DLC Discussion Thread: CHVRCHES and Halestorm!

Comments

• This is for you @thatmarkguy !!

(bouncing off walls)

Wow, and Graffiti is my favorite track on the new album, too. I never thought they'd release it as a single, but it just got a video today, and now this.
    KKFan5 said:

This is not Miracle or I Get Off, I'll unfortunately pass

"I Get Off"? That's the strangest interpretation of "Get Out"...
    I Get Off is a song from Halestorm's debut album.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I haven't listened to these songs, but I'm happy about the artists themselves and having more female-fronted DLC.

Surprised we didn't get TMWS and I would really like either Love Bites or Here's to Us, but hopefully they're later gets.
  • VolTRHVolTRH Opening Act
    Oh my god, Halestorm and CHVRCHES? You're spoiling me, Harmonix.

"Uncomfortable" is a fantastic song, I got to see their first ever live performance of it, and I've been wanting it in RB ever since.
  • As for my rankings of the season so far:
    1. Uncomfortable
    2. Jamie All Over
    3. When I Get Home You're So Dead
    4. Graffiti
    5. HTML Rulez D00d
    6. Simplify
    7. When the Curtain Falls
    8. Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over
    9. Pictures of Girls
    10. Unheavenly Creatures
    11. Business Time
    12. The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room)
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    I’m gonna have to call my local radio stations and tell them they’re doing it wrong. I’ve never heard “The Mother We Share”... they all seem to think that “Leave A Trace” is Chvrches biggest song.
  • Love Bites would be a blast these days...
  • BachiG said:

I’m gonna have to call my local radio stations and tell them they’re doing it wrong. I’ve never heard “The Mother We Share”... they all seem to think that “Leave A Trace” is Chvrches biggest song.

That's crazy. The Mother We Share played every 15 minutes it seemed here when it was first released. I actually got really sick of it at first. But now that Chvrches don't even play on the radio here anymore.. well I enjoy the song LOL
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act
    Eh, never heard of either band before....not my thing. Congrats to those who like these! Pass for me. Harmonix is saving me a ton of money lately....
  • Remember the Gamescom 2015 stream when CHVRCHES played RB4.
  • Not the songs by either I would have expected. I just hope the lead synth for the CHVRCHES song makes for a fun alt-chart. Looking forward to Uncomfortable though.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited October 9

Eh, never heard of either band before

I mean, one of them is on the RB4 disc setlist. If there's one community that really can be expected to have heard of them it's RB4 players.
    Vexus said:

Not the songs by either I would have expected. I just hope the lead synth for the CHVRCHES song makes for a fun alt-chart.

It looks like it is. In the segment we saw there, there's an over-50-hopo run, reminiscent of 'Landslide' and 'Hysteria' , two of my favorite charts ever.
  • As for my rankings of the season so far:
    1. Graffiti
    2. Unheavenly Creatures
    3. When the Curtain Falls
    4. Uncomfortable
    5. Jamie All Over
    6. HTML Rulez D00d
    7. When I Get Home You're So Dead
    9. Pictures of Girls
    10. Simplify
    11. The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room)
    12. Business Time
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior

As for my rankings of the season so far:
    1. Graffiti
    2. Unheavenly Creatures
    3. When the Curtain Falls
    4. Uncomfortable
    5. Jamie All Over
    6. HTML Rulez D00d
    7. When I Get Home You're So Dead
    9. Pictures of Girls
    10. Simplify
    11. The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room)
    12. Business Time

With the exception of my lack of ambition to rank 5-12 in any specific order, that pretty much matches me ... 1 2 3 in that order as the three songs I happily drop money on. #4 as a song I'll likely get because it's spotlight in a relevant week and under temporary discount and I actually like their on disc song. And then 8 songs that don't move the needle for me.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    For me, When The Curtain falls is definitely 1st.
    The two Flight of the Conchords songs are 2nd and 3rd.
    Then I guess Simplify, Unheavenly Creatures, and Pictures of Girls (4-6).

This week’s DLC and the 4-spot RBN are all battling it out at the bottom.
  • So I got around to watching the preview. The Halestorm song is great

not sure what's the big deal with CHVRCHES. It is not bad, but sounds like run-of-the-mill pop stuff to me
  • No idea who Chvrches is but thanks again @Harmonix <3 for introducing me to new music! :)
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    1. When the Curtain Falls
    2. Graffiti
    3. Simplify
    4. When I Get Home You're So Dead
    5. Jamie All Over
    6. Business Time
    7. Uncomfortable
    8. The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room)
    9. Pictures of Girls
    10. Unheavenly Creatures
    11. HTML Rulez D00d
    12. Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over

I think I would have bought every song in my top 10 with or without the Spotlight Pass. 11 would have been a tough call for me, as I'm not a huge fan, but it was in a spotlight spot, so may have given in. I haven't bought 12, and don't plan on it any time soon.
  • I've been waiting for CHVRCHES in Rock Band for a while since Mother We Share was on DropMix. The New Hits DLC stuff has gotten better since the 30 Seconds To Mars song. Keep it up, guys.
  • I miss the misery will never make my playlist and I've never heard if Chvrches, but for the first time ever I watch a preview and think "these songs actually sound good "

Will definitely buy something I've never heard before. I haven't done that for years
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act

Eh, never heard of either band before....not my thing. Congrats to those who like these! Pass for me. Harmonix is saving me a ton of money lately....

Not even Halestorm, who were featured on the Rock Band 4 disc setlist?
    Nope! Must be one of the songs I've never played, or if so, don't remember, because dislike. Lol.

• Also this weeks challenge will be trail mix, and feature a lot of female fronted acts