DLC Discussion Thread: Good Things Come in Threes

Comments

• edited September 25
    Already the best Spotlight Pass we've had. So happy we got more Coheed and Cambria and it comes from the pass as well! Never heard of the other band/song, the instruments sound pretty fun but i cant stand that singing so it will be a pass.

Edit: oops Greta van Fleet song comes from the pass too, guess ill take it then :D
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

Oh hey, a preview video this time! :p

In all seriousness, though, from the preview both songs seem alright, I'm considering grabbing them while they're on sale, at least.

No preview for last week may have been intentional given the songs ;)
  • I'll give it a chance. So far this season, haven't been happy with the spotlights but I've been enjoying the themes. I am also a fan of the classic rock sound, so we'll see. Nothing has really blown me away yet.
  • So that's 5 of the 12. Now things are starting to get interesting. B)
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

djb5f1 said:

In all seriousness, though, from the preview both songs seem alright, I'm considering grabbing them while they're on sale, at least.

Since people are still finding opportunities to complain that RBN songs are "the worst," despite this week being universally well-received thus far, here's this week's BrokenCyde.
    Are this week’s songs RBN?
  • The worst song so far for the coheed new cd. Actually their worst song in ages . Ugh. And it’ll play terrible in rb lol
    Disappointed in song choice only. Will grab both though.
  • Thrilled to get some Greta Van Fleet.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    djb5f1 said:

djb5f1 said:

Since people are still finding opportunities to complain that RBN songs are "the worst," despite this week being universally well-received thus far, here's this week's BrokenCyde.
    Nope, but complaints about it will still earn everyone more BrokenCyde, so... :p
  • The worst song so far for the coheed new cd. Actually their worst song in ages . Ugh. And it’ll play terrible in rb lol

Oh coheed is free for me, just realized. Not as bad now lol
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

djb5f1 said:

djb5f1 said:

Nope, but complaints about it will still earn everyone more BrokenCyde, so... :p
    I don’t see many or any complaining about it. My comment you quoted was about last week’s RBN songs (largely panned) that did not have a preview.
  • SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    New Coheed at a discount? Done.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited September 25

The worst song so far for the coheed new cd. Actually their worst song in ages . Ugh. And it’ll play terrible in rb lol

You didn't have to pay for the spotlight pass?!?! ;)
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited September 25

To be fair, this could be a case of the previous label not willing to make a deal.
    edited September 25
    djb5f1 said:

djb5f1 said:

djb5f1 said:

I don’t see many or any complaining about it. My comment you quoted was about last week’s RBN songs (largely panned) that did not have a preview.
    I quoted the wrong thing, but stuff like
    djb5f1 said:

and please stay away from RBN re-releases, those weeks almost always leave me disappointed.

Kinda seems like complaining about irrelevant things to me. Though with the one I quoted before, you also implied that the songs were "so bad" that they didn't bother with a preview for them, so there's that. My whole point was as long as people complain about some week being terrible, I'll be there to post the worst music I can think of as a counter-argument. :p
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Yes, just making sure you realize my complaints (and a common theme here with others) are with last week’s and so many of the RBN release weeks and not this week’s.

• Yes! More Greta please! I'll buy all of it. So excited that they're in the game.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I don't wanna complain about RBN too much until we get the Shins and Band of Horses tracks, as well as "Paralyzer" and (really hoping, not optimistic about) "Blow at High Dough".

But yes, really not a fan of 80% of the RBN weeks so far either. New DLC is much more to my liking.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    good things come in threes, but so-so things apparently come in twos.

i'm so-so on whether i want to get these songs or not. the discount might push it towards a buy, but i'll have to see the full charts first.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

djb5f1 said:

and please stay away from RBN re-releases, those weeks almost always leave me disappointed.

Kinda seems like complaining about irrelevant things to me.
    But it's true if it leaves him disappointed. Him being disappointed isn't irrelevant. It's quite relevant.

The fact is, RBN songs are (a) at least eight years old now, and (b) came from artists that were generally niche-at-best even eight years ago, and (c) are songs that people often already considered buying years ago and opted against then, so it's not even offering them a new option, just getting them to re-affirm a rejection they already decided on ages ago. It's not irrelevant for people to want things that are more-current or more-widely-known. Those are two very valid desirablity factors in new content. Even though there are a number of RBN reissues I've been happy with and a number more that I would be happy with... it's a probabilistic fact that RBN rewind weeks are far less probable to deliver me content I'll drop moneys on, than non-RBN weeks. And I'm not alone in this.
    Very well stated!
  • Three Words In The Artist Name

Ohhhhh okay, thanks! :D It's still too early for me and couldn't think.

Adding two more tracks to my DLC list. Thank you @Harmonix <3 :) *guessing this will be the closest to Led Zeppelin we get?

You didn't have to pay for the spotlight pass?!?! ;)
    Weeks ago i did :P and i got it for $12 thanks to Sony rewards :)
  • can never go wrong with some Coheed.
    might grab the greta one too.

guess I am spending money this week
  • djb5f1 said:

But it's true if it leaves him disappointed. Him being disappointed isn't irrelevant. It's quite relevant.

The fact is, RBN songs are (a) at least eight years old now, and (b) came from artists that were generally niche-at-best even eight years ago, and (c) are songs that people often already considered buying years ago and opted against then, so it's not even offering them a new option, just getting them to re-affirm a rejection they already decided on ages ago. It's not irrelevant for people to want things that are more-current or more-widely-known. Those are two very valid desirablity factors in new content. Even though there are a number of RBN reissues I've been happy with and a number more that I would be happy with... it's a probabilistic fact that RBN rewind weeks are far less probable to deliver me content I'll drop moneys on, than non-RBN weeks. And I'm not alone in this.
    I get where you're coming from, but I don't mind the RBN rereleases as a lot of them are songs I didn't consider last time but have been up for having this time around. Either way, this week's songs aren't RBN so it is irrelevant to the discussion of this week's songs.

Something that is relevant to the discussion of this week's songs is that while I'm not familiar with these specific tracks, I'm pretty hyped to check them out. More Coheed and Cambria was pretty unexpected but welcome, and Greta Van Fleet seems well overdue.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Vexus said:

djb5f1 said:

I get where you're coming from, but I don't mind the RBN rereleases as a lot of them are songs I didn't consider last time but have been up for having this time around. Either way, this week's songs aren't RBN so it is irrelevant to the discussion of this week's songs.

Something that is relevant to the discussion of this week's songs is that while I'm not familiar with these specific tracks, I'm pretty hyped to check them out. More Coheed and Cambria was pretty unexpected but welcome, and Greta Van Fleet seems well overdue.
    All releases this Season and especially Spotlight songs are relevant to those deciding on buying the pass and to get an idea of what kind of songs are likely coming up the rest of the season.

This is always a big part of the discussion on the forums and of course very much relevant.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    Glad to see Greta on RockBand. I am not really familiar with their music, but I love their Zeppelin-esque sound.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    Pass on both :/
    To clarify, I realize the comment was about last week. Still felt like pointing out that there's far worse music than last week's, as my original statement was "as long as people complain about a week being terrible." Sorry I am apparently so bad at explaining things that I end up causing drama and upsetting people, all because I am tired of seeing music I like being crapped on, and want people to realize that just because you don't like something, doesn't make it without value.
  • Im honestly thrilled about the RBN re-releases despite the overwhelming negativity. A lot of it represents music I spend the better part of my teens enjoying and it’s music that has almost no chance of being DLC regularly. A lot of people arent digging it here but just scrolling through the rivals play count the RBN from last week and others are some of the most played payed content.