November 2018 DLC Prediction Thread: The Holiday Season Begins

Comments

• thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    edited November 2018
    Vexus said:

Where Is The Love is the only song by them that I wouldn't mind getting. Most of their music has not aged well...

My Humps hasn't - that was awful even at the time!
    I’ll take Alanis Morissette’s cover.

• BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    All the DD talk... I’ll take any/all of it. If only this thread was based on something tangible.
  • I think if we got more country it would be part of a variety pack, not an artists back. Ideally with at least one song that appeals to wider audience, like Jolene as it's a classic, or high horse by Kacey musgraves with its cross over pop appeal.

The logic was more towards the RBVR gap, predicting essentially why We Got the Beat was the last RBVR song released so far when there's still 10 songs left. Most of the artists left could easily get artist packs either a result of new albums out, big hits missing and/or the Of Mice & Men approach of pairing RBN songs with the newer song. Carrie Underwood would fit in the first 2 categories.
    I get what you're saying, I'm just looking at their history of country tracks. Most come in Goin Country variety packs. We've only had 3 artist specific country packs if I recall correctly, and a few single or on disc tracks. So it seems more likely to go the variety path.

• I think if we got more country it would be part of a variety pack, not an artists back. Ideally with at least one song that appeals to wider audience, like Jolene as it's a classic, or high horse by Kacey musgraves with its cross over pop appeal.

The logic was more towards the RBVR gap, predicting essentially why We Got the Beat was the last RBVR song released so far when there's still 10 songs left. Most of the artists left could easily get artist packs either a result of new albums out, big hits missing and/or the Of Mice & Men approach of pairing RBN songs with the newer song. Carrie Underwood would fit in the first 2 categories.
    I get what you're saying, I'm just looking at their history of country tracks. Most come in Goin Country variety packs. We've only had 3 artist specific country packs if I recall correctly, and a few single or on disc tracks. So it seems more likely to go the variety path.

I have taken that into account, we got 4 artist specific country packs and one of them was a Carrie Underwood pack.

I have taken that into account, we got 4 artist specific country packs and one of them was a Carrie Underwood pack.
    You're right forgot about zac brown.
  • I am going to do an optimistic prediction of the rest of the spotlight pass. I would be surprised if we didn't get some BTBAM coming over from RBN soon though.

Week 1
    Classic Hip Hop Tracks

Kurtis Blow -- The Breaks
    Run D.M.C. -- Rock Box
    Sugarhill Gang -- Rapper's Delight

Week 2
    All That Remains 02

Days Without
    For We Are Many
    Forever In Your Hands
    Hold On
    The Waiting One
    Undone

Week 3
    Modern Metal Tracks

Ghost -- Square Hammer
    Jinjer -- Pisces
    Slipknot -- Are You Ready

Week 4
    Between The Buried And Me 01

Alaska
    All Bodies
    Mordecai
    Obfuscation
    Prequel To The Sequel(DLC Rewind)
    Selkies: The Endless Obsession

Week 5
    Mid 2000's Singles

30 Seconds To Mars -- From Yesterday
    My Chemical Romance -- Ghost Of You
    Fall Out Boy -- Grand Theft Autumn
    Paramore -- Emergency

Week 6
    A Day To Remember 01

2nd Sucks
    All Signs Point To Lauderdale
    Better Off This Way
    Have Faith In Me
    It's Complicated
    Sticks & Bricks
    The Plot To Bomb The Panhandle

Week 7
    Disturbed 05

Are You Ready
    Remember
    The Light

Week 8
    RBN Singles

Eiffel 65 --Blue(Da Ba Dee)
    Sunny Day Real Estate -- Seven
    The Slip -- Even Rats
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited November 2018

30 Seconds To Mars -- From Yesterday
    My Chemical Romance -- Ghost Of You
    Fall Out Boy -- Grand Theft Autumn
    Paramore -- Emergency

Wow. Instant Buy. I've wanted all four of those songs for quite awhile now.
  • We need the RBN Sunny Day Real Estate 3-Pack.

I should have done that tbh
  • Harmonix said something not so long ago about DLC being big on holidays?
  • silvioles said:

Harmonix said something not so long ago about DLC being big on holidays?

