DLC Discussion Thread: Finger Eleven, The Shins, Stroke 9, and Jeff Williams ft. Casey Lee Williams!

Comments

• grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 1
    Vexus said:

Follow You Down would've fitted perfectly with the alternative feel of the spotlights while still being a song which hasn't been used as spotlight in a while.

But I'm not sure whether this'll be a direct "all 90s songs eligible" challenge as that would be over 400 songs which is a lot compared to the rest of season 8's challenges.

If it is, then it's also very odd that three of the songs that came out this week would be eligible. It's probably more like the classic rock week from earlier this season - 90s songs and ones that sound like they could have come out then.
    There were plenty of season 6/7 RBN songs not eligible for that week's challenge and I think RWBY is well known enough that Time to Say Goodbye would do well even if it's not part of the challenge so I wouldn't be surprised if only Little Black Backpack is eligible this week.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    I've never watched RWBY, but Monty Oum was the 3D animation wizard behind early fan animations like Haloid and I imagine the action must be pretty impressive.

I presume the series is still ongoing under new stewardship. When Oum passed, fandom lost one of its greats.
  • Anyone else having issues with getting the new songs? They're listed in the store but purchasing doesn't seem to work for them, and Little Black Backpack isn't in the ready to download section on the dashboard. Xbox/UK, if that matters.
  • Vexus said:

Anyone else having issues with getting the new songs? They're listed in the store but purchasing doesn't seem to work for them, and Little Black Backpack isn't in the ready to download section on the dashboard. Xbox/UK, if that matters.

It's the usual case of the songs not being uploaded on the main Xbox store yet, the ingame store links to the main store and comes up with errors when the file doesn't exist. The songs coming late on Xbox has been happening for 4 months now.
  • Vexus said:

Anyone else having issues with getting the new songs? They're listed in the store but purchasing doesn't seem to work for them, and Little Black Backpack isn't in the ready to download section on the dashboard. Xbox/UK, if that matters.

It's the usual case of the songs not being uploaded on the main Xbox store yet, the ingame store links to the main store and comes up with errors when the file doesn't exist. The songs coming late on Xbox has been happening for 4 months now.
    I would say "sad reacts only" but we don't have sad reacts.

Sad reacts only.
  • edited November 1
    @HMXOwl No songs on xbox?? US

Any insight into this?
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    tnevaker said:

dinoman said:

tnevaker said:

dinoman said:

dinoman said:

We only need America now!

What, no one got it?

We've got
    Asia - Heat of the Moment
    Europe - The Final Countdown
    Toto - Africa
    and now
    The Shins - Australia

Now if we get America - Horse with no Name, i'd be a happy geogrageek
    Dammit! :p
    hey, there's still Antarctica.
    But first, Amberian Dawn - Arctica. Amirite?
  • snysny
    edited November 1
    dinoman said:

Surely you meant Sonata Arctica - Flag In The Ground... ;)

Preferably adding Juliet and Fullmoon from them as well, to make for a nice RBN-new song mixed pack.

Oh, and I love the choice of Stroke 9 for the spotlight pass, I didn't know that song but like it a lot! Grabbed all but the RWBY song so far, I'm on the fence about that one but the rest are quite fun.
  • sny said:

dinoman said:

Surely you meant Sonata Arctica - Flag In The Ground... ;)
    Can't we have both?
  • RB DLC stream on Wednesday confirmed during today's Fallout 76 stream.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I love DLC streams, as long as they aren't DLC (is ending) streams.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 1
    They said it's a special DLC release so I'm sticking with my prediction thread guess of the Reverbnation pack.
  • New DLC still not available on XB1?
  • KidSleez said:

New DLC still not available on XB1?

Doesn't look like it. I was going to pick-up a song on release day for the first time in quite a while (Paralyzer) only to find I can't purchase the song on XBox. Boo....
  • chexmixho said:

KidSleez said:

New DLC still not available on XB1?

Doesn't look like it. I was going to pick-up a song on release day for the first time in quite a while (Paralyzer) only to find I can't purchase the song on XBox. Boo....
    Same here. Getting the dots of doom via in game store and can't find it on xbox.com either.
  • Xbox Live as a whole is a bit of a mess at the moment, service issues have been unusually common recently too. Could be related.
  • At least they're listed in the in-game store now. You still can't buy them though.
  • Was able to get Paralyzer through XBox.com just now so I guess they finally got everything up?
  • Yep, everything's been up for a little while now. Think it got sorted about 1:30pm-ish my time.
  • Was getting bad checking after every set only to see the eternal ellipses in-store ... :( last night.
    Glad to hear MS figured it out.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    Of all the songs that get the opening week discount, I thought RBN songs would be there. But music licensing is hard, I guess.
  • I remember that "Australia" song from Project Gotham Racing 4 (RIP Bizarre Creations). I'm getting that song for sure.
  • So I really don't like Little Black Backpack as a song, but it wasn't awful to play. That's the nicest thing I can say about it.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    "Little Black Backpack" has been my best surprise from the RBN ports. I don't think I'd ever heard it, or was even aware that it was part of the RBN, but it totally scratches my 90's alternative itch. I'm glad we got it, even though I wasn't previously asking for it.
  • Little Black Backpack is a good example of a song that I like to get in Rock Band, as it was popular, but there are still people discovering it (as I can see in the responses). It's one of those songs you heard a lot back in its day that hasn't been played to death since. It's still there, filling out an alternative radio station's playlist, probably not going to get played every day but if you listen long enough you'll catch it.