DLC Discussion Thread: Good Things Come in Threes

Comments

• Yeah, and it seems really unnaturally small. Quite a lot of bands have only specific tracks picked out which would fit in nicely (Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Who come to mind immediately). Not really anything that feels shoehorned in as far as I can tell apart from maybe Opeth and Between the Buried and Me.
  • I would have been pretty shocked and saddened if modern rock songs (not just these two but pretty much any) didn't have stems, and I don't usually care that much about them. Heck, I got Starships because the stems in it are kinda screwy!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    "When the Curtain Falls" is a tricky one on guitar. Haven't tried it on any other instrument yet, but from the tiers, I expect it to be challenging on everything.

No idea why "Unheavenly Creatures" is 4-dot on guitar. It should probably only be 2, maaaaybe 3.
  • TheStuddz said:

"When the Curtain Falls" is a tricky one on guitar. Haven't tried it on any other instrument yet, but from the tiers, I expect it to be challenging on everything.

No idea why "Unheavenly Creatures" is 4-dot on guitar. It should probably only be 2, maaaaybe 3.

When The Curtain Falls is kind of a pain on vocals, but I'm not a great singer and I'm pretty unfamiliar with it so that's not helping. It's fairly manageable on bass despite the high tier.

The alt-charted intro and outro are the toughest bits of Unheavenly Creatures and just push it into tier 4 for me. It's a low 4 though, would agree with a 3.
  • TheStuddz said:

Yeah it's a tricky one on Vocals too. Took me all day yesterday to finally gold star it. It is undertiered on vocals.

• Surprised to see so much love for GVF, but on a positive way, i sure hope we get more from them because they sound awesome and fun to play in the game (but challenging) also, first week of this season that i really like the songs from the spotlight pass, i was starting to regret buying it but if quality is better the rest of the season, i'll be cool with it
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

I played it on guitar and bass last night. Guitar is definitely a 5-dot tier, but bass is totally overtiered. That should be 3-dots at most. Lazaretto's bass part is harder, and that's only 4.
  • LoopyChew said:

Okay, having played WtCF on drums, I'm onboard the GVF hype train. I love that sound and I love the instrumentation.

I like the song well enough, but unfortunately it's probably not going to get much play for me. It's one of those songs whose guitar chart is personally too challenging on Expert, but too easy (and not fun) on Hard.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    The spotlight songs coming from the pass may be great for all you bassists/guitarists/drummers, but they sure as hell aren't any fun to sing on vocals.

I regret buying the season pass and if there aren't any big name, well known, popular songs added this season, there's no point in supporting Rock Band 4 any more.

Almost every week I see what Rocksmith gets and i'm saddened by what we get instead.

Whoever is selecting the songs for Rocksmith definitely has a better idea of variety, with different genres, decades and popular, well known artists being added.

The only 3 songs i've ever requested would have been fun for all...
    - Sugar by Robin Schulz (feat. Francesco Yates)... fun on vocals and i'm sure the guitar/drums would be good too
    - American Jesus by Bad Religion... the opening guitar riff and impossible drumming should be reason enough
    - The Beauty Of Gray by Live... powerful vocals along with some real bashing on the drums

But, go ahead and disagree... I really don't care any more!
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Graffin said:

I regret buying the season pass and if there aren't any big name, well known, popular songs added this season, there's no point in supporting Rock Band 4 any more.

You roll the dice when you pick up a Spotlight Pass. You need to understand the risks before you gamble.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I was kind of excited to be getting these two FotC rewinds, and then I saw that Rocksmith is getting a Joy Division 3-pack this week, and it kind of put things in perspective.
  • TheStuddz said:

I was kind of excited to be getting these two FotC rewinds, and then I saw that Rocksmith is getting a Joy Division 3-pack this week, and it kind of put things in perspective.

It works the other way too, some people in the RB community may be jealous of recent RS DLC but I'd imagine plenty of the Rocksmith community would rather have a lot of the RBN songs RB4 has been getting over the past 5 months than the DLC they're currently getting.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Parts of your post are self contradictory...
    Graffin said:

... if there aren't any big name, well known, popular songs added this season...

The only 3 songs i've ever requested would have been fun for all...

- Sugar by Robin Schulz (feat. Francesco Yates)... never heard of him, but I recognize the chorus because, you do realize, that song is hugely sampled, and probably doesn’t stand a chance of getting in.

- American Jesus by Bad Religion... I’d take it, but even if they are one of the better known punk rock bands, I’d hardly consider them a “big name”.
    - The Beauty Of Gray by Live... I’d personally take just about anything more from Live, but this is FAR from a well known or popular track from them.

Not disagreeing with your thoughts or opinion of what’s good or not, just on not sure I follow your premise with those examples.
  • Not got much to say about American Jesus or The Beauty of Gray, but I don't think Sugar would be that fun on guitar. It's literally the same riff over and over for over three and a half minutes. It's a nice riff but it would get boring so, so quickly. Bass doesn't leave much of an impression on me and the drums part seems similarly samey. Good song, probably not a good choice for Rock Band in my opinion.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Won’t lie, the only thing that got me through the whole song were the girls in the video.
  • djb5f1 said:

Won’t lie, the only thing that got me through the whole song were the girls in the video.

That's not the song Graffin was requesting, just a song it samples.

• When the Curtain Falls is so much better than everything else released this season it isn't even funny. I haven't had that much fun with a bass chart in awhile. Guitar is a bit of a problem cuz dat solo... But I can deal with it cuz the song is good.

Unheavenly Creatures is ok.. But it isn't in the same galaxy as Welcome Home. Not fair perhaps, but one is an epic song full of great riffs that is super fun to play. The other is an ok song where I collected my FC and will probably never play it again unless someone picks it online.
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned

When the Curtain Falls is so much better than everything else released this season it isn't even funny. I haven't had that much fun with a bass chart in awhile. Guitar is a bit of a problem cuz dat solo... But I can deal with it cuz the song is good.

Agree completely from the drums standpoint, also one of the funnest songs to play!

• DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited October 4

When the Curtain Falls is so much better than everything else released this season it isn't even funny. I haven't had that much fun with a bass chart in awhile. Guitar is a bit of a problem cuz dat solo... But I can deal with it cuz the song is good.

Unheavenly Creatures is ok.. But it isn't in the same galaxy as Welcome Home. Not fair perhaps, but one is an epic song full of great riffs that is super fun to play. The other is an ok song where I collected my FC and will probably never play it again unless someone picks it online.

Unheavenly should have been replaced with Dark Sentencer or Gutter for sure. Unheavenly is the weakest song on the album according to my friend who got his copy early through the mail today!
  • iuggiboyiuggiboy Unsigned
    EliBell1 said:

Sound quality of these two new songs = ?

Legit stems for both, so great quality!

I’ve played several times and I’m pretty sure that When The Curtains Falls has NO proper stems.