fix my RB4 drum kit?

One of the pads on my xbox drum kit RB4 is loosing is sensitivity. I cant afford to buy a new one now that there selling for $500 or more.. dose anybody know of and home fixes?

Comments

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    SeanVK said:

One of the pads on my xbox drum kit RB4 is loosing is sensitivity. I cant afford to buy a new one now that there selling for $500 or more.. dose anybody know of and home fixes?

RIP Doc's.

From what I remember, the fix included lifting the drum pad out, accounting for any cracks that are on the pad itself (sanding it down, I think? Maybe filling with glue? Maybe both?), making sure the connectors were properly fitted, and then replacing the pad. I don't know if anyone else out there can back me on this; since I haven't had to do this myself I can't say for sure.
  • ROYSTURROYSTUR Unsigned
    edited October 14
    You should be able to drip acetone into a crack and apply compression as the plastic* melts. When the acetone evaporates the crack will have welded itself shut. You can skip the sanding prep. If that doesn't work, maybe replace the piezo. Or if you spilled soda or something on your kit, there might be corroded wires, so replace the wires maybe. Could also need a firmware update

*The silver plastic rims are polypropylene (not ABS like the black frame). You can weld it with a soldering iron or use superglue (I guess--I don't know how to bond polypropylene). The soldering iron also works on ABS
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    Thanks, Roy! Hope that helps the OP.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Search YouTube for "Rock Band mesh head mod"