DLC Discussion Thread: The Horses are In, the Owl has Flown the Coop

Comments

• Super excited these are making a comeback, I missed them on RBN since I really only got into this band a couple years ago. Some of the few RBN tracks I was waiting on. Thanks HMX <3
  • razor63razor63 Unsigned
    I'm in for The Funeral. I missed that one back in RB3, so now it's official DLC, I'll pick it up.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    Awesome pack and finally getting some great RBN songs back that I owned on the PS3.... only 343 to go!
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    I don't know Band of Horses. First song sounds like the Shins. Second song reminds me of Clocks from Coldplay. Neither of these is a bad thing but the drums look a little too easy for me to pick them up without knowing/liking the music more. Might pick up a track down the road.
  • djb5f1 said:

Speaking of indie rock with a southern twinge, need more My Morning Jacket.

You're not wrong, but I can't see or hear them without being reminded of that one American Dad episode.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited November 14
    Speaking of southern-influenced rock, we need more Alabama Shakes.

(But I don't think of them as southern rock, and I think their genre designation in RB4 should be changed to blues or something.)
  • Wonder if theres another reward this week.
  • The last challenge unlocked "Effects Track 01", which to me suggests this week's one will get us "Effects Track 02".
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    tnevaker said:

a vox-focused challenge is appropriate for free Rivals week, seeing as the microphone is the most easily accessible instrument to buy these days.

And, also makes up for that one week where there was an instrumental spotlight song! :)
  • tnevaker said:

a vox-focused challenge is appropriate for free Rivals week, seeing as the microphone is the most easily accessible instrument to buy these days.

Wasn't last week the free week? I think today was the last day.
  • I think the schedule was two non-season weeks, one bye week, and then S9.
  • The 3 songs are available on the Xbox store but not the pack.
  • The 3 songs are available on the Xbox store but not the pack.

Guess they'll be getting an extra $.98+tax if it isn't a pack by the time I get home. :D
  • kal_el_0724kal_el_0724 Opening Act
    Is the pack price in the OP incorrect? On PS4, it's $5.49.
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    $4.99 seemed like a nice bonus / pricing experiment but maybe it was just a misprint. Awkward. Yeah, I am also seeing $5.49 (PSN North America, store accessed through PS Store on a computer).
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    djb5f1 said:

Speaking of indie rock with a southern twinge, need more My Morning Jacket.

"I'm Amazed" by My Morning Jacket came through RBN back in the day. Maybe that'll get a re-release.
    TheStuddz said:

Speaking of southern-influenced rock, we need more Alabama Shakes.

(But I don't think of them as southern rock, and I think their genre designation in RB4 should be changed to blues or something.)

Blues is another one of those sub-genres that is super under represented, but there are songs in the library that could easily be sorted as Blues to actually give it a decent amount of songs. George Thorogood, Gary Clarke Jr, Benjamin Booker, etc totally could have been sorted with Blues rather than Rock, which is already massive to begin with.

I can understand sorting Alabama Shakes' first album under Southern Rock, but not their second one (the only one we have a song from). I think they should be Blues too.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior

The 3 songs are available on the Xbox store but not the pack.

The pack is available in the Xbox store now, but the price is $5.49, not $4.99 as advertised.
  • tdc002 said:

The 3 songs are available on the Xbox store but not the pack.

The pack is available in the Xbox store now, but the price is $5.49, not $4.99 as advertised.
    I see the price being the normal 3 pack price but you can't buy it, comes up with an error.
  • Price is supposed to be 5.49, dan confirmed on reddit the blog was an error apparently
  • The Funeral is broken as a spotlight and weekly challenge song. It's not taking any scores I submit for it on vocals.
  • The Funeral is broken as a spotlight and weekly challenge song. It's not taking any scores I submit for it on vocals.

What System are you on?
  • grumblevolcanogrumblevolcano Headliner
    edited November 15

The Funeral is broken as a spotlight and weekly challenge song. It's not taking any scores I submit for it on vocals.

It's the same for XB1 too with guitar (I got impatient and bought the 3 Band of Horses songs separately).
  • Meat-PopsicleMeat-Popsicle Road Warrior
    The Owl is not allowed to take any more vacations