Can you still get Rivals achievements and if so what is the plan for when Rivals ends?

grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
edited September 30 in Rock Band
I was playing Forza Horizon 3 the past few days and got a huge number of Forzathon achievements from what seem to be Forzathon events from many months ago. As Forzathon is a limited time event and so are Rivals challenges, it got me thinking about the Rivals achievements.

Are the achievements related to Rivals mode still possible to obtain given how much Rivals has changed since October 2016 and if so will there be a way to unlock them after the final Rivals challenge has happened (if there is a final challenge)?

The achievements in question are:
All I Do is Pin - Earned your first Individual Badge.
Crew's in Charge - Helped earn a Crew Badge.
Higher Ground - Got your Crew promoted to a higher Tier.

I got these back in 2016 but I'm thinking long term like how the Locked In achievement was still possible even after the removal of stage presence from all modes except Career.

Comments

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    You can still get them now.

Not sure there is a plan for when Rivals challenges end but I imagine they will be unobtainable at that point, similar to many other games.

Still holding out hope they add a reach Rank 100 trophy before it is over.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 30
    djb5f1 said:

Yeah I've been patiently awaiting more trophies to come. I'm at 100% and have been for months now (took me awhile to hit 50 because I was playing less) but I'm currently level 90. So not far from the 100 target. I'd be cool if they added 50 more levels to make the max level 200 and added trophies for 100, 150, and 200.

Edit: I'd be cool if they added the old Hopos trophy back in too but make it higher. Like 100,000 Hopos hit without strumming them. Give us something challenging in that aspect.
  • edited October 1
    I wouldn't be against HOPOs but reaching levels 150 and 200... I wish I had the time to play that much. I'd be super happy to hit 100 and I imagine most of the playerbase could not even reach that making the trophies unobtainable for most.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 1

djb5f1 said:

Yeah I've been patiently awaiting more trophies to come. I'm at 100% and have been for months now (took me awhile to hit 50 because I was playing less) but I'm currently level 90. So not far from the 100 target. I'd be cool if they added 50 more levels to make the max level 200 and added trophies for 100, 150, and 200.

Edit: I'd be cool if they added the old Hopos trophy back in too but make it higher. Like 100,000 Hopos hit without strumming them. Give us something challenging in that aspect.
    Given the XP reduction, I'd guess a level cap increase wouldn't be needed until sometime late next year. Anyone anywhere close to 150 will have done insane grinding during season 6's massive brutal mode XP bonus.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited October 1
    Adding trophies is way too expensive for it to be something that Harmonix should be pursuing. But dare to dream, I suppose?

Normally, I LIKE having trophies that can be completed in a finite amount of time, a way of letting me know, "OK, you've done everything, you can move on to another game now!". But with RB4, there's reason to think people might want to keep playing it "forever". Most of the DLC from the past 10 years can be imported or purchased, so there are enough songs available that one could play dozens of them every week and not repeat any of them for years. And the dedicated peripherals are expensive enough that it would be crazy to have goals / trophies that are possible to finish in a few days [like the new Spiderman game?].

I'm sure trophy-hunters already avoid the Rock Band series, so how much more mad would they be if even MORE "you are required to grind for months, or years" trophies were added? Me, I'm still missing 9 trophies from Rock Band 3, and 22 from Rock Band 4, and 24 from Rock Band 2, and 26 from The Beatles: RB, and a whole bunch from the other discs. I don't think there are too few trophies, or that they are too easy to earn. But this isn't about me, is it? It's about the few hundred truly obsessed fans, and Harmonix wouldn't be dumb if they considered making changes that only affected this one group. No, they shouldn't spend $$$ to add new trophies just for this small band of super-elites, but what would it hurt the company to increase the maximum level of the in-game counter? Maybe HMX has determined that refusing to count past level 100 keeps those obsessive fans even more obsessed, that the waiting and pleading for a new maximum to be added to the in-game counter becomes a kind of real-world trophy grind for its customers.

Each successive level becomes harder and harder to reach. Maybe HMX did the math and determined that anyone that was already over level 100 back when that was added was actually playing too much, that these obsessive fans were breaking instruments faster than they could be manufactured. And now that no new instruments are being made? It has become even MORE essential that we stop these people!

tl;dr blitz mode confirmed
  • Adding trophies is way too expensive for it to be something that Harmonix should be pursuing. But dare to dream, I suppose?

