October 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: Rock Band 4 is Now the Longest Supported Rock Band Game

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 14
    Adjusting my prediction 1 more time (mostly just rearranging already made predictions):

10/18 - Disturbed 05
    The Best Ones Lie (spotlight pass)
    Are You Ready
    The Night

10/25 - Free Rivals songs and 1 2018 song
    2 RWBY songs
    Bring Me the Horizon - "Mantra" (spotlight pass)

With my final season week prediction being:

11/1 - Even More 2018 songs
    Twenty One Pilots - "Jumpsuit" (spotlight pass)
    Imagine Dragons - "Natural" (spotlight pass)
  • Just a thought going back to the discussions about Rivals Challenge themes: If Gimme Chocolate isn't a spotlight song in a Halloween one, I'm done.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I'm gonna predict some more RBN tracks today. Unsure as to whether they'll be ones I like or not, but why break the sequence now?
  • The RBN + new tease has been revealed to be Of Mice & Men (2 RBN + 1 new), wrong week but my first prediction of the month got 2 songs right.
    edited October 16
    TheStuddz said:

...RBN tracks today...ones I like...not...

• This is the first week where the 25% discount doesn't apply to the whole week, only the 2018 song.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The pricing is consistent with what we've seen before, no discount for songs Previously Seen on the RBN. The difference is that there's a pack discount: it doesn't make the deal any better than buying all of the songs separately, EXCEPT the discount isn't just for the first week of sales.
    edited October 16
    While the artist we got this week isn't up my alley, I do love the idea of artist packs that blend new and old. If this continues to be a thing, I'd love to get a few of these before Rock Band goes back to sleep:

Alien Ant Farm 01
    Glow
    Movies
    Wish

Alien Ant Farm 02
    Courage
    Smooth Criminal
    These Days

Band of Horses 01
    Casual Party
    The Funeral
    No One's Gonna Love You

Band of Horses 02
    The Great Salt Lake
    Is There a Ghost
    Laredo

The Bronx 01
    Past Lives
    Too Many Devils
    Young Bloods

Mastodon 01
    Colony of Birchmen
    Megalodon
    The Motherload

OK Go 01
    Get Over It
    Here It Goes Again
    White Knuckles

Ra Ra Riot 01
    Boy
    Can You Tell
    Water

The Shins 01
    Australia
    Phantom Limb
    Simple Song

The Shins 02
    Caring is Creepy
    Saint Simon
    So Says I

Third Eye Blind 01
    How's it Going to Be
    Never Let You Go
    Semi-Charmed Life

The Tragically Hip 01
    Blow at High Dough
    Bobcaygeon
    New Orleans is Sinking
  • My 2 ideal combo rbn new packs would be

Clutch

50000 unstoppable watts
    Mob goes wild
    Electric worry

Reverend Horton Heat

Indigo friends
    Death metal guys
    Psychobilly freak out
    edited October 16
    Here's some of my ideal ones:

Band of Horses 01
    Casual Party
    The Funeral
    No One's Gonna Love You

Twin Atlantic 01
    I Am Alive
    Audience and Audio
    What is Light? Where is Laughter?

A Day to Remember 01
    It's Complicated
    Better Off This Way
    Naviety

Alestorm 01
    Shipwrecked
    Back Through Time
    Keelhauled

Asking Alexandria 01
    The Final Episode
    Hey There Mr Brooks
    Into the Fire

Seether 01
    Remedy
    Fine Again
    Gasoline

Sleeping With Sirens 01
    If You Can't Hang
    If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn
    Gold

All That Remains 02
    Hold On
    The Waiting One
    Six
  • Jerry Lee Lewis 01

Great Balls Of Fire
    Whole Lot Of Shaking Going On
    Rockin' My Life Away

Going by impact on charts and sales his third song should be Breathless. But I wanted to change it up since Breathless sounds too much like the others. Rockin' My Life Away is from his great self titled Elektra album from 1979.
  • @TheStuddz You say before RB goes back to sleep, do you think there'll be a hiatus next year or something like that?

@TheStuddz You say before RB goes back to sleep, do you think there'll be a hiatus next year or something like that?

I sure hope not, but you never know. It's not a question of if, but when.
  • D'oh!

I forgot to finish the rest of my updated prediction.

The Jerry Lee Lewis pack 01 above is my prediction for next week.

Then I predict the following for the week of Halloween:

The Hooters - All You Zombies
    The Zombies - Time Of The Season
    Bobby "Boris" Pickett & The Crypt Kickers - Monster Mash
  • TheStuddz said:

@TheStuddz You say before RB goes back to sleep, do you think there'll be a hiatus next year or something like that?

I like to hope there's at least a small possibility that RB4 support lasts until a RB5 on next gen but honestly in all of this, the instruments situation is the biggest concern.
  • Go on then, I'll jump on the "RBN rerelease plus new stuff packs" bandwagon. I'll post a slightly amended version in my USL thread too that accounts for duplications in songs I've already requested.

