DLC Discussion Thread: Finger Eleven, The Shins, Stroke 9, and Jeff Williams ft. Casey Lee Williams!

Comments

• ekffazrekffazr Unsigned
    4 songs? great
    0 I know? that's ok, I am pretty niche

I may pick up 1 or 2 of these........
  • Seeing the entire pass now, I can divide the songs into 3 categories.

Songs I would have bought:

When the Curtain Falls
    Graffiti
    My Demons
    Back to Me

Songs I like, but will probably not play again:

Unheavenly Creatures
    Uncomfortable
    Three Lives

Nope:

Everything else

So yeah, regretting the pass pretty bad this time.
  • I would have bought Paralyzer 100% but there are no harmonies...? Pretty sure I can clearly hear them. So I'm on the fence for it.
  • MCSMeisterMCSMeister Road Warrior
    Vexus said:

tnevaker said:

i'm glad that RWBY song isn't free, because if it was free i'd feel obligated to download it even though i don't really want it. maybe we can retroactively make the other RWBY song not free too? that way i can not own that one either.

Why would anyone want less free content?
    Not to mention "This Will Be the Day" is easily one of the most fun free songs we've gotten in Rivals. I don't understand why someone would want to disown it.
  • jaystonepkjaystonepk Opening Act

Backpack does look like the most interesting-to-me chart, and if my crew is to have any hope of keeping bloodstone streak alive I'll need to buy that (and hope one of our drummers wakes up this week).

Hey now, I played Dream Genie on drums this week. While it wasn't on expect, I did surprisingly well as I think that was a sightread.
  • The only one of these songs I knew was Paralyzer. I listened to the preview video and I like all the songs well enough except for that Rooster Teeth song.

Normally one bad song would make me a little sad, but not this week since we got 3 other good songs!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal

Seeing the entire pass now, I can divide the songs into 3 categories.

Songs I would have bought:

When the Curtain Falls
    Graffiti
    My Demons
    Back to Me

Songs I like, but will probably not play again:

Unheavenly Creatures
    Uncomfortable
    Three Lives

Nope:

Everything else

So yeah, regretting the pass pretty bad this time.

I don't necessarily regret buying the pass, but it's pretty clear to me that it's the weakest one yet. Some good tracks, but some bad ones, and some that probably didn't belong in there in the first place.
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    Great week for DLC this week! I really like the Stroke 9 song, and I had no idea it was a RBN song. I just wish the RWBY song was free like the last one was, but considering how fun it was $2 is fair.
  • I can now fully rank the season, Unheavenly Creatures has also gone up a few places:
    1. Uncomfortable
    2. Back to Me
    3. Jamie All Over
    4. When I Get Home You're So Dead
    5. Second & Sebring
    6. Those in Glass Houses
    7. Paralyzer
    8. My Demons
    9. Three Lives
    10. Graffiti
    11. HTML Rulez D00d
    12. Little Black Backpack '09
    13. Simplify
    14. Unheavenly Creatures
    15. Time to Say Goodbye
    16. Australia
    17. When the Curtain Falls
    18. Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over
    19. Pictures of Girls
    20. Business Time
    21. The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room)
  • 1. Graffiti
    2. Unheavenly Creatures
    3. Uncomfortable
    4. Three Lives
    5. When The Curtain Falls
    6. Paralyzer
    7. Back To Me
    8. Australia
    9. Jamie All Over
    10. When I Get Home You're So Dead
    11. Simplify
    12. HTML Rulez D00d
    13. Second & Sebring
    14. Those In Glass Houses
    15. Little Black Backpack
    16. Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over
    17. My Demons
    18. Pictures of Girls
    19. Time to Say Goodbye
    20. The Most Beautiful Girl In The Room
    21. Business Time

There's mine.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    1. Graffiti
    2. Unheavenly Creatures
    3. When The Curtain Falls
    4. Three Lives
    5. Uncomfortable
    6. My Demons
    ---- buy line, bought above, did not buy below
    7. Little Black Backpack
    8. Australia
    9. Paralyzer
    10. Business Time
    11. The Most Beautiful Girl In The Room
    12. Those In Glass Houses
    ---- watchlist line. Things above this I didn't buy on the spot but I could foresee buying one day.
    Back To Me
    Jamie All Over
    When I Get Home You're So Dead
    Simplify
    HTML Rulez D00d
    Second & Sebring
    Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over
    Pictures of Girls
    Time to Say Goodbye

The rest I didn't bother to put in any semblance of numbered order because disinterest is disinterest. They just happen to be in the same order as the post i copypasted them from.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    1. When the Curtain Falls
    2. The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room
    3. Business Time
    4. Paralyzer (don’t love it but will probably buy it just because)
    5. Simplify
    6. Unheavenly Creatures

Those are the ones I bought, the last two because they were discounted. Feel for those who bought the pass. Yikes...
  • GLaDOSGLaDOS Opening Act
    Nice week, I'll be picking up "Paralyzer" and maybe "Australia"