Normally, I LIKE having trophies that can be completed in a finite amount of time, a way of letting me know, "OK, you've done everything, you can move on to another game now!". But with RB4, there's reason to think people might want to keep playing it "forever". Most of the DLC from the past 10 years can be imported or purchased, so there are enough songs available that one could play dozens of them every week and not repeat any of them for years. And the dedicated peripherals are expensive enough that it would be crazy to have goals / trophies that are possible to finish in a few days [like the new Spiderman game?].

I'm sure trophy-hunters already avoid the Rock Band series, so how much more mad would they be if even MORE "you are required to grind for months, or years" trophies were added? Me, I'm still missing 9 trophies from Rock Band 3, and 22 from Rock Band 4, and 24 from Rock Band 2, and 26 from The Beatles: RB, and a whole bunch from the other discs. I don't think there are too few trophies, or that they are too easy to earn. But this isn't about me, is it? It's about the few hundred truly obsessed fans, and Harmonix wouldn't be dumb if they considered making changes that only affected this one group. No, they shouldn't spend $$$ to add new trophies just for this small band of super-elites, but what would it hurt the company to increase the maximum level of the in-game counter? Maybe HMX has determined that refusing to count past level 100 keeps those obsessive fans even more obsessed, that the waiting and pleading for a new maximum to be added to the in-game counter becomes a kind of real-world trophy grind for its customers.

Each successive level becomes harder and harder to reach. Maybe HMX did the math and determined that anyone that was already over level 100 back when that was added was actually playing too much, that these obsessive fans were breaking instruments faster than they could be manufactured. And now that no new instruments are being made? It has become even MORE essential that we stop these people!

tl;dr blitz mode confirmed

Blitz mode would cost more than adding trophies.

-- And about trophy hunters, they shouldn't start music games in general if they don't plan to stick with them. I'm on plenty of trophy sites and have seen how they act when any game adds dlc trophies (Rocket League seems to be a big one.. and Warframe). You should sort of expect it these days yet they all still cry like it's the end of the world lol.
    edited October 1
    jkald said:

I wouldn't be against HOPOs but reaching levels 150 and 200... I wish I had the time to play that much. I'd be super happy to hit 100 and I imagine most of the playerbase could not even reach that making the trophies unobtainable for most.

They are obtainable. They just would take several years if you didn't have much playtime. There's actual trophies that are "unobtainable" (usually a developer who codes poorly and makes a poor trophy like "Ride a wall for 65 seconds, do a backflip, shoot the enemy in the head and t-bag him all within three minutes) [lame example but have seen stuff like this lol] so there's a big difference. :)
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited October 1
    I am no elite Rock Band player (closing in on 900 on Bass my best/favorite instrument) so I have a lot of trophies not obtained from the Rock Band series. I am a trophy hunter (not obsessive) and have 57 platinums as it gives me more reasons to play a game to its fullest.

And I would LOVE a Level 100 trophy similar to what a lot of games do to show commitment (so many multiplayer games like SW Battlefront for example).

I don’ think there is much of a cost factor implementing trophies. And they have more use in my opinion than in-game badges or achievements.

Plus having a level 100 trophy gives people more incentive to play the game longer and buy more songs to keep it fresh. I know I would!
  • jkald said:

They are obtainable. They just would take several years if you didn't have much playtime. There's actual trophies that are "unobtainable" (usually a developer who codes poorly and makes a poor trophy like "Ride a wall for 65 seconds, do a backflip, shoot the enemy in the head and t-bag him all within three minutes) [lame example but have seen stuff like this lol] so there's a big difference. :)
    I started playing Rock Band 4 on a consistent basis since last year October or November. I'm level 90 now and it's almost the only game I play these days. I think I get at least 4 hours in every week. As a grown man with a job, business and friends, 150 and 200 seems unobtainable and off-putting.

I like the trophies in RB4 because they require skill but are doable. Most RB games are not so. I did get 1000 points in RB2 back in the day though. And I consider that my greatest gaming accomplishment. However, I might just be a filthy casual.
  • jkald said:

jkald said:

I started playing Rock Band 4 on a consistent basis since last year October or November. I'm level 90 now and it's almost the only game I play these days. I think I get at least 4 hours in every week. As a grown man with a job, business and friends, 150 and 200 seems unobtainable and off-putting.

