November 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: The Holiday Season Begins

Comments

• tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    KidSleez said:

Speaking of packs (we'll never get :p), we could use another Pink pack.

Does Pink even have 3 (or more) actual hits we don't already have in the library? There are so many other women/female-fronted bands that deserve a pack rather than getting MORE from an artist that already has 6 songs (which is a lot for an artist to have these days).
  • tdc002 said:

KidSleez said:

Does Pink even have 3 (or more) actual hits we don't already have in the library? There are so many other women/female-fronted bands that deserve a pack rather than getting MORE from an artist that already has 6 songs (which is a lot for an artist to have these days).
    Just like a pill, stupid girls, u and ur hand, just like fire, yeah theres a bunch.
  • tdc002 said:

KidSleez said:

As you can see from Grumble's list, Pink has enough hits not in RB to make at least a 6 pack or multiple 3 packs. There's some pretty big songs of hers we don't have and just my personal opinion, but I think the ones we already have are pretty fun to play too.
  • tdc002 said:

KidSleez said:

I'd say Just Like A Pill, Don't Let Me Get Me, Family Portrait, Feel Good Time, Stupid Girls, U + Ur Hand, Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely), Blow Me (One Last Kiss), Just Give Me a Reason and What About Us probably all count.

That said, I do agree that Pink's someone we probably least need a pack from any time soon.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited October 25
    ^^^ Too lazy to quote all you guys, but I will say I only recognize a handful songs out of those lists, and a few of them (like Just Give Me a Reason) wouldn't be suited well to Rock Band at all.

Plus, as we've seen before, just because a song ranked super high in the Billboard Hot 100 doesn't necessarily mean it's going to sell with with the Rock Band audience; otherwise "All About That Bass" and "Can't Hold Us" would have a lot more leaderboard plays.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I want “Try”. A lot. It may not be her biggest hit but to me it’s one of the finest pop tracks of the last decade.
  • I want “Try”. A lot. It may not be her biggest hit but to me it’s one of the finest pop tracks of the last decade.

One of the hundreds of songs leaving GHTV on December 1st.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited October 25
    My perfect P!nk 3-pack would probably be "Don't Let Me Get Me", "Just Like a Pill" and "U + Ur Hand". Not as big on her newer material. But I definitely agree that she has a TON of big songs that aren't in Rock Band yet.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    Maybe not perfect for Rock Band but Pink has at least 3 more songs that would be "more likely to be picked by singers at parties" than almost every song in this season's spotlight pass.

This is not meant to slag the spotlight pass but to endorse Pink.
  • tdc002 said:

^^^ Too lazy to quote all you guys, but I will say I only recognize a handful songs out of those lists, and a few of them (like Just Give Me a Reason) wouldn't be suited well to Rock Band at all.

Plus, as we've seen before, just because a song ranked super high in the Billboard Hot 100 doesn't necessarily mean it's going to sell with with the Rock Band audience; otherwise "All About That Bass" and "Can't Hold Us" would have a lot more leaderboard plays.

So going by your math and knowledge of Pink songs, you recognize a handful (5) and exclude a few (2)...5 minus 2 equals 3, or enough for a pack, even by your qualifications :p
  • Maybe not perfect for Rock Band but Pink has at least 3 more songs that would be "more likely to be picked by singers at parties" than almost every song in this season's spotlight pass.

This is not meant to slag the spotlight pass but to endorse Pink.

For me, Pink songs hit both areas. They're fun to play in RB and also hits/recognizable.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 26
    tdc002 said:

The leaderboard plays theory doesn't take into account RB parties which I'd guess is one of the most common sources of modern pop hit plays. Gaining the maximum leaderboard plays at a RB party would be very inconvenient (everyone signed in to a unique gamertag/PSN ID and signing out when each person has finished).

It's all about balance. Season 8 DLC so far is a very strong look into newer heavier music but is much less likely to be played at a RB party. Meanwhile if say Season 9 ended up filled with older hits and modern pop, it's much more likely to be played at a RB party but those wanting heavier music would be disappointed if the Season 8 DLC didn't exist.

Anyway, the RB twitter account did a RWBY tweet so it might be that next week is RWBY + RBN (like season 7) and then the following week is Reverbnation.
  • tdc002 said:

Anyway, the RB twitter account did a RWBY tweet so it might be that next week is RWBY + RBN (like season 7) and then the following week is Reverbnation.
    I would predict the RWBY songs for next week to get something right for once, but one time I predicted we were getting music and that week was the very first one without DLC so I won't risk it.
  • A lot of what you're saying about Pink is also true of at least two other female rock-influenced pop singers that made it big around the same time - Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson. Both of them have huge songs that aren't in Rock Band and would fall into that rare sweet spot of being pretty fun for instruments while also being obvious party tunes. For Avril, I suggested a three pack of Sk8er Boi, Girlfriend and I'm With You in my USL thread. For Kelly, Miss Independent, Since U Been Gone and My Life Would Suck Without You come to mind. I don't feel that more Pink is as obviously "missing" in the same way.
    In terms of Kelly Clarkson, we already have "Miss Independent", so swap it out with "Breakaway", "Walk Away", or "Behind These Hazel Eyes".

