iOS problem? I'm on Android and I've never lost these features, as far as I know,
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited August 31
    TheStuddz said:

djb5f1 said:

yoann007 said:

djb5f1 said:

Mine still does all of this. Is this an iOS problem? I'm on Android and I've never lost these features, as far as I know,
    I don't know. I don't think it happens to everyone but yes many of us on iOS are out of luck. I have an iPhone and iPad.

Still fairly optimistic it gets addressed but since it started (early July?), there has been silence, no acknowledgement on the forums.
  • Might be a bit off topic, but since it links to 'updates', any news on any future plans to get more hardware available to your users?

I just had all of my RB3 "pro" drum era Cymbal mounts and washers break (both the locks to the poles and the locks to the cymbals), so I am only left with the basic pads, some of which do not register properly 100% of the time. I am not really interested in shelling out hundreds of dollars for used equipment that is out there and obviously being price gouged for.

The only other option I see at this point would be to piece together some sort of equipment (E-Drum kits) that works with the RB3 Midi adapter for the PS4. Thanks!
  • FOREVERTHEMAN3FOREVERTHEMAN3 Unsigned
    edited August 31

Android here and I have the problems mentioned.

Didn't quote properly but you get the idea.
  • crashb648 said:

I'm really hoping this fall update is something other than a Rivals update/upgrade.
    As much as a load of people love the Rivals aspect of Rock Band, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants new non-rivals content.

I still dig Rock Band either way, just something like new game-play modes like a Blitz-style or arcade mode to sink my teeth into would be fantastic.

I haven't touched the other modes (especially freestyle solos and show mode) in the game since launch. I'd prefer some UI upgrades, local/online playing together, and several other key features that are still missing from previous games.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    edited August 31
    TheStuddz said:

djb5f1 said:

yoann007 said:

djb5f1 said:

I've got it on both. Had an old iPad that the app worked great on until a couple months back when it just stopped showing songs I own. I've since gotten an Android tablet to replace that iPad and it's the same thing.

I don't know if anyone has narrowed down the issue to iOS vs Android and/or PS4 vs XBOX, and Harmonix isn't saying anything about it so we're kinda stuck here.

I really just wanted to bring up an easy list to populate my RBDB info. :'(
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    SmashMan said:

TheStuddz said:

djb5f1 said:

yoann007 said:

djb5f1 said:

I've got it on both. Had an old iPad that the app worked great on until a couple months back when it just stopped showing songs I own. I've since gotten an Android tablet to replace that iPad and it's the same thing.

I don't know if anyone has narrowed down the issue to iOS vs Android and/or PS4 vs XBOX, and Harmonix isn't saying anything about it so we're kinda stuck here.

Is there an easy (automated) way to populate your info into RBDB? Or is it rather manual? Have not used RBDB other than reference periodically.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    djb5f1 said:

SmashMan said:

TheStuddz said:

djb5f1 said:

yoann007 said:

djb5f1 said:

Is there an easy (automated) way to populate your info into RBDB? Or is it rather manual? Have not used RBDB other than reference periodically.
    Manual. I was going to bring up my list of owned songs in the app and do everything on my PC.

I mean, if I really wanted to I could sit with the game on and do it, but using the app would just be easier for my multitasking.
  • crashb648 said:

I'm really hoping this fall update is something other than a Rivals update/upgrade.
    As much as a load of people love the Rivals aspect of Rock Band, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants new non-rivals content.

I still dig Rock Band either way, just something like new game-play modes like a Blitz-style or arcade mode to sink my teeth into would be fantastic.

I haven't touched the other modes (especially freestyle solos and show mode) in the game since launch. I'd prefer some UI upgrades, local/online playing together, and several other key features that are still missing from previous games.
    The first challenge of season 2 was cool where you got more XP for playing other modes, back then it was Career and Rockudrama. I'd definitely prefer longer season breaks but if HMX is going to keep only having 1 week break between seasons then having say double XP for playing in a new mode during a challenge would be an ok alternative.