The tease in July may have been for season 9. That season covers late November, December and most of January.
  • I am going to do an optimistic prediction of the rest of the spotlight pass. I would be surprised if we didn't get some BTBAM coming over from RBN soon though.

That's Disturbed, not Slipknot :tongue:
  • coolkat said:

I am going to do an optimistic prediction of the rest of the spotlight pass. I would be surprised if we didn't get some BTBAM coming over from RBN soon though.

That's Disturbed, not Slipknot :tongue:
    And now I can't remember if I wanted The Negative One or All Out Life. It's one of those.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 2018
    Some last minute November predictions. Only two weeks of which I like, and zero weeks that I expect to be right.

November 15
    Band of Horses 01

Casual Party
    The Funeral
    No One's Gonna Love You

November 22
    Sleeping With Sirens singles

If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn
    If You Can't Hang

November 29
    Modern rock singles

Interpol - "The Rover"
    Weezer - "Can't Knock the Hustle" (Spotlight Pass)
  • @TheStuddz You were 2/3 correct, they picked Is There A Ghost over Casual Party.
  • TheStuddz said:

Some last minute November predictions. Only two weeks of which I like, and zero weeks that I expect to be right.

November 15
    Band of Horses 01

Casual Party
    The Funeral
    No One's Gonna Love You

The right day, right pack, 2/3 songs!!! Closest I've EVER been, ayyyyy!
  • Interesting price point of $4.99 for the 3-pack.
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    What the hell what happened to Casual Party?? :/
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    You're telling me @TheStuddz almost exactly predicted a pack 23 minutes before its announcement?

You sure you're not secretly working at Harmonix? 🤔
  • djb5f1 said:

Interesting price point of $4.99 for the 3-pack.

Is this the first time they've priced a 3-pack at $4.99? Cool stuff, especially for one of my favourite RBN artists to get it.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    djb5f1 said:

Interesting price point of $4.99 for the 3-pack.

Huh, I didn't notice that before. I'm guessing the price is cheaper because these are all re-released songs?
  • You're telling me @TheStuddz almost exactly predicted a pack 23 minutes before its announcement?

You sure you're not secretly working at Harmonix? 🤔

I wish, but no! Promise!

(If we get Sleeping With Sirens next week though...I might even begin questioning myself.)
  • OK, now they're just highlighting that they're not licensing the VR songs, unless this is one of those "we were in successful talks with this band for a bunch of songs but had to put the crossover in a separate release" deals ala Avenged Sevenfold...*crosses fingers*.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 2018
    This looks like a case of discounted pack exists because all the songs are RBN, if Casual Party was in the pack I doubt it would be discounted (see how the Of Mice & Men pack was full price) so I think it'll come later (perhaps with The Great Salt Lake).
    TheMurals said:

OK, now they're just highlighting that they're not licensing the VR songs, unless this is one of those "we were in successful talks with this band for a bunch of songs but had to put the crossover in a separate release" deals ala Avenged Sevenfold...*crosses fingers*.

One possible explanation for Band of Horses could be line-up changes. After their first album, everyone quit Band of Horses except the lead singer. The other two songs in the pack feature Rob Hampton, who quit the band in 2009. It's a long shot, but if these earlier band members are still rights holders, there's a chance they may not want their music mixed with new Band of Horses music (Casual Party).
  • I imagine this is the closest they can come (legally) to saying, "please stop torturing yourself about getting the rest of the RBVR songs", but that's just a guess on my part. Hope never dies.

It looks to me like "The Funeral" is the only one of these songs that was charted by the Harmony Project, and that is indeed the one song that shows up in the preview with harmonies.
  • It looks to me like "The Funeral" is the only one of these songs that was charted by the Harmony Project, and that is indeed the one song that shows up in the preview with harmonies.

Always bums me out when RBN songs show up without harmonies, but one is better than none!
  • At the least, the pack makes @Razor_Shark's ADTR pack seem more likely.
    TheStuddz said:

It looks to me like "The Funeral" is the only one of these songs that was charted by the Harmony Project, and that is indeed the one song that shows up in the preview with harmonies.

Always bums me out when RBN songs show up without harmonies, but one is better than none!
    At least they have proper pro drums. All 3 of these were RBN 1.0 songs.
This discussion has been closed.