October 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: Rock Band 4 is Now the Longest Supported Rock Band Game

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited September 27

Didn't HMX already say Halloween week's DLC wasn't going to be Halloween themed?

Did they? Either way, they have been very clear over the years that releasing music tied to a specific event was a bad marketing move. "Love" is a popular topic year round, so sometimes we get a broadly-themed but fun-all-year-long pack in the middle of February. Isn't there an appeal to "creepy, spooky music" all year long? Maybe not for everyone ...

On October 25 2011 we were offered Rob Zombie, White Zombie, and The Darkness as DLC. Was that before they stated, "no more Halloween themed packs"? Or are they saying that was broadly-themed enough that it doesn't really count as a "Halloween Pack"?

We definitely won't get "Monster Mash".
    We almost certainly won't get "Everyday is Halloween" (even though this idea resonates strongly with me)
    If we haven't been told, explicitly, "no Halloween themed music this October", then I suppose we MIGHT get offered some of the "spooky" songs that are mentioned above, ones that aren't explicitly about Halloween.

Do we have an official ruling on this statement? Maybe someone can find a link to a previous post that was made on these boards or on Reddit, something that would settle this question?
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    They mentioned last year that Halloween week DLC would not have Halloween themed songs but I don’t think they mentioned anything this year.
  • It's a crime to not have Halloween by Helloween released as Halloween dlc yet. The full 13 minutes of course!
  • I predict the following great song:

The Zombies - Time Of The Season
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    I would gladly take Halloween by the Dave Matthews Band or the Halloween theme from the movie (John Carpenter) however that is alt-charted.
  • I predict the following great song:

:o
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior

Didn't HMX already say Halloween week's DLC wasn't going to be Halloween themed?

Yeah, they've stated before that the Rob Zombie dlc was the only Halloween themed releases they've done because of the "Zombie" reference. It's been kind of sad with the lack of holiday themed dlc overall in the recent years, but Halloween especially seems like a missed opportunity. If not Rob Zombie, how about some more Ghost?
    I definitely remember the Siouxsie and the Banshees pack from 08 being considered Halloween dlc
  • Another October will come and another year I'll be a sad panda that we still have NOTHING from Type O Negative! :cry:
  • I am gonna predict a spooky RBN week for the week of Halloween

Jonathan Coulton - "Creepy Doll"
    Septicflesh - "Anubis"
    Powerman 5000 - "V is for Vampire"
    Richard Campbell - "The Modern Prometheus"

I am sure there is spookier stuff (outside of Creepy Doll) but this is based off of what I own

Wonderful prediction, especially that Septicflesh song!
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited September 28
    djb5f1 said:

They mentioned last year that Halloween week DLC would not have Halloween themed songs but I don’t think they mentioned anything this year.

I thought something was said last month about no Halloween themed DLC but maybe I was thinking of last year's comments, @HMXOwl would know for sure whether something has been mentioned about it.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    tdc002 said:

I predict the following great song:

It's a shame we never got that back in the RB3 days. The harmonies plus that keyboard solo would have made it perfect for that game.
    I wonder if there were stem issues at the time. IIRC, Unplugged had She's Not There as DLC and the keys were a solo at some point.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    It's amazing what one Greta Van Fleet song can do for your spirits. I haven't been that excited about a DLC reveal in a few weeks, but now I'm counting down the minutes until 10 am. It helps that Loopy said he'll enjoy singing this week's tracks, as we generally have somewhat similar opinions.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Telling us it's an RBN repeat with 7 minutes to go, what kind of hint is that?!?
    Pretty sneaky ...

(fun to sing indeed)
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I can't really give hints with the little lead time I get. >_>
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 2
    I can't find the comment about Halloween DLC this year not being Halloween focused so I'll change my predictions a bit:

10/11 - 2018 songs
    Twenty One Pilots - "Jumpsuit" (spotlight pass)
    Imagine Dragons - "Natural" (spotlight pass)

10/18 - Free Rivals songs and 2 paid new songs
    2 RWBY songs
    Bring Me the Horizon - "Mantra" (spotlight pass)
    Disturbed - "Are You Ready" (spotlight pass)

10/25 - Variety RBN songs
    Flight of the Conchords - "Demon Woman"
    Band of Horses - "The Funeral"
    Jonathan Coulton - "Creepy Doll" (spotlight pass)

• I reckon the DLC for Halloween won't be specifically Halloween themed but the Rivals challenge will (albeit tangentially, kinda like it was for Valentine's/International Women's Day).
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    Vexus said:

I reckon the DLC for Halloween won't be specifically Halloween themed but the Rivals challenge will (albeit tangentially, kinda like it was for Valentine's/International Women's Day).

Honestly, you could throw a dartboard at a random list of metal songs and find something Halloween appropriate (but not necessarily Halloween themed). But also, we haven't gotten any Halloween themed DLC since RB4 launched, so I'm not really expecting any.

I think you're right about the Rivals challenge being Halloween themed (since it leads right up to Halloween).
  • tdc002 said:

Vexus said:

I reckon the DLC for Halloween won't be specifically Halloween themed but the Rivals challenge will (albeit tangentially, kinda like it was for Valentine's/International Women's Day).

Honestly, you could throw a dartboard at a random list of metal songs and find something Halloween appropriate (but not necessarily Halloween themed). But also, we haven't gotten any Halloween themed DLC since RB4 launched, so I'm not really expecting any.

I think you're right about the Rivals challenge being Halloween themed (since it leads right up to Halloween).
    "A random list of metal songs" is probably what the challenge would be too, for the most part.
    sny said:

tdc002 said:

Honestly, you could throw a dartboard at a random list of metal songs and find something Halloween appropriate (but not necessarily Halloween themed).

I've heard of throwing darts to pick something at random before, but you have to be pretty angry to throw dartboards to achieve the same. ;)
    I think my point went over your head. My point was Harmonix could release pretty much any random metal song and claim it's Halloween DLC simply because it's metal.
  • tdc002 said:

I think my point went over your head.

At least it wasn't the dartboard!
    Since next week is (presumably) new stuff, I'm gonna go with "Performance" by White Denim. Their new album came out in late August and they're currently on tour.
This discussion has been closed.