Small Notes About Season 8!

Comments

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Good stuff. I wonder about the content of the Season Pass, whether it is going to include RBN songs or more obscure songs than are typically included in a Season Pass (since it is cheaper per song) or if the songs will be better known songs.

And some hints on genres would be helpful, will we get some classic rock or will it be modern pop heavy for example.
  • The changes to promotion, Social Bonus and LP look good.
  • The changes to promotion, Social Bonus and LP look good.

I actually hate the reduction in Social Bonus. The changes from last season greatly affected my crew. Many in the crew are casual players who can function on Expert, but aren't pros at it. In season 6, it made sense for us to play almost everything on Expert, as a 4 star score would give more XP than a 5 star on Hard. On a personal level, that also helped me improve. That Expert XP boost was negated in Season 7, but the Social Bonus helped pick up the slack. Now that's reduced for Season 8 and what was already becoming a slog of grinding for us has just become worse.

I realize this doesn't affect everybody in the same manner. I'm just giving my personal perspective. My crew logged less time playing Rivals last season (me included) and I have a feeling the downward trend will continue.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act
    Pretty much what nature boy up there said.

You realize you can never change your avatar now.
  • Loved the season pass in past seasons! Looking forward to having a pass again.
  • I also dislike how the social bonus is x1.5 rather than x2, and I hated that the increased XP for higher difficulties in season 6 got reduced in season 7. Why are you penalising people for getting good at the game and playing socially?
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Vexus said:

I also dislike how the social bonus is x1.5 rather than x2, and I hated that the increased XP for higher difficulties in season 6 got reduced in season 7. Why are you penalising people for getting good at the game and playing socially?

It does seem that way!

I wish I played more during Season 6 to level up. Playing on Brutal Vocals now doesn't result in much at all.

And, why reduce the Social Play bonus to 1.5x?

So, discouraging us from playing songs on higher difficulties and also discouraging us from playing songs that other crew members have played.

It's about as illogical as having to pause the game/adjust sliders for the audio options where in previous RB games we could do it on the fly with just a button press on the controller.

:confused:
  • Graffin said:

Vexus said:

I also dislike how the social bonus is x1.5 rather than x2, and I hated that the increased XP for higher difficulties in season 6 got reduced in season 7. Why are you penalising people for getting good at the game and playing socially?

It does seem that way!

I wish I played more during Season 6 to level up. Playing on Brutal Vocals now doesn't result in much at all.

So, discouraging us from playing songs on higher difficulties and also discouraging us from playing songs that other crew members have played.

It's about as illogical as having to pause the game/adjust sliders for the audio options where in previous RB games we could do it on the fly with just a button press on the controller.

Or having your shoes be locked to what trousers/shoes/skirt your character is wearing!
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Vexus said:

Graffin said:

Vexus said:

It does seem that way!

Or having your shoes be locked to what trousers/shoes/skirt your character is wearing!
    Don't get me started on the characters... where I have a huge choice of being a chunky meathead or anorexic waif.
  • Graffin said:

Vexus said:

Graffin said:

Vexus said:

It does seem that way!

Don't get me started on the characters... where I have a huge choice of being a chunky meathead or anorexic waif.
    Wait, we're not supposed to agree on stuff! Let me just restore normality:

GROWLS ARE GOOD.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited September 13
    Vexus said:

Graffin said:

Vexus said:

Graffin said:

Vexus said:

It does seem that way!

Let me just restore normality
    The growls band is Abnormality.
  • Rock on!