New low for Xbox One pro drumming

Comments

• Buyer beware I guess. I bought a Xbox One last week just so I could upgrade to RB4. Been playing my 1000 songs on RB3 long enough.

I am floored to find out there is no feasible solution for my Ion drums. The PDP adapter is from $400-700, IF you can find one!

Ok, I play enough to upgrade.....but the only option I can find is to buy a full band set (game, guitar, drums, mic) for $900!!!!! Or, buy a wireless RB3 with an adapter for $450 + $40 for the adapter. Where the hell is the RB4 drum set?

Harmonix, you should be ashamed of yourselves for how you're treating such a loyal community.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    LordRaven said:

Buyer beware I guess. I bought a Xbox One last week just so I could upgrade to RB4. Been playing my 1000 songs on RB3 long enough.
    ...snip...
    Harmonix, you should be ashamed of yourselves for how you're treating such a loyal community.

RB4 has been out 3 years. I'm not sure upgrading after that time is what I'd personally call loyal, and that's coming from me who's probably spent less than $10 on DLC since RB4 released! FWIW, I have over 2,000 songs from previous RB releases.

Before RB4 came along HMX said there was no direct hardware compatible pro-drum support. They hit a hardware licensing snag with XBOX (MS were a touch high and mighty at XBOX ONE release, which hit them hard in sales) and so HMX applied the same message to all platforms. One thing you quickly pickup is HMX never burn any bridges, no matter how small. They did say an adapter for RB3 hardware was being made and thus I drew my plans on that logic!

I designed and built a method before RB4 was actually released because I lived through the great midi pro adapter problems of RB3. The details of my design were on Docs Rock Band Mods site, which went down so I copied the details over to this google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tHEHJ7myANBwn6llhsW6uQJg3fJVqMrN

Yes, it's a midi adapter. Yes, it works with RB4. Yes, it supports pro-drums. Yes, it can work with PS3 & XBOX. Yes, you can copy all the designs and make it better. Yes, you could remove the legacy adapter and wire it up to a RB4 drumkit instead. No, I won't charge you for it. No, I won't hold your hand and build it for you.

It's possible to make it simpler since I designed it for velocity sensitive hit strikes but found out on RB4 release that their new engine doesn't do anything other than hit/no-hit. I didn't know that at the time of design so it seems a little OTT in hindsight, but was good fun in building. Just a little soul destroying how little they carried over RB3 items to RB4.

Anyway, good luck. I purchased a few of the PDP adapters because they (PDP, since HMX are the worst at putting anything down straight... just look at the failed RB4 PC port pitch) said it'd work with the Stage Kit. But yet another RB4 engine let-down. Although saying that, the lighting effects in the RB4 engine are so sub-par it'd probably be a huge embarrassment if they were to show that off via the Stage Kit.

Even though I spent a considerable amount of time working on a pro-drum solution to RB4 I mostly play the superior RB3 now, which is a shame since it means I don't have a real reason to support the platform (HMX) for it's future.

Sorry, not having a dig. Equally annoyed at the state of things, just for other issues.
  • RB4 has been out 3 years. I'm not sure upgrading after that time is what I'd personally call loyal, and that's coming from me who's probably spent less than $10 on DLC since RB4 released! FWIW, I have over 2,000 songs from previous RB releases.

Sorry, not having a dig. Equally annoyed at the state of things, just for other issues.

If RB4 was available on the 360, I would have bought it the day it came out. As it stood, I wasn't willing to buy another console ($700+ when they came out), I instead went back to playing PC games, except RB3, which I still play 10-15 hrs a week. We each have our own story.

I also have a ton of DLC on RB3. Between controllers, DLC and other RB equipment I've spent a few thousand dollars. In that regard, consider myself pretty loyal. At least my Fender Strat works with the $35 wireless adapter.

I've actually upgraded, in a way. I have a 7 pc PDP drum set now, which I play using the RB3 scroll, with my stereo turned way up! lol. It's just about the only exercise my old/broken body can handle any more. If I could figure a way to just get the scroll on RB4 for the drums, I would be much happier about all of this.