how to export or get rock band 3 songs onto my ps4

i never owned a ps3 or the rock band 3 disc for the ps3 .and dont have access to a PS3 console . i would like to have many of the songs from the ps3 disc on my ps4 but am confused on how or if i can do this in a previous post from another member i read --- "You can get 25 or 6 to 4, Radar Love, and Smoke On The Water by exporting Rock Band 3 on a Playstation 3, since that's still available. I did that and had those songs in my library since two years ago (And I'm a PS4 Player, by the way)."
can i do this procedure simply by purchasing a rock band 3 CD from ebay and sliding it into my ps4, then going through the export process or would i have to have a ps3 console directly connected to my ps4 , in one procedure they talk about purchasing the RB3 Disc Export Pack.,i dont have a problem buying these songs / or packs that are required i just dont know how or if i can make it happen thank you paul

Comments

• You need to play the game on a PS3 using your PlayStation account. PS3 discs don't work in PS4.
  • edited September 26
    1. Get a Playstation 3
    2. Get a Playstation 3 Copy of Rock Band 3
    3. Play the PS3 Copy Rock Band 3 on the PS3 until you get some Trophies
    4. Then turn on your PS4 and play your PS4 copy of Rock Band 4, choose the In-Game Music Store, and then Export. Choose Rock Band 3. (Alternatively, just go to the playstation store, and search up Rock Band 3 Export)

I hope this helped. :)
  • Alternately, if you have access to a friend's PS3 with Internet access, log your account into it and play it on that!
  • unfortunatly i dont know anyone who has a ps3 but just to recap ..if i did have access to a ps3 i would have to buy the ps3 rock band disc , hook up my ps4 intruments to the ps3, play rock band under my account until i earn trophies(specific trophies or just a certain number of trophies?) then turn on my ps4 play my rock band 4 go to the store and choose export? would i have to earn trophies playing the specific songs i want to export? i will probably end up out of luck because i dont see myself being able to borrow a ps3 and buying one strictly for this purpose isnt feasible.i bought the rock band 4 game and instruments strictly for the purpose of playing rock band on my son in laws ps4 and havent done or invested in any gaming ever since my kids were little playing WII. my gaming knowledge and terminolgy are non existent ,so thank you for bearing with me
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    The PS4 instruments (except for the microphone) don't work, but more or less that's what you need to do, yes.

I don't know if you even need a trophy or just to play. It might take a day or so for the export to become available.
  • edited October 1
    LoopyChew said:

The PS4 instruments (except for the microphone) don't work, but more or less that's what you need to do, yes.

I don't know if you even need a trophy or just to play. It might take a day or so for the export to become available.

I've gotten the export on the first day that I've gotten the game by getting some trophies on the game (My birthday, which is November 11th, in 2016), and I can confirm that it doesn't take a day or so for the export to become available. :)