Known Issues in 10/10 Update

edited October 12 in Rock Band
Hey everyone,

Our latest update went out on Wednesday, it introduced a ton of cool stuff, like Track Skins, new assets in the Rock Shop, changes to online filtering, and more. If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, all the details are here.

We've also received word via www.rockband.com/support of some issues that arose after the update and we wanted to let you know that we're aware of and working on them. Here's what we're looking at so far:
  • Occasional button drops on guitar - this may also be manifesting in other ways on drums
  • Occasional hangs online on PlayStation 4
  • Lefty Pro Drums fix not working
  • Song length being X:60
  • Harmonies overflows its in-song pause options
  • Mixing textures on some venues
Thanks for helping us identify these issues through your tickets! We're working on a fix now and will update you as soon as we have new information.

Comments

• thanks for listening guys/gals
  • The note drops aren't a new thing whatsoever and in no way a result of this patch. Unless of course the 1,600 songs I own have all been individually broken for months, or some other form of chosen sabotage only affecting me until now.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    There's been "rubberbanding" on the vocal tracks for quite some time... where the track suddenly slows down, then speeds up to catch up before returning to normal speed again.

And, for the love of God (even though i'm not religious), please, please, please make the audio controls adjustable on the fly as they were in previous Rock Band games. It was far more simpler and less disruptive to gameplay than pausing the game, adjusting sliders and not knowing how it will affect the audio mix until it's unpaused. It's illogical.
  • JoseduvaulJoseduvaul Unsigned
    edited October 13
    I can attest to the online hangs for PS4. Not sure if has to do with the new note-lane skins, but I was playing Orianthi and the music kept playing until the end. The graphics and everything on the screen just froze like a screen shot preview, but no button presses or anything could fix it, it just froze there until I eventually quit to the PS4 XMB again. I was using the rivals mode to select and choose the tracks to launch & play when it did this mid play-through of that track on Expert Bass. Thanks! Also, I noticed at the ends of the song, it seems like it takes a really long time to calculate what your LP status is now and sometimes only gives you a score and no number? I am submitting this to support as well.
  • SCFoxSCFox Opening Act
    Glad(?) to see the note drops weren't just me. I hadn't played for a month and thought my guitar started malfunctioning or that I was slipping up more often.
  • The note drops very much weren't a new thing. My friend has had them, thought it was his calibration or RB3 guitar (which works perfectly fine in RB3), but this could honestly be what he's had for all these months. (basically since launch.. like 6 months after launch)
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    Yeah, about the guitars, I don't know if that's a hardware or software issue. I've been getting a lot more dropped notes than I used to. One of my friends is pretty convinced they are pressing in time yet it's dropping. I'm going to get a new strum bar to see if that makes any difference. We've calibrated what seems to be thousands of times and doesn't seem to help. That said, I do have my bright orange Xbox 360 logitech controller via the legacy adapter and that doesn't drop notes anything like the plastic Rock Band 4 stratocaster does. Only thing is my Logitech one doesn't have a responsive tilt sensor or start button, or a whammy bar anymore.
  • V8VANTAGE said:

Yeah, about the guitars, I don't know if that's a hardware or software issue. I've been getting a lot more dropped notes than I used to. One of my friends is pretty convinced they are pressing in time yet it's dropping. I'm going to get a new strum bar to see if that makes any difference. We've calibrated what seems to be thousands of times and doesn't seem to help. That said, I do have my bright orange Xbox 360 logitech controller via the legacy adapter and that doesn't drop notes anything like the plastic Rock Band 4 stratocaster does. Only thing is my Logitech one doesn't have a responsive tilt sensor or start button, or a whammy bar anymore.

It's definitely not every piece of hardware though. If a guitar works fine in RB3 and then flops in RB4 there's got to be something wrong with the game side of things too. Hope you can figure your problem out though! I understand how frustrating it is.. it's hard to tell a friend that he's basically been "SOL" because of it.
  • I've also heard from other members in the crew I'm in that last gen instruments are unaffected by the update so maybe the early RB4 era instrument fixes broke in the process of memory saving.
  • djdatatecdjdatatec Unsigned
    edited October 13
    the only issues i have noticed with Mad Catz RB4 Guitars on PS4 is that they are HIGHLY prone to interference from all forms of 2.4Ghz Signals.My guitar worked perfectly in my house when i switched my 2.4Ghz WiFi off and strictly used 5Ghz only and made sure that all Bluetooth devices such as Wireless Headphones and Phones were completely off. Unfortunately since i moved to an Apartment which is riddled with 2.4Ghz Networks and Devices, I have been in-capable of using my Guitar competitively anymore and this has caused me to stop playing.

