November 6th Newsletter Discussion

kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
edited November 6 in Rock Band
Apart from today's DLC announcement, there's more!

Per newsletter:

"All this week (November 7 - November 14), Rock Band 4 owners will have full access to the Rivals expansion! That's right, we're talking Rivals Mode, Online Quickplay, 44 FREE songs, Rockudrama, the whole 9 yards. As if that weren't enough, we're celebrating with a special, one-week Challenge with an exclusive Track Skin as a reward. So go join a Crew and get a taste of what Rivals is all about."

Comments

• TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    I get that they'll be able to try the free songs, online quickplay, and Rockudrama, but what exactly would be the point in trying Rivals mode on an off-week? There's no challenge going on = very little to do in that mode.
  • @TheStuddz Re-read the info, there's a challenge this week so no season break like between seasons 0 and 1.
  • I think it’s great they are trying to get casuals interested in the game. But with all the recent game releases I don’t think they’ll budge much. Especially if they’ve lost any instruments and go look at the prices for new...

I’d say almost all the hardcore, at least once a week, players have Rivals.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    Is this like the free weekend(s) they had where even people who don't have Plus/Gold could play? Or is that still a barrier?

@TheStuddz Re-read the info, there's a challenge this week so no season break like between seasons 0 and 1.

Whoops! My bad. A special one-week challenge eh? Interesting.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    It appears to be a break in between season challenges with a one-off stand-alone challenge
  • djb5f1 said:

It appears to be a break in between season challenges with a one-off stand-alone challenge

I agree, if it was an "official" challenge, wouldn't at least one of the new dlc be listed as a spotlight? I think they mean this is like a "try it before you buy it" type week and the next season is next week, so we have Christmas off.
  • If this is week one of the new season, week 8 ends on Christmas day.

If we get a week off with this challenge being unique, week 8 ends on New years day.

It would be nice to have clarification on what they mean by a "one week challenge".

I think it would be neat to just have one week (not part of a season) where new people can join a crew without obligation, see what it's like to run through a challenge, and make a decision on whether or not to commit to a crew for a full season. Otherwise you have these people just quitting after week one of a season.
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 6
    @twistedoak You're a week out, we've got either November 8th - January 1st (week 1 this week) or November 15th - January 8th (week 1 next week) if no breaks during the season. The wording suggests the latter but it's not a break in both cases anyway, you're still needing to participate in a challenge this week to earn an exclusive reward.
  • twistedoaktwistedoak Unsigned
    edited November 6
    @grumblevolcano You're right, I missed a week somewhere.

No break with this week being week 1 means week 8 ends on New Years Day.

This week being optional with next week starting week 1 means week 8 ends on January 8.

Either way you look at it, it will be a rough season with two challenges ending on a holiday.

I'm inclined to agree that this is a unique challenge between seasons and not the start of the new season, but clarification would be nice. Would there be a week off after this week? Do we start the new season right away? IS this week 1?
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    I'm guessing the special challenge is going to be all RB4+Rivals songs. That would be a nice sized challenge that wouldn't need to include any DLC.
  • edited November 6
    According to HmxDan on reddit. Season Starts 29th and everyone in the top 90 % gets the free week reward.
  • According to HmxDan on reddit. Seaso. Starts 29th and everyone in the top 90 % gets the free week reward.

29th November?
  • According to HmxDan on reddit. Seaso. Starts 29th and everyone in the top 90 % gets the free week reward.

29th November?
    Yup
    So this standalone challenge AND a two-week break. That's a nice lengthy break indeed.
  • Anyone else having issues logging in to play Rivals since they made this announcement? Says i'm locked out whether I am using my RB4 disc or RB4 w/ Rivals disc.
  • ingrates said:

Anyone else having issues logging in to play Rivals since they made this announcement? Says i'm locked out whether I am using my RB4 disc or RB4 w/ Rivals disc.

It's an xbox problem, not specific to rock band.
  • thatmarkguythatmarkguy Road Warrior
    TheStuddz said:

So this standalone challenge AND a two-week break. That's a nice lengthy break indeed.

Enough time to get the next patch coded and tested and pushed through first party qa before season launch?
  • ingrates said:

Anyone else having issues logging in to play Rivals since they made this announcement? Says i'm locked out whether I am using my RB4 disc or RB4 w/ Rivals disc.

I'm not sure of that. I was playing through a 10 song setlist and at about song #5 or 6, it stopped counting LP for me. Seemed to still be scoring XP though.
  • KidSleez said:

ingrates said:

I'm not sure of that. I was playing through a 10 song setlist and at about song #5 or 6, it stopped counting LP for me. Seemed to still be scoring XP though.
    It's not a debate though, you can just head to support channels and whatnot to see.

• HMXOwl said:

KidSleez said:

ingrates said:

It's not a debate though, you can just head to support channels and whatnot to see.

Makes sense. It was just a guess anyway, as I had little evidence on my end. It just seemed odd that the only issue on my end was that LP stopped counting and when I quit that show and created a new set list, it started working again.
  • djb5f1djb5f1 Unsigned
    Very minor (possible a display/refresh issue) but there was a song last night where a crew mate had played and was 2nd place. So we had 9500 LP.

I played the song on the same instrument and beat his score. I was 2nd (9500) and he was dropped to 3rd (9000). After playing the song, the total LP for our crew remained at 9500 instead of going to 18,500.

I scrolled through the library or played another song and by the time I returned to the song from before, it was showing 18,500.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    It seems to take a while for LP to update. I was playing earlier in the weekend and racked up about 50k LP but the in-game Rivals Hub showed me with 150 and an average of like 14.7. After a bit it all showed up as it should.
  • You guys were very lucky then, I couldn't play any songs last night. Every time I clicked on a song, it said the song had become unavailable.

So I couldn't get any LP or XP for my group. I hadn't played Monday planning to double up Tuesday, but instead got zero for both days.

Very sad.

I haven't checked to see if it is fixed yet today...
  • My problem with LP was strange. As I mentioned, I was 5 or 6 songs into a 10 song set list. I noticed after one song (can't remember which one), it didn't show my LP on the song results screen. It did show other stats, including XP. So I played the next song (Tyler by The Toadies) because not many people had played it this week. I GS'd it and had one of the top 3 or 4 scores. But it didn't note my LP scored at the end of song stats screen, so I quit the show and exited to the song selection screen. On the panel that shows top scores/LP, my score was nowhere to be found. It did record my XP and my GS appeared on the song selection screen, however.

I started a new set list and my LP started counting again after that. So I have no idea what really happened.
  • LordFlatusLordFlatus Rising Star
    You might've disconnected from Rock Central, and therefore your song play stats didn't get transmitted (or count). Maybe...
  • You might've disconnected from Rock Central, and therefore your song play stats didn't get transmitted (or count). Maybe...

Yeah, guess it may have been a temporary disconnection? Once I exited the Rivals Hub, I was able to get into an online session. But with whatever problems XBox was having, maybe it disconnected me at the time I was in the set list. Didn't wind up affecting the crew anyway, so no big deal. Just seemed weird.