New Rock Band 4 Update Out!

Comments

• djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    edited December 2018
    I am getting the occasional stutter (mini-freeze) too unfortunately.
  • I get it too... typically a full freeze and have to force quit back to home. Sometimes it tells me it couldn't save the game data. For me it seems to happen most when playing online and at or near the end of a song (where it would be updating scores/leaderboard I would guess?). I have had it freeze when playing solo too.
  • My full freeze/game crash with a couldn't save game data message is like a timer that tells me I've played online too long.
  • My full freeze/game crash with a couldn't save game data message is like a timer that tells me I've played online too long.

I recommend stepping away from the Vodka, seems to help your issue.
  • This thread is no longer labelled as an announcement thread, I wonder if this means the next update is inbound soon.
  • The game decided that I was having such a good time playing Caught Up In You that it froze halfway through just long enough to break my FC and force me to replay it... Which of course meant that I screwed up the next attempt and restart again... I was not particularly enjoying it by the third playthrough.
  • This thread is no longer labelled as an announcement thread, I wonder if this means the next update is inbound soon.

I reckon it's just that it's been that long since the update that there's no point in having it as a sticky anymore. Of course, an update to fix the bugs being reported here and/or add more content is no bad thing.
  • Froze on me AGAIN.
  • Played for a few hours last night (PS4). Drove my self crazy trying to remember how to set things up with 5 individuals (2 on mic). Once it was finally all assigned properly we agreed not to try and swap instruments at all this one time. The game only froze up once, for about a second, and I fumed but everyone else just rolled with it.

We broke a million points on one song for the first time ever, I've only done it in the past by playing online with my previous crew [all of them superstars].
  • stixman6stixman6 Unsigned
    Things getting better (NOT!) ... new one for me, game completely vapor-locked last night during one the freezes. Had to back out to PS4 home screen and completely reboot. Going on month 3 with this nonsense ... still no end in sight or communication from HMX regarding the issue ... unacceptable.
  • Just got screwed with the freeze/track jump for the second night in a row. This is obnoxious. It's hard to enjoy the game when you get screwed by the game randomly midsong.
  • Intros9Intros9 Unsigned
    Since upgrading to an SSD on my PS4 6 weeks ago, the stutter/freeze issue has mainly been micro-stutters.

All of that came roaring back with a 5-second freeze to dash a new personal best tonight. Bit peeved, but wasn't ready to swap guitars to go back to RB3 on the PS3.
  • If we go by the normal update timeline, we may hear something after season 9 is over.
  • Got my first bad stutters in a long time. I don't play the string thing much and I was playing it last night. Usually play vocals and maybe the stutters don't happen often there and when they do, do not impact my combo...
  • Got my first bad stutters in a long time. I don't play the string thing much and I was playing it last night. Usually play vocals and maybe the stutters don't happen often there and when they do, do not impact my combo...

The stutters don't impact vocals much at all.. the instrumentation charts however...