BTW, I moved 3 weeks ago. So that was before this update occurred but after the last update.
  • my game was freezing like 2 seconds in the middle of the song, then it was off sync.
    Online only a short lag, then it was off sync.
    Restart the song will fix this.

Sometimes while playing a playlist (up to 12 songs), the next song starts, the whole song is off sync.
    Restarting the song will fix this issue also.
    I'm playing mostly playlists, i can't tell if this happens when i'm playing a single song.
    I didn't notice this issue while playing online (4 songs)

I had the problem before the update and it still exists.
    (I'm on PS4)
  • The vocal indicator has disappeared completely during a phrase.

Singing randomly seems to be the only way to get it to return.

I have not submitted a support ticket, as I am currently in the middle of laziness practice.
  • I'm having severe note dropping now :(
  • baumpaulbaumpaul Unsigned
    I can confirm that the old online vocals glitch is back where it doesn't show you when you miss but instead keeps your multiplier.
    I just played These Hands and noticed during the song that I didn't hit 2 OD phrases because it immediately took it away again, but kept the x4. It showed the FC until the end and was only a 95% 5-star with 50k less than my pb

tl;dr: the old online vox glitch is back
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    All of the vocal glitches are still there, along with the vocal track slowing down then speeding up before returning to normal speed, and the pointer being seriously shaking and just not appearing no matter how I try to sing the line.

If anything, it's worse!
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    HMXOwl said:

Occasional button drops on guitar - this may also be manifesting in other ways on drums

Occasional? I've had it happen 7 times in around 20 minutes today!
  • CAL022 said:

HMXOwl said:

Occasional button drops on guitar - this may also be manifesting in other ways on drums

You using Madcatz RB4 or PDP RB4? Madcatz RB4 seems to have much more common note drops.
  • Graffin said:

All of the vocal glitches are still there, along with the vocal track slowing down then speeding up before returning to normal speed, and the pointer being seriously shaking and just not appearing no matter how I try to sing the line.

If anything, it's worse!

I don't know about the track speed, but if your indicator is failing, I know from personal experience, it's the microphone. I can't speak for Xbox but on the PS4, under the Devices setting, you can check and adjust the microphone level. If you see it struggling there, you need to replace your microphone.

For me, I have no complaints, but I have witnessed the random note drops on guitar and drums.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act

CAL022 said:

HMXOwl said:

You using Madcatz RB4 or PDP RB4? Madcatz RB4 seems to have much more common note drops.
    Madcatz. Can't find the PDP anywhere in the UK and legacy adapter is broken. Buying another one is too expensive.
  • CAL022 said:

HMXOwl said:

I’m using Gh5 guitar from PS3 and never had issues myself until this patch.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    augh
    semi annual rock band party this weekend
    I don't need new bugs

ugh, hope I don't have to spend the night apologizing
  • I've found some interesting info regarding the crashes to XB1 dashboard. You can see a crash in advance, hitting notes/phrases before a crash will happen doesn't add any score to the score counter or star progress.
  • I thought the note drops was an issue from my guitar and I bought a new one. Second song in with the new guitar and it happened :(
  • dlleweldllewel Unsigned

I've found some interesting info regarding the crashes to XB1 dashboard. You can see a crash in advance, hitting notes/phrases before a crash will happen doesn't add any score to the score counter or star progress.

That's a great observation GrumbleVolcano, and may help HMX identify what is going on. Thanks!

• EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star
    Not a bug, but where do I find my individual stats? It's no longer in the menu. I was able to access it by going to the Rivals hub, selecting my crew roster and selecting myself, but is that the only way now (besides the companion app)?
  • Emalythe said:

Not a bug, but where do I find my individual stats? It's no longer in the menu. I was able to access it by going to the Rivals hub, selecting my crew roster and selecting myself, but is that the only way now (besides the companion app)?

Press start/hamburger button in most menus and there's a My Stats option, that'll take you to your stats.
  • EmalytheEmalythe Rising Star

Press start/hamburger button in most menus and there's a My Stats option, that'll take you to your stats.

Wow, is that new with this update or was that always there?
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Emalythe said:

Wow, is that new with this update or was that always there?
    It's new, and it kinda makes more sense there since your stats are related to your profile.
  • (It's always been there)
This discussion has been closed.