DLC Discussion Thread: Of Mice & Men Pack 01!

Comments

• Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    OK, cool, thanks for the clarification
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 18
    Looks like a fun challenge judging by the ingame store provided you don't get hit by the note drop bug too much.
  • Seems like a sequel to the mayday parade week challenge
  • Vexus said:

Wow, for some reason I thought these guys were yet another modern pop whiny drivel band. I guess the band name fits that style. I saw the announcement and was all "boo, too boring". I decided to give the preview a watch/listen and was surprised as heck to hear yelly nu-metal music across all tracks.

Now I have to decide not if it's too whiney, but if it's too ear-fatiguing to purchase. :)

I was thinking of using Back To Me as a bit of a trial run and then either wishlisting or purchasing the RBN songs after if I enjoyed it, but everyone who knows/likes the songs thus far says they're pretty different to it. Now I'm not sure what I'll do!
    Listen to the songs on something like Youtube, if charts are a factor in you purchasing songs search for RB2/3 videos of the RBN songs.
    Having done that, I'm definitely at least wishlisting them. I also really miss the customisation options in RB3...
    edited October 18
    The DLC is available on XB1 but Back to Me is not yet free for spotlight pass owners.

Another note is that Spiders is currently the only spotlight that counts for spotlight points/LP/XP.
  • I'm not seeing the new DLC in the store on xbox yet
  • Yeah, this is an emo challenge with metal spotlight songs. I am outright disgusted and insulted.
  • So...if the app is to be believed, bands like 30 Seconds to Mars and AFI are included, but bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Slayer aren't? This is decidedly not a metal challenge.

Going for all metal would've been way too many eligible songs by season 8 standards so they split the metal to keep the ~200 songs theme.
  • Uhhhhh...yeah. If such is the case, they split it incorrectly.
  • So...if the app is to be believed, bands like 30 Seconds to Mars and AFI are included, but bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Slayer aren't? This is decidedly not a metal challenge.

Going for all metal would've been way too many eligible songs by season 8 standards so they split the metal to keep the ~200 songs theme.
    To hell with that. Nobody's arguing that every metal song should be in the challenge, we're arguing that calling this a "metal riffage" challenge is a straight-up lie.

"Metal riffage" apparently includes: 30 Seconds to Mars, AFI, At the Drive-In, A Day to Remember, Death of the Cool, Escape the Flood, Jimmy Eat World, My Chemical Romance, Nine Inch Nails, Opiate For the Masses, The Pretty Reckless, Three Days Grace, Underoath and more than likely bunch of stuff I haven't bought.

"Metal riffage" apparently does not include the vast majority of the actual metal bands in the game.

You can have about 200 songs that are just metal songs with great riffs. I have nothing against most of the non-metal bands I mentioned, I just expect a bit of honesty about what a challenge includes.
  • Vexus said:

So...if the app is to be believed, bands like 30 Seconds to Mars and AFI are included, but bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Slayer aren't? This is decidedly not a metal challenge.

To hell with that. Nobody's arguing that every metal song should be in the challenge, we're arguing that calling this a "metal riffage" challenge is a straight-up lie.

"Metal riffage" apparently includes: 30 Seconds to Mars, AFI, At the Drive-In, A Day to Remember, Death of the Cool, Escape the Flood, Jimmy Eat World, My Chemical Romance, Nine Inch Nails, Opiate For the Masses, The Pretty Reckless, Three Days Grace, Underoath and more than likely bunch of stuff I haven't bought.

"Metal riffage" apparently does not include the vast majority of the actual metal bands in the game.

You can have about 200 songs that are just metal songs with great riffs. I have nothing against most of the non-metal bands I mentioned, I just expect a bit of honesty about what a challenge includes.
    Agreed. I was excited about the new challenge yesterday. Today, not so much.
    edited October 18
    I think it makes sense. Have metalcore, nu-metal and alternative metal in one challenge along with some other DLC that's not metal. Then if there's a second challenge have the other metal with say grunge, glam or prog for example.
  • Not including Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Slayer, Metallica (I could go on) in any metal challenge is nothing short of blasphemy.
  • Not including Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Slayer, Metallica (I could go on) in any metal challenge is nothing short of blasphemy.

And Ozzy! How could there be Metal with no Ozzy?
  • edited October 18

I think it makes sense. Have metalcore, nu-metal and alternative metal in one challenge along with some other DLC that's not metal. Then if there's a second challenge have the other metal with say grunge, glam or prog for example.

It clearly says "metal", and the stuff I mentioned doesn't count as any of those three subgenres.
  • They can call it a metalcore challenge, it's not like "metalcore" is a bad word to diss a band. It's a legit genre, familiar of regular metal.
  • nystargatenystargate Unsigned
    edited October 19
    When are they going to fix it so I can get that spotlight song I already paid for? It's ridiculous that it happens every week and that when it happens it takes so long to fix...
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    It's most likely an issue with Microsoft and not HMX. If so, it will probably be fixed tomorrow.
  • Back To Me was decent to play, but the chorus feels pretty generic to me for some reason. Still an above average song this season.
  • Back To Me was decent to play, but the chorus feels pretty generic to me for some reason. Still an above average song this season.

The drums were more fun than I expected! But yeah the rest of the song was sort of average. Vocals weren't great IMO.
  • grimripper82grimripper82 Opening Act

Back To Me was decent to play, but the chorus feels pretty generic to me for some reason. Still an above average song this season.

I agree. I actually prefer the RBN songs over the new one. "Back To Me" isn't bad though.
    edited October 19

When are they going to fix it so I can get that spotlight song I already paid for? It's ridiculous that it happens every week and that when it happens it takes so long to fix...

Given DLC as a whole has been coming later on XB1 since July, this week is the first spotlight pass specific issue of the season.

The whole releasing DLC later is a situation I hope gets fixed in general.
  • The issue is still not resolved for me. It costs $1.49 in the store and it is not appearing in my list of songs or in my To Be Installed section.

All of the other songs in the spotlight pass I was able to get previously.
  • The issue is still not resolved for me. It costs $1.49 in the store and it is not appearing in my list of songs or in my To Be Installed section.

All of the other songs in the spotlight pass I was able to get previously.

Same, not fixed yet.
  • Just checked, and it appears to be fixed
  • itzJVitzJV Road Warrior
    The Spotlight Song showed up in my "Ready to Install" section, seems to be fixed now.