The Agonist 01: Thank You, Pain; Gates of Horn and Ivory; Business Suits and Combat Boots
    Alestorm 01: Shipwrecked; Keelhauled; Wenches and Mead
    Alestorm 02: Back Through Time; Captain Morgan's Revenge; Drink
    Amberian Dawn 01: Valkyries; Incubus; Magic Forest
    Arch Enemy 01: Nemesis; My Apocalypse; You Will Know My Name
    Band of Skulls 01: I Know What I Am; Himalayan; Asleep at the Wheel
    Devin Townsend 01: Ziltoidia Attaxx!!!; Rejoice; Fallout
    The Dillinger Escape Plan 01: Farewell, Mona Lisa; Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants; Milk Lizard
    Dir En Grey 01: Dozing Green; Hageshisa to, Kono Mune no Naka de Karamitsuita Shakunetsu no Yami; Merciless Cult
    Freezepop 02: Special Effects; Pop Music Is Not a Crime; Phantoms
    In This Moment 01: The Gun Show; Mechanical Love; Beautiful Tragedy
    iwrestledabearonce 01: You Ain't No Family; Boat Paddle; You Know That Ain't Them Dogs' Real Voice*
    Kittie 01: The Truth; Cut Throat; Charlotte
    Lacuna Coil 01: Survive; House of Shame; Heaven's A Lie
    Mastodon 01: Megalodon; The Motherload; Oblivion
    Psychostick 01: This Is Not a Song, It's a Sandwich!; Introvert Party Time; Dogs Like Socks*
    Psychostick 02: Political Bum; Obey the Beard; We Ran Out of CD Space
    Skindred 01: Stand for Something; Warning; Kill the Power
    Sonata Arctica 01: Flag In the Ground; Closer To an Animal; Tallulah
    Twin Atlantic 01: What is Light? Where is Laughter?; Audience and Audio; Heart and Soul

*These songs would also make a pack with "Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over" by The Devil Wears Prada called "Dog Facts Pack 01".
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Dangit, now I want a Dog Facts Pack 01.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited October 17

TheStuddz said:

I like to hope there's at least a small possibility that RB4 support lasts until a RB5 on next gen but honestly in all of this, the instruments situation is the biggest concern.
    @HMXOwl has stated time and again that not only is the current state of this game stable, it's actually building revenue with their current model.

Given that, I think we will still see content well into the future because of people like you and me and thousands of others. We are all committed (possibly forever at this point :D ) to supporting this franchise.

The only things that seem to hang in the balance at the moment are:

-Future updates and/or expansions
    -New instruments
    edited October 17

TheStuddz said:

@HMXOwl has stated time and again that not only is the current state of this game stable, it's actually building revenue with their current model.

Given that, I think we will still see content well into the future because of people like you and me and thousands of others. We are all committed (possibly forever at this point :D ) to supporting this franchise.

The only things that seem to hang in the balance at the moment are:

-Future updates and/or expansions
    -New instruments
    That's the situation really, some day the bad instruments situation if not resolved will negatively impact this. People who play guitar/bass/drums and buy DLC will have broken instruments at some point and the replacement options will be ridiculously expensive so they just stop playing and buying DLC.

On the actual DLC front, quantity is about the same this year as a typical RB4 era year. The biggest concern people may have about DLC is how older music has been very limited since May but the holiday season is usually older music and modern pop so I don't think there's reason to be concerned yet if you're worried about that.
    I would like to believe that, eventually, once the secondhand prices for instruments goes up enough, they can find someone to put out another batch. But if the number of users gets too small, it still wouldn't be worth their while to do this. Maybe a guitar starts selling for $250, but dumping 2,500 new units into the supply might drop the market price back down to $50 for months after that IF only a thousand people were desperate for a new guitar (or two, as a back-up).

Maybe my numbers are off by some factor but the idea is the same ... it can't be worth their while to fire up a new batch of guitars if they aren't cranking out "a bunch of them", even if the first few hundred would sell REALLY well.

Isn't that pretty much what happened when PDP put out their one-and-done surge of instruments?
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    Sonata Arctica 01
    Flag In The Ground
    Replica
    Wolf And Raven

Alestorm 01
    Shipwrecked
    Drink
    Mexico

Alestorm 02
    Back Through Time
    Alestorm
    Walk The Plank
    And here I was thinking that I would be donating my lottery winnings towards getting music that _I_ really want.
    It sounds like @WeezerGeek888icus has a better plan for the world: fate is surely on their side
  • BaronRob said:

Sonata Arctica 01
    Flag In The Ground
    Replica
    Wolf And Raven

I'd need The Cage in a Sonata Arctica pack.
  • BaronRob said:

Sonata Arctica 01
    Flag In The Ground
    Replica
    Wolf And Raven

I need power metal in general. Blind Guardian, Helloween and even MANOWAR.
  • Wildcat15 said:

BaronRob said:

Sonata Arctica 01
    Flag In The Ground
    Replica
    Wolf And Raven

Out of those bands... I prefer Sonata Arctica by miles.
  • BaronRobBaronRob Unsigned
    Wildcat15 said:

BaronRob said:

Sonata Arctica 01
    Flag In The Ground
    Replica
    Wolf And Raven

Agree (except not into Manowar), but none of those had an RBN song to start with.
  • Guess I will have to be the one to make an Ayreon pack

Ayreon 01
    Dawn of a Million Souls
    Everybody Dies
    The Garden of Emotions

damn it is super hard to trim down an Ayreon pack to just 3 songs
  • MistressDeviantMistressDeviant Unsigned
    edited October 18
    Well, no new Disturbed this week, but there still might be a chance for the rest of the year. For next week, I know they say nothing Halloween related, but I think the possibility of a "Candy" theme makes sense, telling me next week will most likely be Pop music dlc. Although, we have yet to see Alternative, Grunge, etc. for a "Sour" flavor theme, making me want to "resurrect" a new Alice in Chains dlc prediction, even if it has a snowball's chance in Hell of coming true.
This discussion has been closed.