Comments

• It's 3.4GB on XB1 for those interested.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Again you couldn't sneak in a simple change to the existing filter logic to make the existing filters useable?
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    No matter who you are or how you play, this update has something for you.
    Well, I guess this is technically true. Bug fixes are nice but are also expected. Note track skins are alright, but don't move the needle for me overall.

Was hoping for something that would be interesting enough to get people to say "Yes!" whenever I ask if anyone wants to play RB at a gathering. Granted, I'm not sure what that would be at this point but I'll keep hoping and checking update notes when they come out.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Looks good to me. I will be playing more online now that we can set it to Rivals songs.

I like that you can now see the song lengths without starting a set list and the track skins could be cool to change things up. Performance issue fixes are always welcomed; fortunately, I had not experienced much crashing.

Holding out hope that Companion App fixes (and updates) are next! I miss using that.
  • Is this the last update for awhile? Or is there something more ambitious in the works?
  • I've played a bit with the update and it seems to be very good overall. I finished my current Rockudrama playthrough which was halted back in July, played online and everything seems smooth. Also the XP glitch seems fixed, the XP earned from the current song seems to always be the XP mentioned in the yellow banner now.

I look forward to checking out the Rivals challenge filter for online play tomorrow. Hopefully there's no workarounds like there were for RB3 Road Challenges.
  • First thing I notice (maybe I am blind) but I cannot find the career leaderboards. That is a problem!!!!
  • edited October 11

Again you couldn't sneak in a simple change to the existing filter logic to make the existing filters useable?

Aaaaaaaaaa deevvvvvvvvv cannnnot.... Invvvvvvvvvvestiiiigate cooooode.....
    (That's why they say hey man up-date...)

ETA: Thank you @HMXOwl for listening to the users and putting in things like track lengths and challenge restrictions in online rooms - Nice shot!!
  • wh1t3kn1tewh1t3kn1te Opening Act
    i like some of this update and will continue waiting for bass boost.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    If the random crashing during online matches on XboxOne is fixed I'll be a happy camper. It's cool to see track skins got added. I mentioned that request a while back. I'll test this update out tomorrow night.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Looks like some pretty cool stuff and performance upgrades... thanks HMX, appreciate the effort and your continuous support for the game. All the player experience improvements are certainly welcome, and hoping they come through bug free... I’ll have a chance to check it all out over the weekend.
  • Song length visible on the song information panel finally made it in! That's so awesome! Though I need a magnifying glass to see it... :( My eyesight is terrible.

I gave several of the track skins a try. They're really cool to look at but way too distracting for me to keep turned on. Heck, I find the default track background design distracting enough already. Really hoping for black background and less shiny note gems options one day.

Really glad to see all of the Rivals songs added to the menus. The previous songs were getting really stale. Especially since they always seemed to play in the same order? Not really sure if that was the case or not, but it sure felt like it. Still kinda wish they'd go back to having the songs playing without vocals though.

I'm not sure if this is due to the update or not, but I actually had all of the album art and song previews showing up within the first several minutes of having RB4 booted after the update installed. It used to take forever before those things would make an appearance.

Nice update overall. One of my most wanted features, song length, made it in, so I guess there was indeed something in this update for me.
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star

SmashMan said:

Was hoping for something that would be interesting enough to get people to say "Yes!" whenever I ask if anyone wants to play RB at a gathering. Granted, I'm not sure what that would be at this point but I'll keep hoping and checking update notes when they come out.

I'm gonna go with "Shows mode not being full of songs nobody's heard of". I think RB would be a much better sell at parties if I could actually make it adhere to my present filter, then I could make that filter only include songs that people at the party will know the melody enough to sing.

It's so close to being ideal. In theory it would be a great party mode - four options that are all actually viable get presented and people vote on the one that the majority wants. But as implemented it gets wrecked by all the Rivals songs and disc-unknowns that become instant non-options in the vote, making the whole vote seem pointless. "Well, I guess i'll pick a Tom Petty song because I have no idea what those others are."
    This is probably part of it. The more I think about it genre fatigue is probably the biggest factor. A more focused Shows mode may help the times we do play go more smoothly though.
  • Career stats - are they moved, or are they removed?
  • Career stats - are they moved, or are they removed?

There in your profile menu at the bottom of the screen.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    edited October 11
    bug fixes, yay, everyone likes bug fixes. or at least they should

some new visual stuff, ok. oooh shiny, pretty.

not a lot of punch though on this one.
    I am sure a lot of work went into this, but I cant help but feel underwhelmed
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited October 11
    The addition of new and rather awesome note tracks is more than welcome! :) Can't wait to see the ones that will be up for seasonal rewards in the future!!
  • Again you couldn't sneak in a simple change to the existing filter logic to make the existing filters useable?

Just curious what changes to the filers you want?

I don't ever feel like using them,except when I switch my singer stand-in to female, so I am not sure what makes them unuseable
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

Just curious what changes to the filers you want?

I don't ever feel like using them,except when I switch my singer stand-in to female, so I am not sure what makes them unuseable
    Go use the filters to play only New Wave and Punk genres. Then switch back to all songs. I think you'll quickly remember why you don't ever use filtering.

All I want is for "no filter selected" to mean "all songs" instead of how it currently is meaning "show no songs".
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    Track skins are cool but I cannot see the lines anymore... so I wouldn't use them
  • yoann007yoann007 Unsigned
    Those custom track skins are gorgeous but they scream for time bars. I can't really play without them, it does impact my performance badly.
  • edited October 12
    Is it just me or did the update really up the sensitivity for the MIDI Pro Adapter somehow? The sensitivity of all my pads and cymbals is way up now where if I bump the rack a little bit it can register a hit. My ride cymbal basically overhits 50% of the time now (EDIT: after some testing it TRIPLE hits a good deal of the time as well).

I had to crank the sensitivity and thresholds way down on my Roland module to get it even really usable. Even still it's not very balanced because the range between not registering at all and too sensitive is very small and hard to hit. And I really don't want to have to change the drum kit settings every time I move between RB4 and actual playing.

For reference I'm Xbox One with Roland TD-15, Midi Pro Adapter and PDP Wired Legacy Adapter.
  • I just noticed the set of zodiac body suits in the rock shop.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 12
    It may be that the new update returned instruments to their 2015 RB4 sensitivity, I've been noticing random missed note detection on guitar (press a button and it doesn't register) but I can't prove whether that's because of the update or just my guitar is going to die soon.
  • It may be that the new update returned instruments to their 2015 RB4 sensitivity, I've been noticing random missed note detection on guitar (press a button and it doesn't register) but I can't prove whether that's because of the update or just my guitar is going to die soon.

It’s not your guitar, a lot of people are noticing this including myself. The biggest culprit seems to be when transitioning chords with the same color button and the note not registering.