October 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: Rock Band 4 is Now the Longest Supported Rock Band Game

Comments

• Pop challenge with something like Shadow, My Blood (Twenty One Pilots) and In My Blood (Shawn Mendes) as spotlights could work (if Halloween themed happens).
  • MannyG14MannyG14 Unsigned
    Is this the prog week? BtBaM pack with the rbn songs maybe?
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    MannyG14 said:

Is this the prog week? BtBaM pack with the rbn songs maybe?

I have to guess they're counting the week they dropped Coheed and Cambria to be the requisite prog content of this half-year.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 22
    Well we know from the spotlight pass that at least 1 of the 2 remaining weeks of the season isn't an artist pack. If the season pattern continues, this week's paid DLC is 2 2018 songs (1 song per artist) followed by a week that has at least some RBN songs where the spotlight song is either RBN or 2018.
  • I think it might be worth considering what genres have been covered by the season thus far and what's missing. Country and mainstream pop come to mind as genres that haven't been in the season as of yet. I'd argue "proper" metal too, but Halestorm, Of Mice and Men and The Devil Wears Prada are probably close enough for most people.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Vexus said:

I think it might be worth considering what genres have been covered by the season thus far and what's missing. Country and mainstream pop come to mind as genres that haven't been in the season as of yet. I'd argue "proper" metal too, but Halestorm, Of Mice and Men and The Devil Wears Prada are probably close enough for most people.

Let's get some New Wave this season.

'bout time we got "Stacy's Mom"
    edited October 23
    Based on the DLC this season and its challenges, I'm seeing the most likely for the 2018 week being:
    - Mainstream pop
    - Country (e.g. Carrie Underwood + Keith Urban)
    - Grunge/alternative (e.g. Alice in Chains + Stone Temple Pilots)
    - More metal (e.g. Ghost + Disturbed)

Metal is a challenge related situation, there's been unusual gaps in the season so far like no Avenged Sevenfold and very limited classic metal.
  • edited October 23

Based on the DLC this season and its challenges, I'm seeing the most likely for the 2018 week being:
    - Mainstream pop

Metal is a challenge related situation, there's been unusual gaps in the season so far like no Avenged Sevenfold and very limited classic metal.

I considered alternative, but didn't go for it since I reckoned Wallows, Young the Giant and CHVRCHES would probably have been a big enough alternative fix for Harmonix. Like, I know CHVRCHES should really go under "Pop/Dance/Electronic" but they're placed where they're placed. Part of me wonders if that was a request by the band or something, similar to the situation with Drowning Pool not being called "Nu-metal" anymore...
    GLaDOS said:

Vexus said:

I think it might be worth considering what genres have been covered by the season thus far and what's missing. Country and mainstream pop come to mind as genres that haven't been in the season as of yet. I'd argue "proper" metal too, but Halestorm, Of Mice and Men and The Devil Wears Prada are probably close enough for most people.

Let's get some New Wave this season.

'bout time we got "Stacy's Mom"
    If this was a request thread, I'd agree with you. I don't see either coming this season since Stacy's Mom wasn't on RBN, and it's certainly not a current song. Similar thing with New Wave - there's not much on RBN (about 12 acts, at least one of which isn't labelled as New Wave in RB4), it's not a current genre, and pretty much anyone who's making new music that's a throwback to it would end up labelled under Pop/Dance/Electronic, Alternative or Indie Rock.
    edited October 23
    Vexus said:

- Mainstream pop

I considered alternative, but didn't go for it since I reckoned Wallows, Young the Giant and CHVRCHES would probably have been a big enough alternative fix for Harmonix. Like, I know CHVRCHES should really go under "Pop/Dance/Electronic" but they're placed where they're placed. Part of me wonders if that was a request by the band or something, similar to the situation with Drowning Pool not being called "Nu-metal" anymore...
    Plenty of mainstream pop gets sorted under alternative nowadays, you even have spotlight pass examples (Feel It Still, A Sky Full of Stars). The newest song sorted under Pop-Rock or Pop/Dance/Electronic in a spotlight pass is Unwritten (2004).

So I don't think 3 songs sorted under alternative means much, hence why I think DLC more fitting for the alternative sorting is possible.
  • I think it means something given that at least two of them actually fit under the "alternative" spotlight without being shoehorned in, and the third is more "electronic" than "pop" or "dance" and, like I said, might have been a request from the band because they're not full-on pop.
    edited October 23
    Or, you know, they have two singles that charted to the top 15 this year on Billboard's "Alternative Songs" chart, the one chart on which they have the most success because Alternative radio stations play them but Pop radio stations don't.

• So October ends with Octavision and Starset, this season has been a really weird one and there's 1 week to go.

So October ends with Octavision and Starset, this season has been a really weird one and there's 1 week to go.

But if there's anything to patterns, next week is just an RBN artist.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Wake Me Up When This Season Ends
This discussion has been closed.