Rock Band 4 update

i have PS4, i play rock band by myself or with family, i dont have rivals or do any online playing. do i need the update . i do have occasional crash problems when the drum foot pedal stops working in the middle of the song.do i need the update and how do i install it . can someone please give me step by step instructions . i would really appreciate if someone could dumb it down for me. i am 56 years old and feel intimidated on these discussions . you folks are so knowledgable and i sure am starting to lose track of new technology and terminology. it seems like yesterday that i was building computers for windows 95.now i feel 95 years old

Comments

• pberm1962 said:

i have PS4, i play rock band by myself or with family, i dont have rivals or do any online playing. do i need the update . i do have occasional crash problems when the drum foot pedal stops working in the middle of the song.do i need the update and how do i install it . can someone please give me step by step instructions . i would really appreciate if someone could dumb it down for me. i am 56 years old and feel intimidated on these discussions . you folks are so knowledgable and i sure am starting to lose track of new technology and terminology. it seems like yesterday that i was building computers for windows 95.now i feel 95 years old

I'm pretty sure you don't NEED the update if you don't play online or play Rivals. I'm on XB1 and if I don't update, I have to play "offline", meaning my scores won't count for Leaderboards or Rivals. I'd guess it was the same way for PS4? Maybe someone else will chime in and add or correct me.
  • lightsup55lightsup55 Opening Act
    edited November 2018
    If you don't update your game (whether or not you have Rivals or play online multiplayer at all), you'll need to play "offline". In addition to that, you won't get any bug fixes (including fixes for game crashes and other issues).

Even if you update the game on the console, you might also need to update the firmware of the guitar controller or drum kit itself. I have provided links on where you can get the files and instructions on how to update the firmware. You will need a Micro USB to USB type A cable and either a PC running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or an Apple Mac running OS X 10.10 (or higher)*. This is all explained in the articles I have provided.

I don't have a PlayStation 4, but this is what I was able to find:
    PS4 System Software Update
    Enable Automatic Download and Install of PS4 Content (also mentions about Application Updates)
    How to Update Your PlayStation®4 MadCatz Firmware

If you want your PlayStation 4 updated automatically (including Application Updates), an Internet connection will be required.

From the PlayStation Store:
    Rock Band™ 4 Rivals Bundle (Rock Band 4 base game with Rivals add-on)
    -- Rock Band™ Rivals Expansion Pack (Rivals game add-on only)

As for Xbox One:
    Updating your Xbox One console (also mentions about game/app updates)
    About system updates on Xbox One
    How To Update Your Xbox One MadCatz Firmware
    -- MANDATORY Xbox One Jaguar guitar controller firmware update *(requires a PC running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10)

If you want your Xbox One updated automatically (including game/app updates), an Internet connection will be required.

From the Microsoft Store:
    Rock Band™ 4 Rivals Bundle (Rock Band 4 base game with Rivals add-on)
    -- Rock Band™ Rivals Expansion (Rivals game add-on only)

Hope that helps no matter which platform you are on.
  • Thank you LightsUp55. I will look into updating my ps4 and rock band 4 with your instructions and links .I will need to get ahold of a machine with Windows but I think I can make that happen
  • is that the latest version of the firmware for the instruments. it is dated 2015. will my windows 7 pc automatically seek out the firmware updater zip file for the drums and install it or do i have to unzip that firmware file somehow in order for it to update my instruments. the directions state i should connect my drums to the pc with a usb cable and then to use bluetooth to connect the instrument to the PC. do i need to do both these connection methods or one or the other. usb or bluetooth thanks and happy thanksgiving
    edited January 7
    This thread was probably moved and I never noticed it. So I'm sorry for the late reply.

I used a USB cable myself, but I only had the game on Xbox One.

The process might be slightly different for PlayStation 4, so I don't have any first-hand experience with the console (never owned a PlayStation 4 either... or PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 2).

Anyway, you should only need 1 type of connection. Make sure you have 2 fully charged AA batteries installed before updating the firmware of any guitar controller or drum kit.

And yes, I believe that is the latest update for the controllers as I MadCatz no longer manufactures them.

Another thing that came to mind...

Game crashes could also be a result of game-addons (also known as DLC). If you have downloaded any song in the past, make sure that you either update it or delete (uninstall) and re-download (install).

With Rock Band 4 and an internet connection, most DLC should self-update automatically.
  • ok thank you lightsup55 i used yuour links to update my drums everything working good except for that pesky vocal lag in rock band 4 on my PS4
    You can adjust individual volumes, including the microphone and the track vocals.