November 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: The Holiday Season Begins

Comments

• I'd be pretty irritated if we got a Duran Duran pack w/o Is There Something I Should Know.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    I think it’s more than coincidence that we haven’t gotten any James Bond theme song yet. I wouldn’t hold my breath for A View To A Kill.
  • I'd be pretty irritated if we got a Duran Duran pack w/o Is There Something I Should Know.

I wouldn't mind taking one of my 6 pack songs out and replacing it with Is There Something I Should Know.

Except Come Undone. Can't take that one out, I really want that one.

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited October 31

I think it’s more than coincidence that we haven’t gotten any James Bond theme song yet. I wouldn’t hold my breath for A View To A Kill.

It doesn't seem much different than the infamous Metallica situation (the big difference being that RB actually got Metallica to start with), the Bond license for games went from EA to Activision around the time RB started. The last EA Bond game came out in 2005/2006 meanwhile the first Activision Bond game came out in 2008. By the time Activision's time with the Bond license was over, RB was going on hiatus.

I wouldn't mind taking one of my 6 pack songs out and replacing it with Is There Something I Should Know.

Except Come Undone. Can't take that one out, I really want that one.

Honestly Ordinary World too. Both songs are pretty iconic for them.
    A View To A Kill seems less likely since it being tied to a film. I'd say we'd see Save A Prayer, There Something I Should Know, or Planet Earth over it to be honest.
  • I'd pay good money for a bond theme pack as long as it had living daylights by aha in it.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 1

November tends to be dreary so I predict November will be Grunge month:

11/8 - Candlebox

Far Behind
    You

11/15 - Cracker

Low
    Get Off This

11/22 - Sponge

Molly (16 Candles Down The Drain)
    Plowed

11/29 - New Songs from old Grunge bands

Alice In Chains - The One You Know
    Stone Temple Pilots - Never Enough

SPECIAL BONUS TRACK

Guns N Roses - November Rain

If we were ever going to get November Rain it would happen in November, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't be my first pick off the new STP album, but otherwise I'd be very okay with this month. Heck, just give me "Far Behind", "Low" and some AiC/STP and I don't even care if the rest of the month is filled with crappy RBN metalcore.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned

November tends to be dreary so I predict November will be Grunge month:

11/8 - Candlebox

Far Behind
    You

11/15 - Cracker

Low
    Get Off This

11/22 - Sponge

Molly (16 Candles Down The Drain)
    Plowed

11/29 - New Songs from old Grunge bands

Alice In Chains - The One You Know
    Stone Temple Pilots - Never Enough

SPECIAL BONUS TRACK

Guns N Roses - November Rain

If we were ever going to get November Rain it would happen in November, wouldn't it?

Were is the “Love” button.
  • 11/8: Hip-Hop/Rap 01:
    -It's Tricky - Run DMC
    -Lose Yourself - Eminem
    -Bust A Move - Young MC

11/15: More RBN Tracks:
    -Great Balls Of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis
    -Movies - Alien Ant Farm
    -Semi Charmed Life 09 - Third Eye Blind

11/22: Avril Lavigne 02:
    -Sk8er Boi
    -I'm With You
    -Girlfriend

11/29: 80's
    -St Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) - John Parr
    -Free Fallin - Tom Petty (Rewind)
    - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers

Would instant buy. Already own the Rewind too so obviously wouldn't buy that.
  • djb5f1 said:

Were is the “Love”

Black Eyed Peas Pack 01 confirmed!
  • Vexus said:

djb5f1 said:

Were is the “Love”

Gross.
  • Vexus said:

djb5f1 said:

Were is the “Love”

Gross.
    Reminder that this is a prediction thread, not a request thread.
  • Vexus said:

djb5f1 said:

Were is the “Love”

Gross.
    Would be better than most “Top Pop” of today’s music world. Where is the love would be my obvious choice though.
  • Where Is The Love is the only song by them that I wouldn't mind getting. Most of their music has not aged well...
  • Where Is The Love is the only song by them that I wouldn't mind getting. Most of their music has not aged well...

My Humps hasn't - that was awful even at the time!
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    I’ve grown to appreciate a lot of the 2000s pop I once hated... but I don’t see myself ever warming up to the Black Eyed Peas

Ditto...except for me, it'd be New Moon on Monday.
  • Vexus said:

Vexus said:

djb5f1 said:

Were is the “Love”

Gross.
    Well honestly, ever since the hints went away it’s mostly a request thread.
  • Vexus said:

Vexus said:

djb5f1 said:

Were is the “Love”

Gross.
    Well honestly, ever since the hints went away it’s mostly a request thread.
    I disagree, while the old hints system did focus the predictions more there's still logic behind the predictions nowadays. The patterns during seasons, the type of stuff that happens during season breaks, RBN positions in the RBN thread, etc.
    You're both right, to be honest. There is some logic behind the actual predictions but there are way too many who pretty much straight-up request stuff rather than try to apply any logic to it.

Meanwhile, those of us who actually use the Your Ultimate Setlist forum only ever see any discussion in the rare event that we get a song added to the game...
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 3
    Incase any of you were wondering about the logic behind my predictions, here they are:
    - Reverbnation pack - Plenty of season breaks have had free DLC.
    - 80s week - There's been a weird shortage of 80s this year so far (see below for details).
    - Carrie Underwood pack - I still think all the remaining RBVR songs will come to RB4 and Carrie Underwood had a new album released back in September.
    - Mixed singles week - we usually get at least a few new wave songs each year, so far the total is only 2 (Karma Chameleon and Hungry Like the Wolf)

80s DLC in 2018 so far:
    - We Got the Beat (rewind) - January
    - Here I Go Again (rewind) - January
    - I Remember You - January
    - Lonely is the Night - January
    - Karma Chameleon - April
    - Hungry Like the Wolf (rewind) - May
    - The Touch (RBN) - August
    - Pac-Man Fever (RBN) - August
    - Red Red Wine - September

80s DLC in 2017:
    - I Wanna Rock - February
    - Round and Round (rewind) - February
    - Don't You (Forget About Me) - February
    - Ace of Spades '08 (rewind) - February
    - Danger Zone - March
    - You Make My Dreams - April
    - Bizarre Love Triangle - April
    - Girls Just Want to Have Fun - June
    - Freewill - June
    - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) - September
    - Super Freak - September
    - Burnin' For You - September
    - Heat of the Moment - October
    - Eye of the Tiger (rewind) - October
    - Bad Reputation (rewind) - November
    - Blister in the Sun - November
    - 18 and Life - December
    - Come on Eileen - December
    - The Final Countdown - December

2016 also got 19 80s songs.
  • edited November 3
    I think if we got more country it would be part of a variety pack, not an artists pack. Ideally with at least one song that appeals to a wider audience, like Jolene as it's a classic, or high horse by Kacey musgraves with its cross over pop appeal.
  • I think if we got more country it would be part of a variety pack, not an artists back. Ideally with at least one song that appeals to wider audience, like Jolene as it's a classic, or high horse by Kacey musgraves with its cross over pop appeal.

The logic was more towards the RBVR gap, predicting essentially why We Got the Beat was the last RBVR song released so far when there's still 10 songs left. Most of the artists left could easily get artist packs either a result of new albums out, big hits missing and/or the Of Mice & Men approach of pairing RBN songs with the newer song. Carrie Underwood would fit in the first 2 categories.