DLC Discussion Thread: Octavision and Starset!

Comments

• LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith

I'd say the bigger issue is not that it is a spotlight song, but that it is a spotlight pass song, which means there are people who bought the pass that now have a song they can't play.

It certainly does set an odd precedent.
  • Three Lives is cool and all, but it's not something I will likely ever play again after this.

My Demons however surprised me... Despite never even hearing of Starset before, I quite enjoyed that song. Won't be a regular per se, but I'll definitely replay in future challenges.
  • I really enjoyed playing the new spotlight songs this week on guitar. And Three Lives on bass. 10/10 would recommend (actually, more like 8).
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

I'd say the bigger issue is not that it is a spotlight song, but that it is a spotlight pass song, which means there are people who bought the pass that now have a song they can't play.

The only people that can't play the song are players that do vocals and literally no instruments ever. That's gotta be an obscenely small fraction of the fanbase.
  • tdc002 said:

The only people that can't play the song are players that do vocals and literally no instruments ever. That's gotta be an obscenely small fraction of the fanbase.
    *raises hand*

I do vocals and no other instruments.

• Three Lives is cool and all, but it's not something I will likely ever play again after this.

My Demons however surprised me... Despite never even hearing of Starset before, I quite enjoyed that song. Won't be a regular per se, but I'll definitely replay in future challenges.

Opposite for me.
    Enjoyed Three Lives way more than My Demons.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    tdc002 said:

The fact that Rock Band continues to push on with no new instruments being produced *EXCEPT* generic USB microphones tells me you must be wrong.
  • I have a crew member that only sings due to physical limitations and my sister only sings now due to carpal tunnel...

Also, on the occasion that I have a party, people are more likely to sing than try an instrument unless they already play one.

That may or may not be a sign of the community as a whole, but frankly, only Hmx likely has the data to even begin to make an educated guess on that one.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Someday, we'll ALL be limited to vocals, it's the only instrument you can still buy new very easily.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior

Someday, we'll ALL be limited to vocals, it's the only instrument you can still buy new very easily.

i've got a few spare MPAs, and my ekit will almost certainly outlive my PS4 (or PS5 or PS6 if there's an RB made for those).
  • The alley cats mourn the day I am relegated to vocals ;)
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star

The alley cats mourn the day I am relegated to vocals ;)

Yes, my wife runs for the windows and slams them all shut to save the neighbors when I'm on the mic.