Comments

• File size is 3.3GB on XB1.
  • Thank you all!! @Harmonix <3 :)
  • I'm going to miss my 3:60 long Children of Bodom tune, but it's worth it to have notes working properly!
  • Vexus said:

I'm going to miss my 3:60 long Children of Bodom tune, but it's worth it to have notes working properly!

Pour one out for those 48 songs or whatever it was.
  • Thanks for pushing this out so quickly and before the weekend Harmonix!
  • Valiant effort but I don't think it worked. At least from what I'm noticing on pro drums. Still getting tons of dropped notes. Seems to be mostly with the yellow notes. I've triple checked all of my triggers and re-calibrated just to be sure and still getting constant dropped notes on songs I could easily Gold Star before the patch.
  • Mcluscky said:

Valiant effort but I don't think it worked. At least from what I'm noticing on pro drums. Still getting tons of dropped notes. Seems to be mostly with the yellow notes. I've triple checked all of my triggers and re-calibrated just to be sure and still getting constant dropped notes on songs I could easily Gold Star before the patch.

Even worse, I think this update broke the game for me. I wasn't experiencing any problems pre-update and now I'm getting the dropped notes and also song previews not loading when creating setlists.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited October 20

File size is 3.3GB on XB1.

Wow... it's only 430.8Mb on the PS4.

I hope it fixes some of the issues.

After playing guitar and vocals at the same time... I can see why the guitarists were miffed. Aside from notes being missed, it's like the frets were sticking/jammed on some songs. I was holding them down but game said NO.

And, vocals... that was way worse. The arrow just sank to the bottom for a lot of songs and it took me having to squeal or shout to get it to move again.

The only thing that was better was I was able to play 27 songs back to back without a single crash.

About to try it with the hotfix installed... hopefully it's better and not worse!

And, please make the audio controls adjustable on the fly with a game controller as they were in previous Rock Band games. More DLC would be appreciated too. With the poor songs this season, if we're going to get metal, screamo or RBN songs, can we at least get 5 songs a week with a bit more variety so there's at least one genre or one song for everyone? Just 2 or 3 songs a week from the same genre doesn't go down well if we don't like it. It's been many, many months since there was a new song on Rock Band that I was excited about playing for the first time. It's just been a very disappointing season!
  • Graffin said:

File size is 3.3GB on XB1.

With the poor songs this season, if we're going to get metal, screamo or RBN songs, can we at least get 5 songs a week with a bit more variety so there's at least one genre or one song for everyone? Just 2 or 3 songs a week from the same genre doesn't go down well if we don't like it. It's been many, many months since there was a new song on Rock Band that I was excited about playing for the first time. It's just been a very disappointing season!
    What season have you been playing? :lol:
  • The problem seems fixed for me. If we list our platform and instrument, we'll be able to find patterns in what works and what doesn't.

Platform: XB1
    Instrument: PDP Jaguar
    Update fixed the note drops?: Yes
  • Something interesting I just noticed, not sure when it was changed, just had the cruise ship venue pop up and saw the band name no longer displayed in the background. A very minor thing, for sure, but it was one of the few venues that did that and I liked it.
  • The problem seems fixed for me. If we list our platform and instrument, we'll be able to find patterns in what works and what doesn't.

The problem seems fixed for me. If we list our platform and instrument, we'll be able to find patterns in what works and what doesn't.

As I mentioned above, the update had the opposite effect for me. I never had the note drops, but now I'm getting them. On XB1 using a MC Strat.
  • It still freezes for 3 seconds in the middle of the song. After that, the song was off sync.
    Restart to fix it.

• razzorrrazzorr Unsigned
    edited October 21
    The Hotfix has broke something on my game for the PS4. Going to Rivals hub it makes the points changing sound, but has a blank screen for a minute or two. Then go to Spotlight songs it take a minute or two till it fills in the screen. I restarted the PS4 and reset the network to see if that mite be it, but so far no luck.
  • thewickedchildthewickedchild Opening Act
    edited October 21
    I've had a few instances that felt like dropped notes, but it hasn't been an epidemic or anything... Ps4/strat.

Network was painfully slow when I tried to play earlier, but that might not be related to the update.
  • razzorrrazzorr Unsigned
    I am now thinking it is ether Harmonix's or Playstation network. Everything is working it is just very very slow to get Leaderboard or Rival Hub scores/updates.
  • Probably Harmonix since I am on Xbox and everything is painfully slow too...
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    Game is better with this hotfix but not perfect, i still miss notes i shouldnt and calibration keeps being off even after multiple attempts of recalibrating, it still freezes mid-song and the music keeps playing but it happens less too. I hope they can find a way for it to work better like before the last patch because it completely messes my scores for this week's challenge
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    Played online last night (PSN-N/A) and between the four of us, someone crashed out nearly every song. After about 8 songs, we gave up.

Also, had the freeze bug appear where the screen freezes, the song keeps playing for a bit, then either crashes or goes back to the home screen.

Finally, whenever you leave Rock Central for whatever reason, you can’t go back in without restarting the game.

All frustrating issues.
  • tati81tati81 Opening Act
    razzorr said:

I am now thinking it is ether Harmonix's or Playstation network. Everything is working it is just very very slow to get Leaderboard or Rival Hub scores/updates.

Same for me. It's slower than before.
  • kill_logickill_logic Unsigned
    edited October 22
    Still missing notes but not as many. Especially in a faster paced progression. It's not me either these are easily FC songs. Screen still glitches time to time as well
  • While playing online earlier, the game froze on one of the players twice, once completely crashing the game.
    The game's better after the hotfix. No more sinking arrow on vocals, and haven't had a single crash during the 70+ songs i've played in this challenge.

Just hoping for better and more DLC in the future!

Oh, and audio controls adjustable on the fly (please).
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    The note dropping issue on my Madcatz Xbox RB4 guitar is now fixed.
  • ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    we had a successful Rock band night Saturday, so I think the hotfix was a success
    :)
    I did have one strange glitch happen last night that has never happened before.

Was doing the Redneck spotlight song, and the screen froze midway through the song, but the audio kept on playing.

The game was totally unresponsive, so I had to close and relaunch RB4 on the PS4.
  • I noticed the old stuttering glitch is back, was playing The Devil in I and it started stuttering in the intro.
  • Graffin said:

I did have one strange glitch happen last night that has never happened before.

Was doing the Redneck spotlight song, and the screen froze midway through the song, but the audio kept on playing.

The game was totally unresponsive, so I had to close and relaunch RB4 on the PS4.

Had the same thing happen on a Killswitch Engage song on drums.