A Quick Look Into Future Rock Band Updates (The Good Kind of News)

Comments

• yoann007 said:

djb5f1 said:

Glad things are progressing. Nothing on fixing the Companion App though. I miss being able to use it.

It needs a full redesign tbh.
    I play Rivals way less since I'm not able to check my crew status at a glance and speak with them anymore.
    I know the companion app needs to be updated, as it doesn't show LP and such, but how is it no longer working as a communication tool? My crew is still able to talk to each other.
    I have to log in again EVERY-SINGLE-TIME I launch the app, and I don't receive any notification when there's a new message on the crew chat.

Plus, since it's kind of a battery hog for nothing, most crew members uninstalled it.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    I submitted a trouble ticket that I don’t see as being awfully tough to get patched in on the next update (having no programming experience I may be completely off base)... but curious how common this bug is (copy/pasting from my ticket):

When playing online, more often than not during the player intro screens, instead of your character’s name appearing it just shows something like !#@?! (Or some grouping of random symbols like that). Sometimes it shows the random symbols for everyone who has joined the group and sometime for just 1 or 2 (and the other character names appear correctly) it always seems that the built-in character names appear correctly..
  • LoopyChew said:

If we get the black pedal toggle I'll finally be able to use my e-Kit as God intended in the game again.

Yes, please! I just finished upgrading my kit and would love to be able to have the hi hat pedal usable again!
  • CJ220 said:

LoopyChew said:

If we get the black pedal toggle I'll finally be able to use my e-Kit as God intended in the game again.

Yes, please! I just finished upgrading my kit and would love to be able to have the hi hat pedal usable again!
    Interesting. I am possibly looking to do an E-kit type build due to my Cymbals from my RB3 era "pro" kit breaking, so if you have any pointers for a PS4 build using the Midi-adapter from RB3, please message me or send me something on network via my PS4 handle of Joseduval.

Thanks!

• EliBell1 said:

Please?

Please excuse my terrible editing skills. I'm sure Harmonix's UI artists can come up with something much better looking.

YES! This is something that was in RB3 that I was annoyed they took out for RB4. They don't even have to clutter up the song selection screen. Make it a separate thing that pops up if you hit the correct button. Really doesn't seem that hard.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 2
    EliBell1 said:

Please?

Please excuse my terrible editing skills. I'm sure Harmonix's UI artists can come up with something much better looking.

I honestly prefer that side of the screen being dedicated to LP leaderboards, it helps Rivals mode be a more smooth experience. If there was some sort of future where Rivals mode wasn't the vast majority of the RB experience then sure, something like that would be cool but for awhile now only 14 days out of every 63 days is not during a Rivals challenge.
  • chexmixho said:

EliBell1 said:

Please?

YES! This is something that was in RB3 that I was annoyed they took out for RB4. They don't even have to clutter up the song selection screen. Make it a separate thing that pops up if you hit the correct button. Really doesn't seem that hard.
    I wouldn't mind that either.
    We need more UI changes though. UI Features shouldn't have been cut in the first place.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

EliBell1 said:

Please?

If there was some sort of future where Rivals wasn't the vast majority of the RB experience
    Imma stop you right there, there isn't now.
    I'm honestly wondering what percentage of people still playing Rock Band 4 never upgraded to Rivals. It can't be a huge number.
    edited September 2
    I'm talking about Rivals mode specifically, not the expansion. There was a time when features not related to Rivals mode came in the updates. Now it seems like the only stuff unrelated to Rivals mode is bug fixes.
  • It seems Rivals mode play count has maybe dropped some. I know lots on my PSN friend list that used to be on 24/7 for it have stopped doing that lol
  • I'm talking about Rivals mode specifically, not the expansion. There was a time when features not related to Rivals mode came in the updates. Now it seems like the only stuff unrelated to Rivals mode is bug fixes.