The RWBY song not being free is a surprise but I wasn't really interested either way so that's fine
    1. "My Demons"
    2. "Unheavenly Creatures"
    3. "Business Time"
    4. "When the Curtain Falls"
    5. "Uncomfortable"
    6. "Pictures of Girls"
    7. "Three Lives"
    8. "Simplify"
    9. "HTML Rulez D00d"
    10. "Graffiti"
    11. "Back to Me"
    12. "Little Black Backpack '09"
    Surprisingly there is not a single song in the pass that I hate... which is a first but everything after Three Lives is a meh that I would not buy normally. But in general this Pass did not have any songs that got me super excited like the other ones

The only Non-Spotlight Pass songs I like this season is The Most Beautiful Girl (In the Room) and the three songs this week
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    My ranking probably goes something like this, but 5-8 and 17-21 could probably be re-arranged in any way and still be fair enough.

1. When The Curtain Falls
    2. Australia
    3. Paralyzer
    4. Graffiti
    5. Little Black Backpack
    6. When I Get Home You're So Dead
    7. Simplify
    8. Jamie All Over
    9. Uncomfortable
    10. Business Time
    11. Pictures of Girls
    12. The Most Beautiful Girl In The Room
    13. Unheavenly Creatures
    14. Three Lives
    15. My Demons
    16. Back To Me
    17. HTML Rulez D00d
    18. Time to Say Goodbye
    19. Second & Sebring
    20. Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over
    21. Those In Glass Houses
  • Just dawned on me that Paralyzer will be the first non-pass song I've bought this season. Yikes.
  • I could see Time to Say Goodbye being spotlight for the last ever Rivals challenge in RB4.
  • edited October 30
    As for the Spotlight Pass, my ranking would look like this:

1. ''HTML Rulez D00d''
    2. "Unheavenly Creatures"
    3. "Three Lives"
    4. "Uncomfortable"
    5. "Graffiti"
    6. "Back to Me"
    7. "When the Curtain Falls"
    8. "My Demons"
    9. "Pictures of Girls"
    10. "Business Time"
    11. "Little Black Backpack '09"
    12. "Simplify"

So yeah, this weeks spotlight pass song is not my thing. RWBY's song is instant buy. The other 2, pass.
  • Weddings and Red Dead won't stop me from buying this weeks DLC. It felt good to have a mini break though. Definitely picking all of these up.
  • Paralyzer is one of my favorite songs of all time (which is strange, cuz I’m far from a big Finger Eleven fan), so I’m thrilled to see it avavailable!

Little Black Backpack is a fun song I remember from back in the day, so I’ll pick that up too..

Not familiar with Australia - I’ll look into it..

All in all - GREAT week!
  • Whoa, would be nice to get weeks like this more often! Nice variety of stuff.

I had a feeling yesterday and earlier today that we might get Paralyzer this week. Surprised to find we really got it!

Totally forgot about Little Black Backpack. I don't even remember it being in RBN.

Not familiar with The Shins as a lot of people here are, but this one sounds OK.

I'll probably be getting all 3 of these. The RWBY song, on the other hand...well, I liked This Will Be the Day, but this one, not so much. Kinda wish it was reversed and we got this one for free, because I probably would've paid for This Will Be the Day.
  • patl175patl175 Unsigned
    2 songs from rbn i wanted back woohoo!! Now i only have 83 songs left on my rbn wishlist, dont wanna get my hopes up but i dont think i'll ever have them all back haha
  • Cool week! Thanks to the bands and to Harmonix. Finally caught up on DLC and playing again. Hooray!
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited October 31
    Out of all the novelty tie-in DLC they could've done, RWBY is a REALLY left-field choice. It's just not a terribly popular show. Then again, they premiere episodes had special screening in theaters, so there's definitely an audience there. I'm just not sure how much crossover there is between one niche audience (RWBY) and another (Rock Band). I understand giving us the free one (I've seen as much RWBY as I have The Rocker, that is to say precisely 0 minutes of it) but I'm not sure how well the for-pay songs will actually sell.

I guess the only upside is J-Rock (technically this is a J-Rock soundalike) is a really under represented genre, so there's that.

[EDIT]
    Forgot to mention since this is a promotional thing, I'm sure licensing is considerably different from typical DLC. Didn't want to imply this was a bad deal on HMX's end. They clearly know what they're doing.
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    dinoman said:

dinoman said:

We only need America now!

What, no one got it?

We've got
    Asia - Heat of the Moment
    Europe - The Final Countdown
    Toto - Africa
    and now
    The Shins - Australia

Now if we get America - Horse with no Name, i'd be a happy geogrageek
  • ugxwolfugxwolf Unsigned
    RWBY automatically makes this a good week for me. Can't wait for the likely inclusion of "Red Like Roses." That one'll be fun. Though maybe it'll be the new OP, instead? Possible. Basically all RWBY music seems practically designed for this kinda thing.

Paralyzer is also pretty great. Don't really know the other two, but I'll give them a shot. This week's challenge may be very interesting if all these songs are in it.