We need new hardware!!!!

SeanVKSeanVK Unsigned
Come on Harmonix our instruments are wearing out. If you want to keep this thing going you need to give us some new hardware!!!!!!
At least give us some more adaptors so we can buy ekits. Seriously harmonix hook us up.

Comments

• Harmonix does not make the instruments, it is up to PDP or other companies to make a deal with Harmonix.... but sadly right now is seems like the demand is not there for companies to risk making new instruments
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    edited October 8
    I agree that we really need new instruments like you said SeanVK but firedoom666 is right, its not harmonix that makes them plus the game is already 3 years old and i don't think there is still a lot of new players joining rb anymore so unfortunately i don't think it'll happen unless a paid expansion or a rb5 was to come out (I wish so hard that would happen because i do need a new guitars too!)
  • MofoMan2000MofoMan2000 Rising Star
    This is why I grab whatever instruments I can find from the local thrift store. They're usually $10 or less and even if they don't work well you can use them for parts.
  • ManLovesRobotManLovesRobot Opening Act
    Facebook Marketplace is full of cheap instruments.
  • patl175 said:

I agree that we really need new instruments like you said SeanVK but firedoom666 is right, its not harmonix that makes them plus the game is already 3 years old and i don't think there is still a lot of new players joining rb anymore so unfortunately i don't think it'll happen unless a paid expansion or a rb5 was to come out (I wish so hard that would happen because i do need a new guitars too!)

Next gen is also looming, 2019 release is possible for PS5/Xbox Scarlett.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star

patl175 said:

2019 is too early!

I'm thinking 2020/2021...

Also, wow we have to go through all the entitlements again, if that were to happen...
  • SeanVKSeanVK Unsigned
    I understand that Haromix dose not manufacture the hardware. But I think it would be in their out best interest to contract someone to produce a limited run.
  • dinoman said:

patl175 said:

2019 is too early!

I'm thinking 2020/2021...

Also, wow we have to go through all the entitlements again, if that were to happen...
    I'm thinking 2020 or a Switch style 2019 launch. By Switch style, I mean some of the big upcoming 1st party current gen games (e.g. Gears 5, Halo Infinite, The Last of Us 2) launching simultaneously on current gen and next gen like how BotW came out on Wii U and Switch at the same time.

But yes, dealing with entitlements again after having finished it on current gen except SIEE Locksley singles earlier this year is probably going to be rough.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    SeanVK said:

I understand that Haromix dose not manufacture the hardware. But I think it would be in their out best interest to contract someone to produce a limited run.

Limited runs are a difficult thing, because they cost money and only really work if there's a guarantee to break even. The molds have to be brought out of storage, set up (at a facility that was already working on something and less profitable than the instruments, at least for the period of manufacture), then run and QC'd before distributing. And when that run is done, the molds need to be stored away (I presume Harmonix keeps the molds, but I don't know here).

It's always about money. And it has to be profitable for the factory for it to make any sense. And for it to be profitable for the factory, Harmonix needs to know there are enough players to make it profitable.

The only way it makes sense for them to do a limited run is to guarantee the money to the factory ahead of time, which...Kickstarter? I don't even know how feasible that is from a legal perspective.

I'm getting a headache and this isn't even my day job. Loopy out.
  • As high as pricing is some people would pay more than average prices.
    Sadly amazon and ebay prices are more than enough to kill a person.
  • If there's a next generation of hardware, it likely wouldn't make financial sense to ship and sell them from big box stores. They'd likely do better not trying to convince stores to devote shelf space for the equipment and instead sell them only from an amazon, like a lot of small companies do these days.
  • patl175 said:

man I hope not... that would make this generation way too shot... I still don't even own 10 Xbone games, and I bought it back when RB4 came out
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    edited October 9
    I was looking in to buying some 3rd-party RB3 instruments before RB4 was announced. There were factories in China that were churning out guitars, at various prices ($30-$80?).

Would they work 100% of the time, with all previous games?
    Would they last a reasonably long time?
    Were they operating inside the law?
    Could I buy them in limited quantities, or would I have to buy a whole case (24? 100?) at a time?

I was never able to find answers to these questions.

I've also never found cheap instruments in reasonably good condition at my local thrift stores, I guess I'm living in the wrong place? I keep meaning to go to store like that when I'm out of town, but I can't risk bursting into flames if the Thrift Store turns out to be an Antique Store instead.
  • Before RB4 there was an easy option regarding instruments if you didn't mind click strum bars, GH stuff was compatible and still rather easy/reasonable price to get. Of course that option isn't around now and GH Live used 2x3 buttons so even though the game is officially dead in less than 2 months the instruments become completely useless rather than being able to use them for RB backup.
This discussion has been closed.