DLC Discussion Thread: Of Mice & Men Pack 01!

edited October 16 in Rock Band
HMXOwl said:

DLC Week of 10/18: Of Mice & Men Pack 01!

Go hard with Of Mice & Men Pack 01 in Rock Band 4!

Of Mice & Men Pack 01 is led by “Back To Me”, a single from their 2018 album Defy. The band’s fifth studio album continued a string of successes for the band and had strong showings on both the Billboard Top Hard Rock Album and Top Rock Album charts. “Back To Me” was initially released ahead of the album, and built up tons of excitement from fans. Led by a powerful guitar riff, “Back To Me” seamlessly moves between clean verses and heavy choruses, with big drums and riffage in spades. Vocalists will have plenty of fun with the harmonies, which feature the backing lines on a different part than the lead vocals.

We’ve also got “Second & Sebring” and “Those In Glass Houses”, both tracks from Of Mice & Men’s self-titled debut. The band signed to Rise Records off the strength of their demos, and it showed in this popular debut, reaching the top 10 on the Billboard Top Hard Rock Albums chart. “Second & Sebring” goes hard, with screaming vocals alternating with clean, pounding drums, and a tough, quick guitar pattern. “Those In Glass Houses” is also a gauntlet, squeezing a challenge into a sub-3 minute track. Drum fills come hard and fast, kicks are constant, and guitar strumming changes throughout. All 3 of these tracks will test you, so be sure to get your warmups in before going into them.

Be sure to visit www.ofmiceandmenandmenofficial.com for Of Mice & Men news, upcoming tour dates, merch, and more. While you’re there, be sure to catch the music video for “Back To Me”.

Of Mice & Men Pack 01 can be purchased for $5.49. “Back To Me” can be purchased for 25% off for the first two weeks of sale. Songs can be purchased individually for $1.99 each. “Back To Me” is also featured in the Rock Band Rivals Season 8 Spotlight Pass which can be purchased for $16.49.

• Of Mice & Men - "Back To Me" (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 8 Spotlight Pass)
  • Of Mice & Men - "Second & Sebring"
  • Of Mice & Men - "Those In Glass Houses"

* Please note that this week’s DLC tracks will be available for purchase on Thursday, October 18th.

Comments

• Wow. One of my favorite bands but I don’t recognize these songs for some reason.
  • For a half second, I got this band mixed up with Of Monsters and Men and got a little excited.

Some of the guitar riffs look fun, so I will probably download the spotlight song, and may even buy one of the other ones if the guitar chart looks entertaining, but I'm not really excited by these songs musically.
  • TheStuddz said:

So we get a pack, but it's this.

Yep. First single-artist pack since Alice in Chains almost exactly a year ago. I totally get Alice in Chains getting a pack, but Of Mice & Men? Are they actually that big? I don't know. Simply not for me.
    One song by them would have done me a lifetime. :p
  • TehRoachTehRoach Unsigned
    Nice that we can get a pack with both RBN and new songs. Maybe we can get a Clutch pack with their 2 RBN songs and something new.
  • MannyG14MannyG14 Unsigned
    I used to love OM&M so this is great. I’m not a fan of their new sound though. Hope they do more packs with RBN songs. It makes a lot of sense.
  • I’ll buy them but I’d had preferred a pack be given to someone more deserving.
  • No thanks. :neutral:
  • This is a case of "one of these things does not belong with the others".

Putting together a pack from a band that has obviously gone through a huge shift in musical direction is going to be a tough sell for even the biggest fan of OM&M.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 16
    TheStuddz said:

So we get a pack, but it's this.

Yep. First single-artist pack since Alice in Chains almost exactly a year ago. I totally get Alice in Chains getting a pack, but Of Mice & Men? Are they actually that big? I don't know. Simply not for me.
    I would've liked an Of Mice & Men pack even if we didn't lose RBN entitlements (GHTV dies in less than 2 months so Bones Exposed and Broken Generation would've been my picks if we already had the RBN songs on current gen) but I think if we already had the RBN songs on current gen we would've just got the 2018 song.
  • CountWaescheCountWaesche Opening Act

This is...….
    Not what I wanted.

Me neither.
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    edited October 16
    Yuck.

Get the other OMAM band. You know. The good one.

I can't believe I regret getting a Spotlight Pass now. Won't make that mistake again.
  • JLynn943JLynn943 Unsigned
    Definitely not for me. I'm glad I decided against the Spotlight Pass. It's good for completionists, but I feel like you'd be hard pressed to find someone who likes everything in it or enough to make it worth it.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    The two RBN tracks are alright if you're into that kinda music. Really not into the new one, so of course that's the spotlight this week.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    never heard of these guys
    back to me sounds ok, might grab it if I have too much to drink one night
    the other 2 songs are a hard pass even when passed out
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The Spotlight Pass is a must-buy if your crew expects you to buy every single Spotlight song.
    Or if you have a compulsion to buy every single song offered as DLC. Maybe because you like throwing money at HMX. On the rare occasions that I got a Spotlight song that I didn't like much, I just thought of it as my donation to keeping Rock Band as alive as possible.

It used to be a smart purchase if you liked getting new songs at a discount, but now that you can buy individual songs at a discount [one week only!] it often works out better to pick-and-choose once the songs are revealed. They aren't always well-known songs loved by many / fun at parties [though the hit rate in many seasons was awfully good].
  • MemoDLSGMemoDLSG Opening Act
    I don't want to hate on the band, good for those who like them, but I'm also in the camp that would've preferred the other OMAM.

I also wonder whether we'll get another artist pack this year (2017 only had 2: Lady Gaga 03 in January and Alice in Chains 03 in October).
  • :/ Well, at least I'm getting Disturbed's new album in the mail on Friday.
  • Here's some current spotlight pass calculations:
    Total price = $16.49
    Price for spotlight pass songs so far (9 out of 12) if you bought separately on day 1: ($1.49 x 7) + ($1.99 x 2) = $14.41
    Price of Of Mice & Men pack = $5.49
    Price of the 3 Of Mice & Men songs individually during the 25% sale: $1.49 + ($1.99 x 2) = $5.47

So even with the 25% off sales and the Of Mice & Men pack, getting the spotlight pass is still on track to be the best value if you want everything. There'd need to be some large packs with no individual song discounts for the spotlight pass to lose its value if you want everything.