I like the trophies in RB4 because they require skill but are doable. Most RB games are not so. I did get 1000 points in RB2 back in the day though. And I consider that my greatest gaming accomplishment. However, I might just be a filthy casual.
    Nice job on the 1000 in RB2! I never even attempted the endless setlist in that. I never enjoyed those LOL
    RB3's list is definitely one of the harder ones. Green Day's "Tre trophy" is ridiculous too.
    I'm level 90 too. I didn't play much at all for several months and have managed level 90. Most of my level ups were from Rivals adding rewards and playing more (which turns into about 12-15 hours a week [now it's more like 3-4 though since the crashing issues...) now)
    I still think a level 100 trophy is fair though. Trophies aren't meant to be "easy" anyway.
  • edited October 3

jkald said:

jkald said:

Nice job on the 1000 in RB2! I never even attempted the endless setlist in that. I never enjoyed those LOL
    RB3's list is definitely one of the harder ones. Green Day's "Tre trophy" is ridiculous too.
    I'm level 90 too. I didn't play much at all for several months and have managed level 90. Most of my level ups were from Rivals adding rewards and playing more (which turns into about 12-15 hours a week [now it's more like 3-4 though since the crashing issues...) now)
    I still think a level 100 trophy is fair though. Trophies aren't meant to be "easy" anyway.
    Thanks! I actually got sick after the bladder of steel trophy haha.

Wow, this crashing sure doesn't help. I haven't experienced it luckily.

Agreed with the level 100 even though trophy hunters would be pissed. Personally I'd also like the HOPO trophy and maybe a drum roll one as well even though instrument specific ones might irk some people. Trophies have gotten significantly easier in games these days, I believe.

Rivals is definitely keeping me playing but if there wouldn't be that, I might not as much as I do now even. Missions would be another option but I'm not a fan how they are implemented now.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    The Rock Band series is definitely not a trophy hunters game. You have to be very skilled and there are HW costs. Very rare platinums for sure.

A Level 100 trophy would be perfect for those who play this game in Rivals or just for fun. They already did Level 50 many months back so it would naturally fit at this point. Much prefer that to a HOPO trophy which is sort of grindy itself.

And for Harmonix, Level 100 would help drive people playing and buying more songs for those who want to complete it (trophy hunters or people who just want to achieve everything in the game).
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    "I want it to happen so I will assume it's cheap and easy for Harmonix to make it happen"

Magical thinking!

"But you don't understand, I REALLY want them to add this trophy. And so do others. And here's my reasoning why they need to do this..."

Still no. Sorry. I don't make the rules, I just pass on the cold hard truth.
    Of course you should feel free to keep dreaming, but please don't start claiming that HMX is ignoring you / hates you / has SLAPPED YOU IN THE FACE when it never actually happens.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 3
    I don't think RB4 will get anymore achievements/trophies. HMX has already said that paid expansions are the key to RB4 getting more achievements/trophies and a second expansion is seeming increasingly unlikely. That RB4's fate is the fans run out of playable instruments (we've already seen this to an extent with drums, the prices are insane for any drums path).
  • That's why we need a mode like Blitz that uses regular controllers.
    No one loves spending hundreds or thousands of dollars for something they can't use.
  • HMX has already said that paid expansions are the key to RB4 getting more achievements/trophies

Well they are wrong as we've proven several times. They just don't want to put forth the effort.
  • HMX has already said that paid expansions are the key to RB4 getting more achievements/trophies

Well they are wrong as we've proven several times. They just don't want to put forth the effort.
    Unless you've spoken to your game studio's Sony and Microsoft reps, that's quite a bold claim. You don't even know the rules or the work involved, so why are you so willing to call people lazy?
    edited October 6
    HMXOwl said:

HMX has already said that paid expansions are the key to RB4 getting more achievements/trophies

Unless you've spoken to your game studio's Sony and Microsoft reps, that's quite a bold claim. You don't even know the rules or the work involved, so why are you so willing to call people lazy?
    Explain why free and paid games with no paid expansions can add trophies though.
    - Warframe
    - Rocket League
    - Minecraft
    - Dead By Daylight
    - Overwatch
    - No Man's Sky
    - Star Wars Battlefront 2
    - Ark: Survival Evolved
    and several others but I'm done listing.