Your Avril pack is pretty perfect, but there are even more songs I'd want -- and a new album on the way, so promotional singles would be likely in any pack we got -- so I personally think we could use two more 3-packs by her, easy.
  • edited October 26
    The only Kelly song I have is the one from Blitz, so I guess I forgot that one.

Of course, neither artist is a high priority want for me, they just scratch a similar sort of itch that Pink does, and a three-pack of each would put their total songs at six apiece (though Pink's only got five available to purchase in the store). I'm With You is probably the most expendable of the three Avril tracks in my opinion, so I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if we got a new song over it. Sk8er Boi and Girlfriend feel almost essential!
  • There is only one female-sung song called Malibu I'd want, and it ain't by Miley Cyrus!
  • djb5f1 said:

If we are talking about female-led acts, Garbage’s Only Happy When It Rains is calling and seems reasonable since we got DLC from them fairly recently.

I think we'd get I Think I'm Paranoid first. While we haven't seen a rewind in over 5 months (the last one was Reptilia in May), the only artists this year where we've gotten a new song over a rewind were:
    - Bad Company (Bad Company instead of Shooting Star)
    - Coheed & Cambria (Unheavenly Creatures instead of Welcome Home)

I don't think rewinds as a concept is dead, just that RBN re-releases has been the last gen content focus for the past 5 months instead and someday rewinds will come back.
    Vexus said:

There is only one female-sung song called Malibu I'd want, and it ain't by Miley Cyrus!

I think I know which you're talking about, and it only didn't make the list because the artist was already on it! I'd gladly take it though! 3-pack with the above and a "Celebrity Skin" rewind?

I don't listen to any Miley in my personal time, but that's one of my favourite guilty pleasures from the radio in the past few years. Doesn't hurt that it features a prominent guitar part.
  • Funnily enough, I had a Hole three-pack suggestion too that was Malibu, Violet and Awful!
  • At least P!Nk for being pop works well in the game. Can’t say that about many of the pop songs we’ve gotten...
    edited October 26
    TheStuddz said:

All this P!nk convo got me to listen to her greatest hits album (which, trust me, is not something I'd normally EVER do), and it made me remember how great "Trouble" would be for the game. "Stupid Girls" has a fun guitar part too. Any of her stuff from 2000-2008 would be tons of fun.

Also, I agree with @DJB5F1. Get us that "Only Happy When It Rains"!

Other female-led songs I'd like:

Alanis Morissette - "Hands Clean"
    Blondie - "Dreaming"
    Cardigans - "Lovefool"
    Dido - "Thank You"
    Dolly Parton - "Jolene"
    Edie Brickell & New Bohemians - "What I Am"
    Heart - "Crazy On You"
    Hole - "Violet"
    Joni Mitchell - "Help Me"
    Michelle Branch - "Everywhere"
    Miley Cyrus - "Malibu"
    Portishead - "Sour Times"
    Pretenders - "Back on the Chain Gang"
    Roxette - "Joyride"
    Sheryl Crow - "Everyday is a Winding Road"
    Sixpence None the Richer - "Kiss Me"
    Til Tuesday - "Voices Carry"
    Tracy Chapman - "Fast Car"

Or ANYTHING by Alvvays, Big Thief, Fleetwood Mac, Alabama Shakes, First Aid Kit...

I definitely need some After Laughter tracks by Paramore immediately.

Here! I made a playlist exclusively for you Rock Band Forums users, with every song listed above and a bunch of other female-led songs that are big enough to be considered hits (to some degree) and fun enough that boring charts wouldn't be much of an issue (for the most part). I'd buy any of these immediately. And at 33 songs? That's like four months of Rock Band DLC! Go here with the ones you like.
  • djb5f1 said:

If we are talking about female-led acts, Garbage’s Only Happy When It Rains is calling and seems reasonable since we got DLC from them fairly recently.

I am just sitting here desperately wanting "Parade" from them
  • If we get Pretenders and we don’t get I’ll Stand By You . I’ll be calling into a depressive ward.
    edited October 26

If we get Pretenders and we don’t get I’ll Stand By You . I’ll be calling into a depressive ward.

A 3-pack with "Back on the Chain Gang", "I'll Stand By You" and either "Middle of the Road" or "Don't Get Me Wrong" would be ideal.
  • djb5f1 said:

I am just sitting here desperately wanting "Parade" from them
    Not female-fronted, but I'm desperately wanting Desperately Wanting (among others) by Better Than Ezra.
  • We definitely could use packs by Kelly and Avril. Clarkson probably has enough hits not in RB to fill out a 6 pack.