Well, there was the stage and some clothing options in the last update, but I take it you meant something more substantial. (That's coming from one of the people who wants big upgrades to stuff that is mostly aesthetic dressing, admittedly...)
    edited September 2
    Vexus said:

I'm talking about Rivals mode specifically, not the expansion. There was a time when features not related to Rivals mode came in the updates. Now it seems like the only stuff unrelated to Rivals mode is bug fixes.

Well, there was the stage and some clothing options in the last update, but I take it you meant something more substantial. (That's coming from one of the people who wants big upgrades to stuff that is mostly aesthetic dressing, admittedly...)
    Well something that leads to longer season breaks, even a 2 week season break is a lot more refreshing than a 1 week break. The DLC schedule shouldn't be affected either as RBN songs are rarely eligible in challenges, let alone spotlight so any new stuff released during the break planned to be spotlighted would get caught up during RBN weeks like how Rescue Me appeared in this season's challenge 5.

New modes is what I had in mind.
  • So I noticed a vocal glitch when playing today and wondered if this was a known thing that is being fixed or if this is something else;

When playing "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett it would not register octave jumps properly. The pitch arrow got stuck in place for half a second before it jumped down to the note even if I was on time with the octave jumps. I also noticed the arrow freezing during slides sometimes in other songs, though they seemed to mostly register properly at least. Ended up having to just miss-use freestyle vocals/engine trickery and sing everything in the same octave during the choruses, which wasn't all that fun
  • JStryker47JStryker47 Opening Act

Here is hoping that this update will add my most wanted feature, a separate stand-in for male and female vocalists

I liked it just fine in RB3, when the game would just have two of my band members switch places whenever I played a song with female vocals.
  • edited September 3

I honestly prefer that side of the screen being dedicated to LP leaderboards, it helps Rivals mode be a more smooth experience. If there was some sort of future where Rivals mode wasn't the vast majority of the RB experience then sure, something like that would be cool but for awhile now only 14 days out of every 63 days is not during a Rivals challenge.

I wouldn't want them to remove the LP leaderboard pop-up for this. More like a separate pop-up controlled by a different button press. Maybe the Red/B/O button? It only has one function currently while all the other buttons have a single press vs. hold functionality.

Edit: Basically what @chexmixho said.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited September 4

In that case, 20-30%
    there are probably a lot of people like me who created their own crew, who don't actively participate in rivals, but if you have a crew, you are still technically playing in Rivals mode, no matter how you play. if i go into quickplay, i'm still in Rivals mode because those little icons and leaderboards are still all over the place. presumably, if i play in tour mode or shows mode or rockudrama mode, those songs also count towards rivals. so everything in RB is a kind of Rivals mode, even if you don't really care about rivals anymore. the only way to not play in Rivals mode, presumably, is to delete your crew or never join one in the first place.

it's nice they're fixing all those bugs (even if most were created with the previous update), but hope there's some actual game updates as well. there's still a lot of room to improve practice mode and make it possible to easily switch back and forth between practice mode and quickplay for a song directly from the quickplay menu.
  • tnevaker said:

In that case, 20-30%
    there are probably a lot of people like me who created their own crew, who don't actively participate in rivals, but if you have a crew, you are still technically playing in Rivals mode, no matter how you play. if i go into quickplay, i'm still in Rivals mode because those little icons and leaderboards are still all over the place. presumably, if i play in tour mode or shows mode or rockudrama mode, those songs also count towards rivals. so everything in RB is a kind of Rivals mode, even if you don't really care about rivals anymore. the only way to not play in Rivals mode, presumably, is to delete your crew or never join one in the first place.
    They're not the only ways. The most notable way to not being playing in Rivals mode that hasn't been mentioned is to turn on freestyle guitar solos. Until the glitch is fixed, you're essentially blocked from Rivals mode for using freestyle guitar solos.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

Will my drummer ever hold her drumsticks properly again? This is NOT how she should be holding them!

she's just using traditional grip.