Yeah i probably shouldn't have called you guys lazy, but it's not good enough reasoning. If Sony changed their rules (which Warframe just put another free trophy out a week or two ago and Rocket League had about 5 free trophies added close to a month ago) they should be letting the trophy hunting community know. I still appreciate you guys but I'd like you guys to investigate the matter more. If you had to add a "free expansion" that added very little (Rocket League does this) yet still could add trophies then I say go for it.

I just think adding trophies is a great business move for companies to keep people involved. I've noticed the Rivals player base seems to be lower. We are managing promotion to Diamond (or is it platinum.. i lose track) this week with barely any XP in the bucket and not even all the spotlights filled. That would have never happened months ago.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited October 6
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sony charged developers for adding trophies!

There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that we're not privy to.

Though, there are 2 things that I wonder about the most...

What the hell is going on with the 3 RBVR tracks that were leaked onto SIEE stores then removed?

Who selects the songs that are released as DLC?

Not just the RBN content, but the regular content as well. How can Rocksmith get such diverse, big name artists, and popular songs, yet Harmonix keeps giving us obscure and to be frank, un-fun songs?

This Season has been the most disappointing one for Rock Band 4. I honestly get more enjoyment playing RB3 and SingStar on the PS3. Of all the RBN re-releases on RB4, there's been about 3 or 4 I owned on the PS3. I just can't see the other 300+ RBN songs I had ever making it over with whomever is currently selecting the ones being brought over and only 2-3 songs each week, it would take an eternity to get most of them back!
  • I agree with you about the releases being slow but obscure doesn't mean un-fun and I have been enjoying most of the recent DLC on drums. I think the worst season was the one with all the 90s alternative. I grew up then but listened to way different stuff.
  • Graffin said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sony charged developers for adding trophies

I thought they did last gen.
  • Wildcat15 said:

Graffin said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sony charged developers for adding trophies

I thought they did last gen.
    They did for patches which technically would be adding trophies. But i've read this gen that the rules changed. Not sure what they are ATM though since I'm sure they change frequently to make Sony as much money as possible LOL
  • I'd guess there's different rules on achievements/trophies for different types of games. So like Free to Play have one set of rules, games with lootboxes have another set of rules, etc.

As for Rivals apparently being less active this season, I think that's because people are waiting for the patch. The buggy July update was 3 months ago, there's only so much crashing people tolerate before they just stop playing but they'll come back when it's fixed (see MCC for example).
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star

As for Rivals apparently being less active this season, I think that's because people are waiting for the patch. The buggy July update was 3 months ago, there's only so much crashing people tolerate before they just stop playing but they'll come back when it's fixed (see MCC for example).

That's a possibility. Also possible that it's bug-related but those people decided to move on after three months. Maybe it's even possible that it's not bug-related and those people have just tired of Rivals. Guess we'll see more if/when the bugs are taken care of.
  • SmashMan said:

That's a possibility. Also possible that it's bug-related but those people decided to move on after three months. Maybe it's even possible that it's not bug-related and those people have just tired of Rivals. Guess we'll see more if/when the bugs are taken care of.
    Yeah this seems more likely. There's been lots of big AAA releases recently and more coming in a few months. With the crashing and other bugs infecting RB4 for 3 months I'm sure most the casuals that were left are long gone now.
  • Edify1Edify1 Rising Star
    jkald said:

Yeah, I'm stuck here at level 87. It took a long time for me to level up from level 86. I play semi-regularly but not nearly enough to even reach level 100 anytime soon, as you seem to need a pretty crazy amount of XP to level up that much. And the fact that there is no incentive for leveling up to the cap (currently 150, I believe) means that I have no motivation to try to level up. I mean, it doesn't make the game any easier to play (as it would in an RPG because your stats increase with your level), and there are no achievements or badges to earn when you get that high. So to me, the levels are kind of a pointless addition to the game.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    If they left the XP as it was in Season 6 (It think it was), it was far more generous and easier to level up. It's also unfair that they changed it. Those that grinded away in that Season are obviously miles ahead, and there's no way to catch them without playing for a very, very long time.

With the various vocal and game glitches i'm stuck on level 81 even though I should have been on 85 or 86 by now.